BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M2CS General Chat and Stuff

12-11-2020, 09:43 PM   #45
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M, M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWM View Post
Has this happened yet, or will we be waiting into next year for that to happen?
Nah, not yet. Definitely not all sold out, and heavy FB marketing going on to get people through the door. The last cars are built/ being built and will arrive by around March or sooner.

BMW Australia isn't throwing money at these yet, but if it gets to March and the final cars arriving aren't sold, there might be some help to shift them. You won't see 130s, there's not that many remaining unsold.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 11:10 PM   #46
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
Quote:
Has this happened yet, or will we be waiting into next year for that to happen?
Nah, not yet. Definitely not all sold out, and heavy FB marketing going on to get people through the door. The last cars are built/ being built and will arrive by around March or sooner.

BMW Australia isn't throwing money at these yet, but if it gets to March and the final cars arriving aren't sold, there might be some help to shift them. You won't see 130s, there's not that many remaining unsold.
As of October first, 70 were spoken for by those buyers who'd put deposits down months earlier.

There were only 84 allocated to Australia of which 2 were for the press and theoretically won't be sold. The only chance I could see for a discount would be if the press cars would be sold.

It's hard to imagine how the remaining 12 unallocated vehicles would stay unsold from October 2020 to March 2021, but hey, if they end up being offered at a discount, all the better for those 12 buyers.
      12-12-2020, 12:54 AM   #47
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RednekM2 View Post
MB/6MT/non-CCB, can't remember which tyres....the ones that actually work in cold temperatures? Haha.

Vic dealer. Be interesting to get a state by state breakdown.

I got mine from a Vic dealer too.

There are a couple more Aussies I know of in this forum; Davil is in NSW, not sure where JimJamz comes from.

I also know 2 (AW & HS) have been delivered in Adelaide from a total of 18 Australian deliveries which were manufactured in April and delivered in Sept.
I'm in Sydney.

Out of interest, those in NSW I'm looking to do a Sydney based multi CS shoot. I've done quite a lot of car photography and have some good locations in mind and have the gear. I'll be happy to share the high res images with any Aussie owners that can come along. Looking to shoot mid Jan.

Let me know if any interested.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2020, 02:26 AM   #48
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
As of October first, 70 were spoken for by those buyers who'd put deposits down months earlier.

There were only 84 allocated to Australia of which 2 were for the press and theoretically won't be sold. The only chance I could see for a discount would be if the press cars would be sold.

It's hard to imagine how the remaining 12 unallocated vehicles would stay unsold from October 2020 to March 2021, but hey, if they end up being offered at a discount, all the better for those 12 buyers.
My info was that 22 remained unsold. 21 as of today
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2020, 05:25 AM   #49
JWM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Sounds like congratulations are in order? 🙂
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 06:58 AM   #50
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like congratulations are in order? 🙂
Thanks. The marketing push worked. HS arriving Feb, soon to get on a boat.

Will be sad to see my M2C go - I'll miss the heated seats in melbourne, and comfort access, and sunroof, and armrest, and rear cupholders for the kiddies with rear ventilation... but thank fk I don't have to wash those 788 rims EVER again.
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2020, 07:47 AM   #51
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

First and foremost, congratulations

That's also interesting. did your source say how many had been allocated to Australia?
      12-12-2020, 08:10 AM   #52
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

That's also interesting. did your source say how many had been allocated to Australia?
Thanks, was an exciting afternoon.

It didn't really come up in conversation, but the 84 figure seems to be accepted as correct.
When I asked how many remain unsold, they could see 22 in the system as built/on the way/to be built that were unsold. There were likely some cancelled orders to go from 12 to 22 (either disappointed with the specs, or maybe prefer the bigger grills of the G8x?).

I think 20 odd out of 84 is still a large number for a limited car. Most that want one will already have ordered. There's probably something in it for the last few buyers. Feb might be a great time to pick up a CS!

Last edited by Piets94; 12-12-2020 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2020, 08:24 AM   #53
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, was an exciting afternoon.

It didn't really come up in conversation, but the 84 figure seems to be accepted as correct.
When I asked how many remain unsold, they could see 22 in the system as built/on the way/to be built that were unsold. There were likely some cancelled orders to go from 12 to 22 (either disappointed with the specs, or maybe prefer the bigger grills of the G8x?).

I think 20 odd out of 84 is still a large number for a limited car. Most that want one will already have ordered. There's probably something in it for the last few buyers.
22 lucky owners in the waiting.

I have the option of waiting till end of March before picking up my CS. If BMW Aus throws money at it, I could theoretically cancel and repurchase it.

Maybe save enough for a new set of wheels and tyres for the track, hmmmm, food for thought!

Thanks for the update
APH45.00
      12-31-2020, 11:02 PM   #54
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
Hi everyone,
Just looking at potentially getting back in to a m2 in the form of a cs (if any are available). If anybody is willing to let me know what sort of prices they picked them up for it would be greatly appreciated (pm or here).
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2021, 01:49 AM   #55
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksgoh View Post
Hi everyone,
Just looking at potentially getting back in to a m2 in the form of a cs (if any are available). If anybody is willing to let me know what sort of prices they picked them up for it would be greatly appreciated (pm or here).
Thanks in advance
Hi mate

Jimjamz might know a guy
      01-01-2021, 10:10 PM   #56
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
I'm in Sydney.

Out of interest, those in NSW I'm looking to do a Sydney based multi CS shoot. I've done quite a lot of car photography and have some good locations in mind and have the gear. I'll be happy to share the high res images with any Aussie owners that can come along. Looking to shoot mid Jan.

When does yours arrive? Is it on the Tracer?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-01-2021, 11:02 PM   #57
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
I'm in Sydney.

Hoegh New York arriving in Port Kembla this afternoon. @MadBimmeRad is on the Tracer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Davil6523.00
      01-02-2021, 05:56 AM   #58
RednekM2
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2CS, Yaris Rallye

Exciting! Getting close!

Wondering where mine is!? Can't be too far away.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 09:10 AM   #59
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm in Sydney.

Hoegh New York arriving in Port Kembla this afternoon. @MadBimmeRad is on the Tracer.
@Davil & Jimjamz

Hopefully Tracer will be docking at Port of Melbourne on January 4th and my car will still be on it

If so, I'll probably be seeing it by Australia day long weekend (fingers crossed)
Davil6523.00
      01-02-2021, 08:40 PM   #60
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm in Sydney.

You beat me! Bloody Tracer is a fair bit behind schedule. Seemed to get stuck in Africa.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2021, 08:42 PM   #61
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm in Sydney.

@Davil & Jimjamz

Hopefully Tracer will be docking at Port of Melbourne on January 4th and my car will still be on it

If so, I'll probably be seeing it by Australia day long weekend (fingers crossed)
Exciting!
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2021, 11:12 PM   #62
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm in Sydney.

You beat me! Bloody Tracer is a fair bit behind schedule. Seemed to get stuck in Africa.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm in Sydney.

There's a whole story about that delay apparently. MadBimmeRad gave me the bkg. Sounds like the CS' on that ship literally are a rare breed.
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2021, 07:46 PM   #63
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm in Sydney.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm in Sydney.

There's a whole story about that delay apparently. MadBimmeRad gave me the bkg. Sounds like the CS' on that ship literally are a rare breed.
What was it MadBR? Seemed to be smooth sailing until Africa.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 06:35 PM   #64
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Mine hits Melb Jan 19 apparently, excitement builds!
Appreciate 2
Davil6523.00
      01-07-2021, 11:04 PM   #65
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone else on the Detroit? Mine is scheduled to arrive in Melbourne 12th Feb, so early March delivery probably.

Exciting few weeks for those taking delivery soon. Keep us all posted with pics
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2021, 11:24 PM   #66
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

So is it the Tracer due in on the 19th of Jan to Greater Port Phillip Bay? Maybe a few CSssss on the old boat.
Appreciate 0