BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Out of State Delivery

01-28-2021, 12:25 PM   #1
RJD851
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 M3, X4 M40i

Out of State Delivery

I purchased a car out of state and having it delivered to CA in an enclosed carrier.

I live on a narrow street ending in a cul de sac so I'm not sure the truck would have enough room. I work mostly from home as well so I don't have access to an office parking lot either.

There is a BMW dealer a few minutes from my house, but I didn't purchase the car from them. I'm thinking of asking if I can take delivery there (it would likely be where I have the car serviced) but heard they sometimes charge a fee.

Does anyone have experiences taking delivery somewhere else? Maybe just find an empty business park lot?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #2
maxcbrdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535xiT; 2021 BMW M2C

I had a friend take delivery in a retail shopping center lot. No issue. I suppose you can pick just about anywhere that still enables them to get out. Why not the end of the street?
Appreciate 1
RJD851128.00
      01-28-2021, 01:34 PM   #3
RJD851
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 M3, X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcbrdriver View Post
I had a friend take delivery in a retail shopping center lot. No issue. I suppose you can pick just about anywhere that still enables them to get out. Why not the end of the street?
Thanks - good suggestion, there's a mall nearby with reduced traffic an a lot of empty parking lot space since the pandemic so I'll probably do that.

My street ends in a very busy main road, no place for a truck that size to stop.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #4
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

I had the same issue (truck couldn't get to my front door) and the guy called me and I told him the address of a straight road about a block away from my house with a double yellow median where he could stop in the median and unload the car. It worked out perfectly and I just walked over. He was also willing to meet me at any shopping center or even on the street where the auto dealerships are (but not at a specific dealership) since they know they can get those long 50'+ trucks in and out of there.
Appreciate 1
RJD851128.00