BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Auto rev match

04-22-2021, 01:37 PM   #89
Happy77
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMRlight View Post
Do you know if the new M2C's coming out in 2021 will be able to have the same settings removed like the older ones. I have been reading the newer cars don't have the ECU unlocked so this may not work so I am looking for someone that has bought a new M2C to see if this is the case or if I am getting wrong information.
i'm sorry... I don't know
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2021, 04:11 AM   #90
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Any changes you can do in "coding" apps like bimmercode are not involving flashing the DME.

They are settings in other modules, so should be unaffected by the new locked out DME.

So for example, these start button settings are in the "TCM" module (transmission control module) nothing to do with DME.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 09:20 AM   #91
MMRlight
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Any changes you can do in "coding" apps like bimmercode are not involving flashing the DME.

They are settings in other modules, so should be unaffected by the new locked out DME.

So for example, these start button settings are in the "TCM" module (transmission control module) nothing to do with DME.
Awesome, thank you! Since this is my first BMW which do you recommend I use? BM3, bimmercode, mthor flasher, or something else?

My main goal is just removing auto rev match, IDC if the anti stall stays.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 02:35 AM   #92
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Bm3 is a DME flashing / mapping tool.

Bimmercode is just a app for changing settings in other modules.

If you want to properly turn of rev match then you need BM3 and flash the DME. I've done it that way and disabled it in all modes.

The bimmercode rev match off is a fiddle by disabling the clutch pedal sensor which also messes up other functions like having to go to 2 push start etc and hill assist stops working.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 12:50 PM   #93
Happy77
Rep

Quote:
Bm3 is a DME flashing / mapping tool.

Bimmercode is just a app for changing settings in other modules.

If you want to properly turn of rev match then you need BM3 and flash the DME. I've done it that way and disabled it in all modes.

The bimmercode rev match off is a fiddle by disabling the clutch pedal sensor which also messes up other functions like having to go to 2 push start etc and hill assist stops working.

No.
By bimmercode if you code this:

FEM / EXPERT MODE / 3020 Tc MASTER:

TCM_STARTLOCK_BRAKE => aktiv
TCM_STARTLOCK_CLUTCH => nicht_aktiv
TCM_STARTLOCK_DRIVINGREADINESS => nicht_aktiv

..you'll start engine with only one press button and press clutch and break. Hill assist works!
Appreciate 1
Kattanah136.00
      04-26-2021, 01:09 PM   #94
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

So any changes via bimmer code are stored in the history, correct?

So even if you have a warranty issue requiring a trip to the dealer and you change everything back to factory settings, I'm assuming there's an inherent risk in voiding the warranty?

Anyone have experience with this situation?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 05:29 PM   #95
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post

So even if you have a warranty issue requiring a trip to the dealer and you change everything back to factory settings, I'm assuming there's an inherent risk in voiding the warranty?

I don't think that simple coding is going to void your warranty. I never worry about it when I take my car in for service. I haven't heard of other people having problems with coding either. Flashing an ECU flash tune is another matter.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 06:24 PM   #96
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post

I don't think that simple coding is going to void your warranty. I never worry about it when I take my car in for service. I haven't heard of other people having problems with coding either. Flashing an ECU flash tune is another matter.
I asked my SA And he said that it probably isn't going to be a problem but if for some reason there is some issue with the car related to what's been coded out, then yes it's can void the warranty. He was vague bc he couldn't think of when/how this would happen, but just an FYI.

I agree that it's prob not a big deal, but maybe worth considering before biting the bullet, so at least you made an informed decision.
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      04-30-2021, 04:38 AM   #97
Happy77
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy77 View Post
No.
By bimmercode if you code this:

FEM / EXPERT MODE / 3020 Tc MASTER:

TCM_STARTLOCK_BRAKE => aktiv
TCM_STARTLOCK_CLUTCH => nicht_aktiv
TCM_STARTLOCK_DRIVINGREADINESS => nicht_aktiv

..you'll start engine with only one press button and press clutch and break. Hill assist works!

it'was a mistake.. HILL ASSIST DOESN'T WORKS
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2022, 07:15 PM   #98
Blue Liquid
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80

Do you guys know if the auto-blip function can be turned ON while in Sport Plus mode using Bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 09:55 PM   #99
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
I love seeing the variety of opinions on auto-rev match. In my previous car — a 2010 WRX hatchback — I became quite adept at rev-matching during a downshift. It was a lot of fun! And then, invariably I'd completely blow it and the car would jerk all over the place and I'd wish the car would just do it for me. But then I'd absolutely nail the next one and it'd feel soooo good. So I both wished I had auto rev-matching and wished I didn't in that car.

For me, it's kinda best of both worlds in the M2: I can still go through the motions of rev-matching myself when I want to and the car catches me when I get it wrong. And for times when I just can't bother, the car has my back.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 10:19 PM   #100
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liquid View Post
Do you guys know if the auto-blip function can be turned ON while in Sport Plus mode using Bimmercode?
it should be on by default in sport +. The only time it is not on is when traction control is off.
      02-28-2022, 01:12 AM   #101
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
it should be on by default in sport +. The only time it is not on is when traction control is off.
...beat me to it....
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 02:11 AM   #102
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
...beat me to it....
      03-16-2022, 02:30 PM   #103
E21-myfirstlove
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

You can override the auto rev match if you heel and toe. Just do it like you would any other manual. If you don't heel and toe downshift, then I would say the rev match is a good thing. Sometimes i get lazy and actually appreciate the rev match. Heel and toe shifting for a daily commute does take some practice though… but becomes as second nature as driving manual
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 05:51 PM   #104
phriz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by E21-myfirstlove View Post
You can override the auto rev match if you heel and toe. Just do it like you would any other manual. If you don't heel and toe downshift, then I would say the rev match is a good thing. Sometimes i get lazy and actually appreciate the rev match. Heel and toe shifting for a daily commute does take some practice though… but becomes as second nature as driving manual
Second this. If you heel and toe quickly enough you can beat the auto rev match. But I love having the auto rev match on the way to work at 6AM when I don't feel like blipping the throttle. I would never disable it completely with TC off unless I was on a track.
Appreciate 0