Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyjai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
265/30/19 fr and 295/30/19 rear Trofeo's
255/35/19 fr and 275/35/19 rear cup 2's

Cup2's were no good on track, Trofeo's haven't been used yet but we expect a massive improvement. Hopefully lock down finishes soon and he sees more track time
i ditched the cup2s really quickly.. they are great... but under heavy hammering they go greasy pretty quickly.. i switched over to the Bridgestones rE71RS 255 fronts and 285 rears... huge amount of grip... can get on the throttle much earlier and power out and less tendency to snap over steer

try it recommend it

i lopped 3 seconds of my lap time .... managed a 1.06 around wakefield.. and that was an impeded lap with traffic .. easily 1.05 in it... and thats down from 1.09 stock with cup 2 tires
I hear you should install a set of EBC pads to shave another 2 seconds
      03-20-2021, 09:00 PM   #24
butraymond
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
It been a while since i posted one of our builds on here but i thought it time to give you guys an update.

Erics M2 Competition has had alot of time and dedication put into it. The car is primarily used for track days now but seeing we are in lock down it hasn't been used too much lately.

The engine is pushing more power with upgraded custom turbo's, downpipes, an Akrapovic exhaust system, Custom ESS tuning software, FTP charge pipes, Eventuri intake, CSF charge cooler, CSF radiator, FTP oil thermostat and a VTT crank hub upgrade.

The Suspension upgrades include KW V3 coil overs with ground control camber plates, SPL adjustable sway bar links, Millway castor arm ball joints, Burkhart brake duct cooling, upgraded track pads DS 2500 front and rear. HRE Flow form FF04 with Michelin Cup2 tyres. For track days we have just installed a set of Trofeo R tyres on Apex EC7 on 19in wheels

The interior has Recaro Pole Position seats with 4 point harness and the roll cage if from AGI painted in Hockenheim same as the body colour. The steering wheel is from an M4CS and there is an AK motion guage installed and all the Mperformance interior pack.

Externally, it has the AC Schnitzer front lip and rear diffuser and the rear racing wing is from an M235i Racing. It also has MPerformance side winglets and M24 bonnet with vents.

I hope you like it, let me know what you guys think.
Nicely built!! Would you mind share more info on AGI cage? Does it need to drill? Any cut of floor carpet? More pics will be great!!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 04:46 PM   #25
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Yes, you need to cut and drill for the cage.

Eric did a 1.1839 (Natsoft) at Sandown on the weekend,
Appreciate 1
koastal375.50