BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > PSA: My (former) 2018 M2 LCI @ Leith BMW

06-20-2019, 11:40 PM   #1
BMWCompact
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

PSA: My (former) 2018 M2 LCI @ Leith BMW

Hey Everyone,

Just a heads up ... I traded in my 2018 Alpine White M2 LCI this past Monday at Leith BMW in Raleigh NC. I have no financial interest here ... selfishly, I would really like to see it go to a good home. I babied it throughout my entire ownership, from the time I picked it up at the BMW Performance Center in December, 2017, to dropping it off that day at Extreme Colors Auto Spa in Greenville to get the entire front half, mirrors, rockers, door edges, door cups, and extended rear fender coverage wrapped in Llumar, as well as Ceramic Pro 5 year coverage, including the wheels. Always parked it as far away as possible, so no dings / dents / scratches. Non-smoker. 14k miles.

Manual trans, Exec Pack, moonroof, Apple CarPlay. Original MSRP was $57,395, before the ~$4k with Extreme Colors (they did a tremendous job).

My hope is that a caring individual will buy my former M2, before it's subjected to numerous 'road tests' by people who have no interest in buying it. What can I say ... my cars become part of the family. I traded my M2 only because I ordered a M2C.

If anyone's interested, talk with Ales Olecky at Leith - he's a tremendous individual - I've known him forever.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
lfcorrea
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 LBB M2C 6MT

I just ordered my M2C through Ales on the phone. He was able to get me an allocation and arrange for European Delivery on my desired date (Oktoberfest) within a couple of days.
Haven't met him in person, but I am very impressed with his service.

I just sold my 2016 F80 M3 to my local dealer in Fayetteville, so I understand your thoughts exactly. Mine had 24k miles, but it was babied just the same.
- 2013 F30 335i MG/Black 6MT - SOLD
- 2011 E82 128i Black/Black 6MT - loved it!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 06:54 PM   #3
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

That dealer loves you. 2 new M2s in 1.5 yrs plus they make money on your trade.

Any reason you didn’t sell private party?

Will you spend another $4k on the new one?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #4
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Looks like it's still available but the "internet price" is $49,955, which is high with 15K miles (despite the $4K spent in care/protection).
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #5
BMWCompact
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcorrea View Post
I just ordered my M2C through Ales on the phone. He was able to get me an allocation and arrange for European Delivery on my desired date (Oktoberfest) within a couple of days.

I just sold my 2016 F80 M3 to my local dealer in Fayetteville, so I understand your thoughts exactly. Mine had 24k miles, but it was babied just the same.
Ales is a tremendous individual - he really is. I cannot say enough about him - he really is responsive, honest, and has been with Leith for a number of years.

And no, I'm not getting compensated for my favorable review! 😀

How did you find out about Ales?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #6
BMWCompact
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanGA View Post
That dealer loves you. 2 new M2s in 1.5 yrs plus they make money on your trade.

Any reason you didn’t sell private party?

Will you spend another $4k on the new one?
I've already spent the four grand with Extreme Colors-they did a great job.

I didn't want to deal with the hassle of people coming to my house and driving my M2. Life is too short.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 07:12 PM   #7
RPM33
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCompact View Post
I've already spent the four grand with Extreme Colors-they did a great job.

I didn't want to deal with the hassle of people coming to my house and driving my M2. Life is too short.
How much did you get in trade in value?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2019, 09:33 PM   #8
jas1598
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcorrea View Post

Ales is a tremendous individual - he really is. I cannot say enough about him - he really is responsive, honest, and has been with Leith for a number of years.

And no, I'm not getting compensated for my favorable review!

How did you find out about Ales?
l
pkkkoj
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 10:53 AM   #9
GrahamSP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Just a heads up ... I traded in my 2018 Alpine White M2 LCI this past Monday at Leith BMW in Raleigh NC. I have no financial interest here ... selfishly, I would really like to see it go to a good home. I babied it throughout my entire ownership, from the time I picked it up at the BMW Performance Center in December, 2017, to dropping it off that day at Extreme Colors Auto Spa in Greenville to get the entire front half, mirrors, rockers, door edges, door cups, and extended rear fender coverage wrapped in Llumar, as well as Ceramic Pro 5 year coverage, including the wheels. Always parked it as far away as possible, so no dings / dents / scratches. Non-smoker. 14k miles.

Manual trans, Exec Pack, moonroof, Apple CarPlay. Original MSRP was $57,395, before the ~$4k with Extreme Colors (they did a tremendous job).

My hope is that a caring individual will buy my former M2, before it's subjected to numerous 'road tests' by people who have no interest in buying it. What can I say ... my cars become part of the family. I traded my M2 only because I ordered a M2C.

If anyone's interested, talk with Ales Olecky at Leith - he's a tremendous individual - I've known him forever.
Can you drop me a PM with Ales's contact info? My guy in Asheville that I bought my F80 from is no longer selling BMWs. thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 12:39 PM   #10
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamSP View Post
Can you drop me a PM with Ales's contact info? My guy in Asheville that I bought my F80 from is no longer selling BMWs. thanks!
https://www.leithbmw.com/contactus.aspx
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 09:07 AM   #11
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
I just traded my car in and lost probably $2K compared to selling it privately. But it's become such a hassle these days, few of us want to bother with it.
Appreciate 0