BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > Was rear ended...

02-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #1
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW N55 335xi

Was rear ended...

So live in the Bay area where we have the most idiotic drivers in the land and for more proof I was hit today by a Toyota Highlander backing out of her parking spot and not seeing my bright sunset orange M2C. After my girlfriend coming out of the store yelling at her to stop she continued on and smacked the driver side corner of my back bumper. So... Now looking for some paint shops and worried about matching my paint correctly. My other option is to try and buff it out which may be possible (will post pics) but not sure. Live in Fremont so any local guys pm me or just respond here. Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 11:01 AM   #2
Honda_bar
Private
Rep
Drives: Hrv accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer28312 View Post
So live in the Bay area where we have the most idiotic drivers in the land and for more proof I was hit today by a Toyota Highlander backing out of her parking spot and not seeing my bright sunset orange M2C. After my girlfriend coming out of the store yelling at her to stop she continued on and smacked the driver side corner of my back bumper. So... Now looking for some paint shops and worried about matching my paint correctly. My other option is to try and buff it out which may be possible (will post pics) but not sure. Live in Fremont so any local guys pm me or just respond here. Thanks
Sorry to hear that, will it buff out though? Hard to tell from the pics. Too bad you don't live in southern California 🤔
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 07:49 PM   #3
chiefsubjugator
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT LBB

Quote:
So live in the Bay area where we have the most idiotic drivers in the land
Glad it’s not just me. Moved my family here about 6 months ago and I’m floored at the lack of awareness and predictability the drivers here exhibit.

Case in point, I saw a lady turn her car directly into a stopped garbage truck, wrecking her entire front bumper. She literally drove alongside it then just decided to be one with the truck. This was shortly after moving.

Two weeks ago a Bay Area driver t-boned my wife’s TSX. This wasn’t at some intersection or stop sign, my wife was driving straight along a one lane road and this mouth breather just slammed into her. Absolutely incredible.

And that’s not to mention the daily stupidity I see up here. People stopping in the middle of a 45MPH road because they missed their turn.Last week I saw someone almost drive into the sidewalk twice. Nobody here stops for emergency vehicles either which I find reprehensible.

Anyway sorry to rant, you gave me a good moment to get some things off my chest lol.

Good luck with your car. I had good experiences with B&S Hacienda in Pleasanton. They have a few locations throughout the Bay Area.
Appreciate 1
Saintjah121.50
      02-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #4
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsubjugator View Post
Glad it’s not just me. Moved my family here about 6 months ago and I’m floored at the lack of awareness and predictability the drivers here exhibit.

Case in point, I saw a lady turn her car directly into a stopped garbage truck, wrecking her entire front bumper. She literally drove alongside it then just decided to be one with the truck. This was shortly after moving.

Two weeks ago a Bay Area driver t-boned my wife’s TSX. This wasn’t at some intersection or stop sign, my wife was driving straight along a one lane road and this mouth breather just slammed into her. Absolutely incredible.

And that’s not to mention the daily stupidity I see up here. People stopping in the middle of a 45MPH road because they missed their turn.Last week I saw someone almost drive into the sidewalk twice. Nobody here stops for emergency vehicles either which I find reprehensible.

Anyway sorry to rant, you gave me a good moment to get some things off my chest lol.

Good luck with your car. I had good experiences with B&S Hacienda in Pleasanton. They have a few locations throughout the Bay Area.
Vent away bud trust me I completely understand your frustration. Raised here in the Bay and yes it's bad in certain cities. Gonna go for a nice check from her idiotic ass and just buff it out. Just glad she didn't bust open my bumper
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 11:15 AM   #5
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Sorry to hear that man. I'd see if you can polish it out first. If not i'd contact CBH_Autobody on instagram. He is really really good and he has very good prices. He's located in San Jose
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 12:41 PM   #6
omasou
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
bring it to a body shop and make sure there isn't any damage under the bumper cover that you cannot see.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #7
Bimmer28312
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
bring it to a body shop and make sure there isn't any damage under the bumper cover that you cannot see.
Yeah wasn't sure if needed to but my eyes may not see what shop sees day in day out. Probably good idea regardless
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 04:48 PM   #8
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Yeah wasn't sure if needed to but my eyes may not see what shop sees day in day out. Probably good idea regardless
Always C.Y.A.

Cover your ass

Full check up is recommended and it'll be at the other person's dime so you have no worries.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2020, 05:11 PM   #9
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda_bar View Post
Too bad you don't live in southern California 🤔
You think the driver's are any better down here? If anything, its worse
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 09:54 AM   #10