BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Maui roads tease me.

01-09-2023, 08:34 PM   #1
BlacMacJac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW '20 M2C

Maui roads tease me.

I'm vacationing in Maui this week, and have been marveling at the quality of 90% of the road surfaces here on this island. Plus, yesterday we did the "Road to Hana" which is an insane trek of 64 miles of very narrow two lane roads with what we were told was 600+ curves and turns with 59 single lane bridges.

Here's the deal, as I drive both the general island and that Hana trek thinking, "this would be AMAZING in my 6sp M2C", with the exception that traffic here and the very clear adherence to speed limits (I guess the cops are very harsh on pulling over speeders?) makes even driving my crummy rental a rather frustrating experience.

I do wonder if there are any M2's on this island and if so, can you explain how you ever get the change to (and where) get to properly run thru the gears??!!
Appreciate 2
SCCThree814.50
CFO277.00
      01-09-2023, 11:00 PM   #2
jefe2000
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
My experience on Maui tracks with yours: some fantastic driving roads and too much traffic to do much on them. The road up Haleakala is pretty great, too!

When I drove those roads, it was in a rental PT Cruiser with a terribly slow 4-speed slushbox. What I wouldn’t have given for something like the M2, even with the traffic.
Appreciate 1
SCCThree814.50