BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Why does everyone order the Executive package?

05-05-2021, 01:39 PM   #199
Yak
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Has anyone recently taken delivery that did not order the executive package and can confirm that they received the adaptive lights?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 11:30 PM   #200
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C-NLUSA View Post
At the VPC in the US. They make it onto the new car monroney and are then in the new car warranty.
Yes indeed, and here's what it looks like when you add port-installed stuff..

I was gonna do the CF mirror caps too but fainted when I saw the price. Now I kinda wish I'd sprung for them. The spoiler & diffuser were WELL worth the high cost IMHO - absolutely superb quality.

05-07-2021, 02:38 PM   #201
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

I removed Executive package from my order but still see Adaptive LEDs & Auto high beams as a no cost option.

Name:  Order summary.JPG
Views: 655
Size:  111.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 05:08 PM   #202
leomis
Rep
Drives: 997, GMC Denali

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacook81 View Post
I only wanted the lights so hope this is true.

Are the accessories dealer fit? (Carbon spoiler etc)?
sorry for late reply - yes...will be installed at the port.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 09:47 PM   #203
Jbmw21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmwm3

Did anyone verify the led headlights with OUT the Executive package??????
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 10:36 PM   #204
peteyrx7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 and 2021 BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmw21 View Post
I personally wouldn't risk it based on the experience of someone else (if there are people out there). If a shipment of base lights were received between someone else's build and yours you'll wind up with base lights. Don't forget that the F22 and F23 are built in the same plant and use the same headlights.

Much as I would love to save a few bucks on the M240 I have on order, the base headlights on these cars, to put things politely, are designed to encourage upgrading. I've made the mistake of not upgrading lights on a previously owned F31 and distance visibility at night was as bad as they come. I'm never make that mistake again.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 07:25 AM   #205
Yak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Confirmed! My car arrived at the dealership two days ago. It has adaptive led headlights and I do not have the executive package.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 08:20 PM   #206
Jbmw21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmwm3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak View Post
Quote:
Confirmed! My car arrived at the dealership two days ago. It has adaptive led headlights and I do not have the executive package.
Pics ? If you don't mind so it has the updated angel eyes ? I'm about to remove that to save $ lol thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2021, 08:15 AM   #207
Yak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Pics ? If you don't mind so it has the updated angel eyes ? I'm about to remove that to save $ lol thanks
Not the best pic but that’s all I have until I get it tomorrow evening.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-04-2021, 10:42 PM   #208
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
For you cats who have cars inbound, ordered w/o Exec package, and have a VIN - another way to see if the adaptive LEDs got into your build is to try the VIN decoder at

http://mdecoder.com

It will break down all the options on your car. Probably still no guarantee of success, but yet another way to try to determine if you got hooked up or not. The other commonly-used decoder at bimmer.work seems to gag on all '21 VINs.
      06-12-2021, 09:21 AM   #209
Yak
Private
Rep

Jbmw21 here is a better pic that the xpel installers sent me on Wednesday to let me know my car was ready.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
happyjack1657.00
chris7197334.00
      06-24-2021, 12:15 AM   #210
MarlboroM2C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
  [10.00]
2021 BMW  [10.00]
Hi everybody. I am new to any BMW M2 forum, but I have read this one for awhile and decided to write. This will be be second M2C having purchased one BSM Exec DCT. Unfortunately the car was replaced by my insurance company after an accident. Not hurt, thank the good lord.
Loving my M2C, I was fortunate to be able to order another BSM this time 6MT, MDrivers Perf, Sunroof delete, NO exec pkg, PCD July 21st. I too saw on my build it stated adaptive lights. I didn't want the phone charger which is Apple sized and comes with the Executive Pkg. I suppose I will now gain a little more, uh, usa-bility in my armrest container or whatever its called.
So if us guys in the last build of the F87 generation get the the non executive WITH the adpative light variant, will it fetch anymore oohs ahhs or cash? ....Doubtful. Could care less.
For now Im happy with the fact I will be able to put some stuff in the arm rest, and it will fit nicely instead of atop those protruding charger clips.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 08:55 AM   #211
M2C-NLUSA
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlboroM2C View Post
Hi everybody. I am new to any BMW M2 forum, but I have read this one for awhile and decided to write. This will be be second M2C having purchased one BSM Exec DCT. Unfortunately the car was replaced by my insurance company after an accident. Not hurt, thank the good lord.
Loving my M2C, I was fortunate to be able to order another BSM this time 6MT, MDrivers Perf, Sunroof delete, NO exec pkg, PCD July 21st. I too saw on my build it stated adaptive lights. I didn't want the phone charger which is Apple sized and comes with the Executive Pkg. I suppose I will now gain a little more, uh, usa-bility in my armrest container or whatever its called.
So if us guys in the last build of the F87 generation get the the non executive WITH the adpative light variant, will it fetch anymore oohs ahhs or cash? ....Doubtful. Could care less.
For now Im happy with the fact I will be able to put some stuff in the arm rest, and it will fit nicely instead of atop those protruding charger clips.
It won't make a single difference that you have adaptive lights without exec. It's cool no doubt but for resale or public interest… no change.
      07-24-2021, 02:33 AM   #212
MarlboroM2C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
  [10.00]
2021 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
It won't make a single difference that you have adaptive lights without exec. It's cool no doubt but for resale or public interest… no change.
Quote:
Quote:
Picked up car PCD, and yes I can confirm I received the Adaptive LEDs.