BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C (or other M Car) Delivery Delays?

03-31-2020, 12:10 AM   #67
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroglava View Post
Hey, man how are things going on your front?
For a dealership with nothing going on in the midst of this CV thing, they're sure not very good at returning phone calls.
Well, be grateful at least you're in a state that's still allowed to sell automobiles; dealers in my neck of the woods can't because sales is considered a non-essential service, for the foreseeable future..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 07:56 AM   #68
2Ape2Escape
Registered
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C (pending delivery)

I ordered mine in mid Feb, haven't seen any delays so far. I just got an email from the dealership that the ship has arrived at port and that they're doing eSign/remote delivery so I'm assuming no delays. I'd love to be able to drive it while everything is closed, roads are empty.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 12:30 PM   #69
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

I engaged with the GM today. Things are pretty grim (but not quite for me).

My SA that was on quarantine? Is now on furlough/LOA. The GM said that he had to let over half the staff go, and the rest are working reduced schedules.

Not sounding good for Team BMW.

ANYhow-- the GM personally tracked my car and it hasn't been released from the port yet. He says transport is running, but it's sort of "messed up" at the moment and there are delays. It was a good call, and then he set me up with their Senior SA who called me shortly thereafter to introduce himself.

We are planning for an afternoon delivery on 6 April (no-contact, of course, and assuming no slippage in transport) and I will drop off the few small parts I want them to install before them (steering wheel surround & euro mirror glass). I reiterated NO drilling of the front bumper. He said he would leave the transit material on if I wanted, BUT then I'd be liable for any shipping damage-- he has to take it off to inspect the car upon delivery.

That was fair-- so, transport material comes off, but NO detailing or car wash. I'll bring the car home that evening, replace the reflectors with IND products, pull off the M2 logo on the side of the quarter panel (to be replaced with an IND one after PPF) and then bring it to the paint correction/PPF people.

So, overall it was a positive day. But I think BMW is *really* hurting.

R.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 12:35 PM   #70
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Q7 & 22 4XE

A friend of mine is co-owner of 10-12 dealerships (Ford, Hyundai, Cryco, Nissan, etc) and he laid off 93% of his staff across all locations.
      03-31-2020, 01:15 PM   #71
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
I engaged with the GM today. Things are pretty grim (but not quite for me).

My SA that was on quarantine? Is now on furlough/LOA. The GM said that he had to let over half the staff go, and the rest are working reduced schedules.

Not sounding good for Team BMW.

ANYhow-- the GM personally tracked my car and it hasn't been released from the port yet. He says transport is running, but it's sort of "messed up" at the moment and there are delays. It was a good call, and then he set me up with their Senior SA who called me shortly thereafter to introduce himself.

We are planning for an afternoon delivery on 6 April (no-contact, of course, and assuming no slippage in transport) and I will drop off the few small parts I want them to install before them (steering wheel surround & euro mirror glass). I reiterated NO drilling of the front bumper. He said he would leave the transit material on if I wanted, BUT then I'd be liable for any shipping damage-- he has to take it off to inspect the car upon delivery.

That was fair-- so, transport material comes off, but NO detailing or car wash. I'll bring the car home that evening, replace the reflectors with IND products, pull off the M2 logo on the side of the quarter panel (to be replaced with an IND one after PPF) and then bring it to the paint correction/PPF people.

R.
Much more than BMW is hurting right now.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 01:52 PM   #72
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Quote:

R.
Much more than BMW is hurting right now.
For real, I know four workaholics personally that was just laid off, some who hasn't took a vacation or day off in years, yet they are now out of a job.

This is interesting times and although, surprisingly, people are not panicking, I'm very anxious to see how it all turns out for folks financially, when the dust finally settles.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 03:19 PM   #73
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Poochie

Yah, I am not sure how all this 'essential business' stuff is determined officially?

I just received an email from the dealership where I bought my most recent Porsche and they indicated they are determined an 'essential business' and will remain open.

Of course, I do not want anyone losing their job and know the times in which we find ourselves is brutally difficult on so many Americans. I am all for anyone who can safely sustain business and employment. Hard to argue car service departments are not essential; not so much for car sales.

My impression is Americans are largely deciding what businesses are truly essential. On one obvious extreme, my local grocery store is busier than its ever been. . . as are the local liquor stores.

Conversely, I doubt much in the way of car sales going on and, even if not determined 'essential' by the powers that be, many dealerships cannot support sales staffing. So, even if not instructed to close doors to sales by government officials, I suspect many dealerships are forced to do so according to consumer demand, or lack thereof.

Big companies have resources and backing - you know, the 'too big to fail' concept. It is the small businesses that are going to suffer and take longest to re-establish once things get back to 'normal' . . . whatever the new normal is going to be.

Stay safe and we will all get through this together.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 06:28 AM   #74
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Poochie

Yah, I am not sure how all this 'essential business' stuff is determined officially?

I just received an email from the dealership where I bought my most recent Porsche and they indicated they are determined an 'essential business' and will remain open.

Of course, I do not want anyone losing their job and know the times in which we find ourselves is brutally difficult on so many Americans. I am all for anyone who can safely sustain business and employment. Hard to argue car service departments are not essential; not so much for car sales.

My impression is Americans are largely deciding what businesses are truly essential. On one obvious extreme, my local grocery store is busier than its ever been. . . as are the local liquor stores.

Conversely, I doubt much in the way of car sales going on and, even if not determined 'essential' by the powers that be, many dealerships cannot support sales staffing. So, even if not instructed to close doors to sales by government officials, I suspect many dealerships are forced to do so according to consumer demand, or lack thereof.

Big companies have resources and backing - you know, the 'too big to fail' concept. It is the small businesses that are going to suffer and take longest to re-establish once things get back to 'normal' . . . whatever the new normal is going to be.

Stay safe and we will all get through this together.

///AVM

It can be a subjective determination, like bicycles shops was considered non-essential but they appealed, claiming that people prefer to ride a bike, than risk taking public transportation and it was allowed. So I guess there are exceptions, as the guidelines are shades of grey and not black and white.

Essential businesses are like auto mechanics, which franchise dealership service department falls under, groceries stores, laundromat, and surprisingly, liquor stores, go figure.

However, all car sales section of the dealership is considered non-essential and are all closed for business.

I get that the mortality rates are rising and safety has to take priority over finance but I hope that the local government can eventually find some sort of reasonable balance and still allow residents to resume working, with caution because although health and well-being are importation, money makes the world go round and when you're broke, you can't even get on the bus.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 06:59 AM   #75
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I get that the mortality rates are rising and safety has to take priority over finance but I hope that the local government can eventually find some sort of reasonable balance and still allow residents to resume working, with caution because although health and well-being are importation, money makes the world go round and when you're broke, you can't even get on the bus.
Poochie

I hear you and agree to the nth degree . . .

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 01:43 PM   #76
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
and surprisingly, liquor stores, go figure.
C'mon Poochie, how hard is that to understand? Liquor is what is keeping us sane at home with our wives and kids!

I always have a keg on tap at home, so am covered, but soon, I'm gonna have to run some growlers out for friends nearby who are running out!
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      04-01-2020, 02:10 PM   #77
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Quote:
and surprisingly, liquor stores, go figure.
C'mon Poochie, how hard is that to understand? Liquor is what is keeping us sane at home with our wives and kids!

I always have a keg on tap at home, so am covered, but soon, I'm gonna have to run some growlers out for friends nearby who are running out!
I hear you on that one, my girlfriend drives me crazy!

If we were forced to be living and quarantine together, I would of lose my mind and actively run out there seeking the CoronaVirus, just so I could experience the relief of sweet death.

The only pussy I need is my cats and my "medical" marijuana, not much of a drinker.

Of 'Covidivorces' and 'Coronababies': Life During a Lockdown:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/w...tionships.html
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 10:52 PM   #78
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

So, um, yeah. They found my car.

I stopped by the dealer today to drop off a few parts and to pre-do some of the paperwork. The SA had called me and said that the car "might" be in today or tomorrow (Sat) as they were expecting a few trucks to come in.

Apparently, delivery from the port in SoCal to the dealer network has been sort of scrambled due to CV.

As I was waiting for the paperwork to get sorted, the finance guy came over and said "follow me". We went back to the shop, and there was my car, getting it's pre-delivery stuff done.

It was VERY dirty-- it had to drive through a snowstorm on the way here.

BUT, it's here. Yay!

The finance guy said to wait to finalize the paperwork as it's possible BMW might come out with something over the weekend. So, I'll wait a day.

They're not going to wash it-- just do a little bit of gentle pressure wash so I can see out of the windows, and they're going to leave the transport film on the hood, roof and trunk.

The tech said the pre-delivery checklist takes about 2.5-3 hours. When I told him I'd ordered the car in December, he said he'd figured that since they "hardly ever see a MT M2C that isn't a special order". Yay.

I also dropped off the MP CF steering wheel trim and the euro-spec aspheric side-view mirrors. They said they'd install them no problem (I was a little concerned about the mirrors as they're euro-spec and not DOT, but no worries.)

I'll pick up the car on Monday, do the reflector delete and a few other minor things on Tuesday, drop it off at the paint correction/PPF/ceramic guys on Wednesday (they said leave transport film on and do not wash!), and pick it up for real on Friday. Then, I'll work on it over the weekend (and probably paint the udder), and then do some Covid Drives to get to 1200 miles.

Yay, me. I ordered the car in December, so it's been a wait.

R.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
AlpsRider2865.00
MystroX56283.50
      04-03-2020, 11:06 PM   #79
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

That is dirty!
      04-04-2020, 11:40 AM   #80
Mavallone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328Xi, Tesla Model 3

Quote:

I stopped by the dealer today to drop off a few parts and to pre-do some of the paperwork. The SA had called me and said that the car "might" be in today or tomorrow (Sat) as they were expecting a few trucks to come in.

Apparently, delivery from the port in SoCal to the dealer network has been sort of scrambled due to CV.

As I was waiting for the paperwork to get sorted, the finance guy came over and said "follow me". We went back to the shop, and there was my car, getting it's pre-delivery stuff done.

BUT, it's here. Yay!

The finance guy said to wait to finalize the paperwork as it's possible BMW might come out with something over the weekend. So, I'll wait a day.

They're not going to wash it-- just do a little bit of gentle pressure wash so I can see out of the windows, and they're going to leave the transport film on the hood, roof and trunk.

The tech said the pre-delivery checklist takes about 2.5-3 hours. When I told him I'd ordered the car in December, he said he'd figured that since they "hardly ever see a MT M2C that isn't a special order". Yay.

I also dropped off the MP CF steering wheel trim and the euro-spec aspheric side-view mirrors. They said they'd install them no problem (I was a little concerned about the mirrors as they're euro-spec and not DOT, but no worries.)

I'll pick up the car on Monday, do the reflector delete and a few other minor things on Tuesday, drop it off at the paint correction/PPF/ceramic guys on Wednesday (they said leave transport film on and do not wash!), and pick it up for real on Friday. Then, I'll work on it over the weekend (and probably paint the udder), and then do some Covid Drives to get to 1200 miles.

R.
Well congrats that the wait is over for you. The factory shut down the week my car was to be produced! On the BMW tracker I went back to the beginning. Not sure if my car will be one of the first produced when things open up again? Or will things be scrambled and I will be in for more delays? Lots of questions, that no one knows the answers to. For know we have to live vicariously through guys like yourself - so please keep the content coming while the rest of us with cars in limbo wait on

As they say: First world problems.
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6741.00
      04-04-2020, 12:58 PM   #81
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Congrats FbJ!!! Wow, you got lucky there, but bloody hell, what kind of storm did your car go through?? Looks like rain, followed by ice, and then sand!

Congrats, you will be in heaven now!
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6741.00
      04-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #82
aeroglava
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, SOM, 6MT

Flybigjet, that's so awesome that you've got it there at least now! Wow it went through some kind of adventure for sure, but your PPF guy will get it all cleaned up and then it'll look great! I'm happy you're getting there. I was hesitant to mention with all you were going through (when ours were ordered right at the same time), but I got mine about a week ago and got PPF done, tint, and the Active Autowerke signature exhaust installed (that sounds amazing btw). Congrats man and I'm so happy for you. I've been DDing mine and it puts a smile on my face every time.
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6741.00
      04-04-2020, 08:31 PM   #83
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

So happy for you. It’s a crap shoot at my dealer as only parts/service is open. All of our great plans for a dealership cars and coffee was blown to hell. We were going to have some cool events for the area but it is what it is.
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6741.00
      04-06-2020, 08:02 AM   #84
M2Cmtl
Major
Rep

They just extended business closures to the 4th of May here. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if I get the car in June!
      04-06-2020, 08:45 AM   #85
EvilEmpirE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S4 Avant, Porsche 993, M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
So happy for you. It’s a crap shoot at my dealer as only parts/service is open. All of our great plans for a dealership cars and coffee was blown to hell. We were going to have some cool events for the area but it is what it is.
Which Dealer in central PA? We ordered/built an X3 M Competition from a PA dealer but everything is in Limbo now with the shutdowns.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 06:55 AM   #86
Jack yang
Private First Class
China
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:

BUT, it's here. Yay!

R.
Hi, is PA is full lockdown?
I am located in Norcal and sales department here is closed but I check online it said my car is in transit to the dealer. Are the dealers in your state are still operating?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 07:13 AM   #87
Jack yang
Private First Class
China
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:

BUT, it's here. Yay!

R.
Wait Sry are you in Colorado? So you talked to the GM and get permitted to pick up the car while sales closed?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 08:50 AM   #88
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack yang View Post
Hi, is PA is full lockdown?
I am located in Norcal and sales department here is closed but I check online it said my car is in transit to the dealer. Are the dealers in your state are still operating?
I'm in CO, so no clue about PA.
Appreciate 0