BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > PCD: different cost than dealer pick-up

02-25-2021, 09:14 PM   #1
dave_261
Rep
Drives: X5

PCD: different cost than dealer pick-up

Apologies for the perhaps naïve question...

I'm putting the finishing touches on an X5 and price is finalized (but no paperwork signed yet). I told the dealer that I'd like to do the Performance Center Delivery, and was told that the pricing structure would be different given how BMW 'charges' the dealer.

In essence, he could not honor the full discount, and when all's said and done, it would cost about $2,000 more.

Does this make sense or am I missing something? All of the literature implies that it should have no bearing on the cost.

This is from the PCD FAQ: What is the cost of the Delivery Program?
Taking delivery at the BMW Performance Center is a no-cost option for both the customer and the BMW Retail Center.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 10:04 PM   #2
dmcM2C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

I was offered PCD on my M2C order but since I'm ordering from out of state and trading a car in I didn't want the hassle of driving the trade in down to that state then flying to the PC from there. the only difference in pricing that was mentioned to me was my deposit(which was small) for dealership delivery would be doubled for PCD. as far as I know the price of the car and our deal wouldn't change.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 11:55 PM   #3
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Dealer is full of it. Bottom line.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 05:07 AM   #4
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8SEVEN View Post
Dealer is full of it. Bottom line.
This, for an ordered car there is zero cost. Some dealers are actually happy about it because they don't have to do the delivery of the car. Customer comes in two weeks before your PCD date, sign papers and customer walks out.

I've done PCD before and would do it again. Great experience.

EDIT: OP this is a new order you are placing, not a car that is in stock or inbound to the dealer already, right?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 05:15 AM   #5
dave_261
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
This, for an ordered car there is zero cost. Some dealers are actually happy about it because they don't have to do the delivery of the car. Customer comes in two weeks before your PCD date, sign papers and customer walks out.

I've done PCD before and would do it again. Great experience.

EDIT: OP this is a new order you are placing, not a car that is in stock or inbound to the dealer already, right?
Yep, brand new, custom factory order.

Thanks for the feedback. I couldn't understand why the dealer wouldn't want this... in fact, I live about 2 hours from the dealer and they said they would bring me the car! So I am baffled why they wouldn't prefer me getting it myself.

(Also... I realized I posted this in the wrong forum... but I suppose the process is the same for any BMW).
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2021, 09:44 AM   #6
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_261 View Post
Yep, brand new, custom factory order.

Thanks for the feedback. I couldn't understand why the dealer wouldn't want this... in fact, I live about 2 hours from the dealer and they said they would bring me the car! So I am baffled why they wouldn't prefer me getting it myself.

(Also... I realized I posted this in the wrong forum... but I suppose the process is the same for any BMW).
I can give you a referral to another dealer, who will FedEx you everything. I'm only 60 miles away, and I've yet to set foot in the dealership! Just picked up my M2C from them via PCD last December.
Appreciate 0