BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > winter blues

02-07-2020, 08:52 AM   #1
BlacMacJac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW '20 M2C

winter blues

can't catch a brake. want and need to wash my M2C, but every time to clears up and approaches a temp I can brave it, the forecast has more rain coming a day or so later. breaking out all the gear to do a proper washing just seems wasteful.

*pout*
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 05:19 PM   #2
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

I hear you.
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2020, 07:40 PM   #3
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacMacJac View Post
can't catch a brake. want and need to wash my M2C, but every time to clears up and approaches a temp I can brave it, the forecast has more rain coming a day or so later. breaking out all the gear to do a proper washing just seems wasteful.

*pout*
I go through the drive-thru wash in winter, because it washes underneath and gets the salt off. Thought I doubt it does a great job at it, it's all I got. Costs me $10+ more than when I go to the self-serve bays, but it's too cold for that. Yesterday I went to one though and washed out the engine bay along with washing the car.

The excuse I use is that it's better to get some dirt off than letting it pile up.

But it gets expensive at $16-18/wash at the drive-thru and I find myself washing it at least once a week, but sometimes twice.

Sometimes I just stay home to keep the car cleaner. Other times I can't resist and take it out in the rain/snow for some sliding around.

Can't wait until it's cheap enough for full carbon bodies on cars. haha. Then we don't have to worry about rust and chips anymore.
Appreciate 1