BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > DCT Paddle Swap Nightmare

04-01-2022, 01:50 PM   #1
rowzy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

DCT Paddle Swap Nightmare

Alright, basically i did a paddle upgrade on my DCT M2, at some point I went into the housing containing the spring and everything that makes the paddle work, and I BELIEVE (not 100% sure) that there's a little part that's supposed to be there and isn't (a bar that crosses it to hold things in place?). If that is supposed to be there, obviously I don't have it, so what would you guys do to attain that part? Is there any difference in a DCT housing vs any other automatic F chassis housing, meaning I could just buy one of those?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 02:01 PM   #2
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowzy View Post
Alright, basically i did a paddle upgrade on my DCT M2, at some point I went into the housing containing the spring and everything that makes the paddle work, and I BELIEVE (not 100% sure) that there's a little part that's supposed to be there and isn't (a bar that crosses it to hold things in place?). If that is supposed to be there, obviously I don't have it, so what would you guys do to attain that part? Is there any difference in a DCT housing vs any other automatic F chassis housing, meaning I could just buy one of those?
Ugh, sry to hear

Should actually be the same

That's why I use a strapped on headlight and take photos of everything first
      04-02-2022, 12:54 PM   #3
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowzy View Post
Don't know if you can buy any of the little parts inside the paddle housing, you might have to see if your dealer can hook you up. I changed mine to the MMP Performance paddles and they have a good video showing you how to do it.

I know you've just done it but this video might show the part you lost and maybe help you find it...it has to be in the footwell somewhere right or maybe under the seat/seat rail!

Anyway, hope the video helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9xJCs3Ib4&t=441s

Last edited by dtmurf; 04-02-2022 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
rowzy14.00