BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 CSL

02-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #67
silkman
Rep
Drives: M2 CSL (deposit paid)

Scott26 - howdy pardner! Should we expect other variants of the M2 before the CSL arrives ?

My guess is they'll make 100 for the UK, priced around 75k. It'll be announced around Jul/Aug 16 with delivery mid 2017.

If they don't build it then hopefully Porsche will have a hardcore alternative Your choice MR.BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The car is not even on sale until April. So it is a bit premature to think you will get the CSL this early. It will be a concept first and then come under consideration for limited production. It is not happening tomorrow though.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 04:39 AM   #68
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris10Bimmers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
Hopefully you can option the csl with or without back seats. I need back seats for the babies! Hahaha..
Same I do hope it could seat 4 but looks like the Vision GT and has performance tweaks.
What would we like to see in a M2 CSL

400 bhp +
100kg + less weight
More downforce
Racing bucket seats
Harness option
Carbon brakes
Carbon roof
Carbon bonnet
Lighter wheel options
Cup 2 tyres
M mirrors
Bigger wing but better looking than GTS
Wider arches
Carbon front splitter
Different colour options
Ability to delete rear seats
Akrapovic exhaust
Adjustable suspension
Say £65000 basic price like GT4 say £75k for a decent spec
M decal option
Limited numbers
Delivery mid 2017
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2016, 04:50 AM   #69
MPoweRo
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 ZCP LCI2 M, G05 X5 40i

Yep perfect.

Plus no frowns when the service advisor realises you've been to the track.

M4 Times (PSC2): Sandown: 1.21.76 Winton:
1M Times (PSC2):
Phillip Island: 1.53.09 Sandown: 1.24.03 Calder Park: 1.07.31 Winton: 1.36.71
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 06:52 AM   #70
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
The car is not even on sale until April. So it is a bit premature to think you will get the CSL this early. It will be a concept first and then come under consideration for limited production. It is not happening tomorrow though.

As an E30 M3 owner, I watched and waited on the 1 series for an M model from 2007 until 2010, and it finally made it and I bought it !

This is my * first world * version of a hunger strike .... . :dance

Z4 owners saw the same thing happen as well I might add, as BMW AG took their sweet time on determining whether there was " demand " for such a vehicle :

Now, with a low mileage 1M in the garage, I can certainly do it again.. I've seen enough 235 racing mules with parts tacked on, And as far as I'm concerned the M2 safety car is yet another rolling M2 CSL/GTS test bed. Nice to see it sporting ceramic brakes !

Market case for a CSL?! Porsche Cayman GT4.
Done. !! If BMW AG hasn't * already * figured this out...??? Sorry I really can't imagine anyone being that clueless ....
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 02:50 PM   #71
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
As an E30 M3 owner, I watched and waited on the 1 series for an M model from 2007 until 2010, and it finally made it and I bought it !

This is my * first world * version of a hunger strike .... . :dance

Z4 owners saw the same thing happen as well I might add, as BMW AG took their sweet time on determining whether there was " demand " for such a vehicle :

Now, with a low mileage 1M in the garage, I can certainly do it again.. I've seen enough 235 racing mules with parts tacked on, And as far as I'm concerned the M2 safety car is yet another rolling M2 CSL/GTS test bed. Nice to see it sporting ceramic brakes !

Market case for a CSL?! Porsche Cayman GT4.
Done. !! If BMW AG hasn't * already * figured this out...??? Sorry I really can't imagine anyone being that clueless ....
How many do you think they will make...that's IF they make? If my small town dealership will get one I'm getting on the list now. Hopefully my M2 doesn't lose too much value between now (April 16th, lol) and then.

PS....please BMW...offer the option for back seats! Did the E46 M3 CSL have backseats?
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #72
silkman
Rep

Sounds pretty perfect to me. Keep it light and keep it involving !

You made no mention of whether you'd prefer it in manual or DCT ?

It'd be an absolute monster if it got the S55 motor. Hopefully it gets a Ti exhaust too but no hideous wing like the M4 GTS (I'd happily live with the wing from the 70's CSLs though). I'll take mine in Carbon Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
What would we like to see in a M2 CSL

400 bhp +
100kg + less weight
More downforce
Racing bucket seats
Harness option
Carbon brakes
Carbon roof
Carbon bonnet
Lighter wheel options
Cup 2 tyres
M mirrors
Bigger wing but better looking than GTS
Wider arches
Carbon front splitter
Different colour options
Ability to delete rear seats
Akrapovic exhaust
Adjustable suspension
Say £65000 basic price like GT4 say £75k for a decent spec
M decal option
Limited numbers
Delivery mid 2017
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 03:18 PM   #73
silkman
Rep

I'd be surprised if BMW brought more than 100 to the UK which could mean anywhere from 1000 to 1500 for the US at a guess.

Pretty sure the M3 CSL came with basic rear seats with no headrests but someone will be able to confirm that.

I did see one in 2004 while I was in Edinburgh. The sound of the exhaust at high revs and the look of the 2 hooligans in the car laughing at each other knowing they were in something damn special is something i vividly remember.

I asked my dealer if I could put down a deposit on one but they said it wasn't possible yet. I'd suggest registering your interest though. The more people that contact BMW, the more likelihood they sign it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
How many do you think they will make...that's IF they make? If my small town dealership will get one I'm getting on the list now. Hopefully my M2 doesn't lose too much value between now (April 16th, lol) and then.

PS....please BMW...offer the option for back seats! Did the E46 M3 CSL have backseats?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 04:18 PM   #74
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkman
I'd be surprised if BMW brought more than 100 to the UK which could mean anywhere from 1000 to 1500 for the US at a guess.

Pretty sure the M3 CSL came with basic rear seats with no headrests but someone will be able to confirm that.

I did see one in 2004 while I was in Edinburgh. The sound of the exhaust at high revs and the look of the 2 hooligans in the car laughing at each other knowing they were in something damn special is something i vividly remember.

I asked my dealer if I could put down a deposit on one but they said it wasn't possible yet. I'd suggest registering your interest though. The more people that contact BMW, the more likelihood they sign it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post

I'm already on a list at two dealers for a CSL
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 04:44 PM   #75
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Oh and please come in red. I'd trade red, orange or something vibrant over a frozen color for the CSL.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2016, 05:03 PM   #76
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
What if the M2 CSL is only sold with the DCT?Would you still buy it?The E46 M3 CSL was only available with the SMG,so BMW could do the same thing and only manufacture the car with the DCT.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 05:24 PM   #77
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket
Quote:
What if the M2 CSL is only sold with the DCT?Would you still buy it?The E46 M3 CSL was only available with the SMG,so BMW could do the same thing and only manufacture the car with the DCT.
Ugh ! Don't ruin my wet dream..

I would have to think long and hard about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #78
NiceGuyEddie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
If it makes production, do you expect that the CSL will be available in the US?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2016, 07:25 PM   #79
BMWPWR
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket
Quote:
I would assume this would be the case, just like the e92 m3 GTS and f82 m4 GTS.
Appreciate 0