BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS: will it be like M3/M4 CS sitting on dealer lots or not ?

04-22-2021, 08:56 AM   #177
Peterometer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
There is an M performance logo underneath the car on the front splitter, if that's what is being referred to.
The lower control arms are stamped M4. It made me chuckle when I was first under there.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 09:32 AM   #178
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestevesteve View Post
The lower control arms are stamped M4. It made me chuckle when I was first under there.
These parts are all identical for the F8x cars from the OG M2, M2C, M2 CS, F80 M3, F82 M4, etc.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2021, 03:18 PM   #179
Hydarnes
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
Not sure about Canada, but there are no manual M2 CS models left in the states. There are at best 5-7 new DCTs but I've heard dealers are asking over MSRP.
As far as I'm aware there was 1 6MT remaining available in Canada as of a couple weeks ago. Probably gone by now.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 08:56 AM   #180
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MPE `17

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
You say that like that's the only G series M car available. They still offer a manual G series M car with CCBs and carbon bucket seats that's sub 3700lbs. The G series is better than the F series in every way aside from maybe looks, which are subjective.

I couldn't help myself!
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2021, 10:10 AM   #181
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f80_MG View Post
Quote:
You say that like that's the only G series M car available. They still offer a manual G series M car with CCBs and carbon bucket seats that's sub 3700lbs. [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]The G series is better than the F series in every way[/SIZE][/COLOR] aside from maybe looks, which are subjective.

I couldn't help myself!
G82 won from what I watched. Also, F82 is lowered with an MPE fitted and no mention on tire differences. Nothing like having a drag race when it's raining out driving RWD cars to prove a point.... That video was a waste of everyones time.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 10:29 AM   #182
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
G82 won from what I watched. Also, F82 is lowered with an MPE fitted and no mention on tire differences. Nothing like having a drag race when it's raining out driving RWD cars to prove a point.... That video was a waste of everyones time.
In an objective world:
G82 lost/won 2 out of 4 tests
F82 lost/won 2 out of 4 tests
Doesn't fit with your claim of "better in every way" but I get it. I've been on the G80 boards enough to know any situation where the G8x loses is "false and a waste of everyone's time".

Also, the F82 does not have an MPE in that test - you can watch at 4:14; just aftermarket exhaust tips. Even if it did, wouldn't make any difference other than minor weight loss.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-04-25 112708.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  161.7 KB
Appreciate 1
MDuckie93.00
      04-25-2021, 11:00 AM   #183
robopp
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
In an objective world:
G82 lost/won 2 out of 4 tests
F82 lost/won 2 out of 4 tests
Doesn't fit with your claim of "better in every way" but I get it. I've been on the G80 boards enough to know any situation where the G8x loses is "false and a waste of everyone's time".

Also, the F82 does not have an MPE in that test - you can watch at 4:14; just aftermarket exhaust tips. Even if it did, wouldn't make any difference other than minor weight loss.

Attachment 2588330
Sure looks and sounds like an MPE to me. Where are you seeing it only has tips installed? Also, what's the 'thingy' that's installed that makes it pop and bang? Sounds like a tune to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 11:19 AM   #184
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
I couldn't help myself!
The proof of the G87 M2 pudding is in the eating. The car is still under development for quite some time (SOP scheduled for December 2022). BMW M will tinker it the way they deem appropriate, whilst keeping in mind the pecking order within the G87 generation. Winds of change are coming (for better or for worse).

04-25-2021, 11:21 AM   #185
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sure looks and sounds like an MPE to me. Where are you seeing it only has tips installed? Also, what's the 'thingy' that's installed that makes it pop and bang? Sounds like a tune to me.
Picture is posted in my initial post, that's not an MPE udder, and those tips have the wrong inside finish for OEM MPE tips.
Mat also states in the beginning of the video that the F82 is stock aside from cosmetic changes.
Appreciate 1
MDuckie93.00
      04-25-2021, 12:00 PM   #186
E46M3forRay
Güdentyte
Rep
Drives: GT3 & 1M

Garage List
2023 Model 3  [6.50]
2022 T4R TRD Pro  [5.00]
2011 1M  [6.67]
2014 991.1 GT3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
These parts are all identical for the F8x cars from the OG M2, M2C, M2 CS, F80 M3, F82 M4, etc.
the M2C 6/4 pot silver steel brakes is a direct bolt on to my old M3 CS.

hated those blue brakes.

SOLD - MB M2 CS | SMB F80 M3 CS | E90 M3 | E90 335i | E46 M3 Vert | E39 M5 | E34 525i
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #187
robopp
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Picture is posted in my initial post, that's not an MPE udder, and those tips have the wrong inside finish for OEM MPE tips.
Mat also states in the beginning of the video that the F82 is stock aside from cosmetic changes.
F82 M4's do not pop and bang like that stock and especially not on the stock exhaust. Something is different and Matt states in the video that it has a 'thingy' that makes it pop and bang. I have no idea what he's referring to, but sounds like a tune of some sorts to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 06:59 AM   #188
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

To refer to the original post, there's about a hundred M2 CS currently available in Germany. Maybe even more as not all are listed on mobile.de. Cars with delivery miles way under list price, I'm talking ±15k on the hood.

Also heck of a lot 2020 Comps. They've really pumped the F87s out before EOP.
      04-29-2021, 07:06 AM   #189
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
To refer to the original post, there's about a hundred M2 CS currently available in Germany. Maybe even more as not all are listed on mobile.de. Cars with delivery miles way under list price, I'm talking ±15k on the hood.

Also heck of a lot 2020 Comps. They've really pumped the F87s out before EOP.
They really messed up on market allocations didn't they. Only 100 for the UK, one of the largest M markets in the world and the same number of allocations for Benelux with a population of 3 men, 2 cows and a dog.

RHD variants are hen's teeth. Just very glad I have one of those teeth.

Maybe some lessons learnt?
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2021, 07:11 AM   #190
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
They really messed up on market allocations didn't they. Only 100 for the UK, one of the largest M markets in the world and the same number of allocations for Benelux with a population of 3 men, 2 cows and a dog.

100 for the UK is abysmally little, given that there are F8x M cars everywhere here.

I've been out of the loop on the CS, do we have production/allocation numbers either from a third party or BMW?
      04-29-2021, 07:17 AM   #191
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:

100 for the UK is abysmally little, given that there are F8x M cars everywhere here.

I've been out of the loop on the CS, do we have production/allocation numbers either from a third party or BMW?
There's an extensive thread in here somewhere. People tracked the numbers down. Off the top of my head, 104 in the UK, 86 in Australia, 500 and something in the US. 500 in Germany. 100 in Benelux. 3 in Singapore. The front half of a car in New Zealand and so on.
Appreciate 3
f80_MG563.50
Jimjamz4581.50
      04-29-2021, 07:32 AM   #192
Joey_Dual_Clutch
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CS

Quote:

Sure did. I only see 2 new available in the US. Maybe a handful more not on cars.com but supply of new will probably hit 0 before May is out my guess.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 11:08 AM   #193
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:

were any of the cows pregnant?

Quote:

There's an extensive thread in here somewhere. People tracked the numbers down. Off the top of my head, 104 in the UK, 86 in Australia, 500 and something in the US. 500 in Germany. 100 in Benelux. 3 in Singapore. The front half of a car in New Zealand and so on.
Are you sure it was the front half mate?
      04-29-2021, 11:59 PM   #194
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:

Actually, here's an alternate take: The primary factor in how well new and used cars are selling in any given country is COVID vaccination rate.

1. The 3 western countries that, in spite of utter incompetence in nearly everything they do, actually managed to stumble into not completely F***ing up their vaccination efforts were the UK, the US, and Israel

2. In all 3 countries, you see a V-shaped economic recovery. While other western countries have not seen comparable vaccination rates, and consequently have continued to experience significant stagnation in NGDP growth

3. Given that COVID created an aggregate supply shock (meaning supply contracted), and durable goods like cars take a long time to produce, with sudden recovery in aggregate demand in the UK, US, and Israel, there are now shortages of durable goods, like cars. Durable goods are flying off the shelves - and dealer lots

4. We see this in the empirical economic data, as well anecdotal information - there's another thread in the M2C forum where a gentleman pointed out that a friend of his went from the US, up to Canada to purchase his M2, because even with duties and other cross-border fees, it was more economical than buying the car in the US. Canada, by the way, did not secure enough doses of vaccine to effectively vaccinate their population

So, if you accept this hypothesis, one could argue that even if BMW had perfectly allocated M2CS'es based on perfect information with regard to demand by country, they would have conducted that market research and allocated #'s pre-COVID.

It's REALLY struck me on this forum how many cars are sitting on lots in the EU, how low prices are for new and used cars in the EU, relative to the US. This is also correlated with NGDP growth data, which is being driven by vaccination rates.

Potentially, the lesson learnt for BMW really would be: Don't allocate the hottest, best-driving M car of all time, and then get hit with a global pandemic, because as countries screw up their vaccination programs, that will screw up your sales.
Appreciate 3
f80_MG563.50
Tornado1M1211.00
      04-30-2021, 08:03 AM   #195
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Potentially, the lesson learnt for BMW really would be: Don't allocate the hottest, best-driving M car of all time, and then get hit with a global pandemic, because as countries screw up their vaccination programs, that will screw up your sales.
Good points.

Or live on the world's largest island where you can lock borders and have almost no covid. So lucky down here. Very hard for EU.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      04-30-2021, 08:25 AM   #196
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:

Actually, here's an alternate take: The primary factor in how well new and used cars are selling in any given country is COVID vaccination rate.

1. The 3 western countries that, in spite of utter incompetence in nearly everything they do, actually managed to stumble into not completely F***ing up their vaccination efforts were the UK, the US, and Israel

2. In all 3 countries, you see a V-shaped economic recovery. While other western countries have not seen comparable vaccination rates, and consequently have continued to experience significant stagnation in NGDP growth

3. Given that COVID created an aggregate supply shock (meaning supply contracted), and durable goods like cars take a long time to produce, with sudden recovery in aggregate demand in the UK, US, and Israel, there are now shortages of durable goods, like cars. Durable goods are flying off the shelves - and dealer lots

4. We see this in the empirical economic data, as well anecdotal information - there's another thread in the M2C forum where a gentleman pointed out that a friend of his went from the US, up to Canada to purchase his M2, because even with duties and other cross-border fees, it was more economical than buying the car in the US. Canada, by the way, did not secure enough doses of vaccine to effectively vaccinate their population

So, if you accept this hypothesis, one could argue that even if BMW had perfectly allocated M2CS'es based on perfect information with regard to demand by country, they would have conducted that market research and allocated #'s pre-COVID.

It's REALLY struck me on this forum how many cars are sitting on lots in the EU, how low prices are for new and used cars in the EU, relative to the US. This is also correlated with NGDP growth data, which is being driven by vaccination rates.

I haven't heard the EU prices are low. In fact some of the euro prices I've seen for the CS are eye watering - even by Australian standards.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
      04-30-2021, 08:34 AM   #197
Joey_Dual_Clutch
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CS

More vaccines people “feel” safe and things open back up. I’d have worn a hazmat suit if needed to get my car if I was older or at increased risk.
It’s going to open up more this summer and demand will go nuts...I think lol. I’m actually betting oil will go through the roof. In addition, chip shortages will mess up the supply chain big time. To me this confirms my bias of buying the car when I had the chance.

I hope we all stay healthy and can meet up for events going forward!
Appreciate 4
Jimjamz4581.50
cptobvious2531.50
Tornado1M1211.00
      04-30-2021, 09:08 AM   #198
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
I haven't heard the EU prices are low. In fact some of the euro prices I've seen for the CS are eye watering - even by Australian standards.

Hey Jimjamz!

You're right. Apologies for my poor wording - that's what happens when I get on the computer at 11pm, with 2 scotches under the belt.

A more accurate way to say what I meant would have been: "It's REALLY struck me on this forum how many cars are sitting on lots in the EU, how high the discounts off MSRP are, while in the US used car prices have skyrocketed, and dealers are asking for ADM on new M2CS'es."

But, you are 100% correct. Prices in the EU are nothing short of MIND BOGGLING. Unfortunately, my understanding is that the EU citizenry have the distinct pleasure of paying 50% income tax, 90% capital gains tax, and then if they're somehow able to save enough to buy a car like the M2CS, value-added taxes, import duties, carbon taxes, engine size tax, penis size tax, skin color tax, endangered naked mole rat tax, and the ever-dreaded one-legged, lesbian squirrel protection tax are all added on top of the price of the car, to make sure MSRP is 3-4x what you would pay for the car versus in the U.S.
Appreciate 3
CarJunkie2616.50
F87EVO4033.00
QM287.00