BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > F80 M3 Comp Vs M2CS vs 911 Carrera T vs Macan GTS

03-16-2021, 06:08 PM   #1
mile2424
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

F80 M3 Comp Vs M2CS vs 911 Carrera T vs Macan GTS

I started with a 2018 M3 comp, and then moved the Carrera T which is a manual, and I thought I could stuff my little toddler in the back. As much as I love the car, and actually a huge Porsche fanatic and enthusiast, debating about maybe finding a nice unique low mileage M3, or finding a manual M2CS (I know the backseats are decent size even though it's only 2 doors). I like the how the M2CS is more unique and rare over the M3, but at the same time more limited on options and colors. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 07:01 AM   #2
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile2424 View Post
I started with a 2018 M3 comp, and then moved the Carrera T which is a manual, and I thought I could stuff my little toddler in the back. As much as I love the car, and actually a huge Porsche fanatic and enthusiast, debating about maybe finding a nice unique low mileage M3, or finding a manual M2CS (I know the backseats are decent size even though it's only 2 doors). I like the how the M2CS is more unique and rare over the M3, but at the same time more limited on options and colors. Thoughts?
I've done M2c and M3 with a toddler.

M2c has quite a bit of space but it becomes tiring on those occasions you have to reach in to assist buckling them in or they fall asleep and you need to carry them out.

Also the lack of interior options on the M2c is quite disappointing considering you spend more time inside the car than staring at it from the outside.

However having said that since you're options are between M2cs vs M3, it's quite difficult to not go with the car of moment or even year.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 07:59 AM   #3
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

If getting a toddler in an out of the back is a primary factor then no question go with M3. Enjoy it for a few years until your little one is big enough to buckle him/herself in and you can change to something else.
Appreciate 0