BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > My Brand New M2 Headaches (Follow Along)

06-26-2019, 04:34 PM   #67
speedsnice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

I am glad it’s working out and the dealer is doing the right thing. How did the tint job come out?
      06-26-2019, 10:29 PM   #68
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldrops View Post
Yeah there’s paint scraped off all over. Dealer is sending it to the highest class body shop in the area(I made sure of it) and the amp should be here in a week.

I got a quote from a local place that almost seemed too good to be true. This place in Simi Valley called S.W.A.T(SoCal Wrap and Tint).

Full custom frontal PPF, rockers, rear fender extension. Then he said they would do 4 coats of ceramic on the entire exterior(including on the PPF), and ceramic the interior. Finishing off by baking the entire thing in a UV oven.
...all for around 3500???

They are more of an industrial type place who does full vehicle advertisement wraps. He took the time to give me a tour and show me the UV oven, tools, etc... seemed legit

BONUS: As I went in I actually interrupted a meeting with them and the Mayor of Simi Valley. He took the time to stop the interview and show me around lol.
Hey it sounds like you're close to me. Dude go to to Sticker City in Van Nuys it's just off the 101. They will 100% fix this(they're not a paint shop but they are top ranked in PPF)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2019, 08:50 PM   #69
waldrops
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

UPDATE: Car dropped off for amp replacement and bumper repainting. ETA is 4 days and I have a dumpy loaner until then. Tint guy is acting shady so there is a good chance I'm gonna have to take him to court
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 03:17 PM   #70
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

So sorry this is happening to you man. I cant even imagine having this experience with my car when I first got it
      07-03-2019, 03:49 PM   #71
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

OP - I feel for you, hope it gets sorted...

Re hand cut comments. It works either way, hand cut badly or hand cut expertly.

Xpel etc only do computer-cut so they can dumb it down and sell it for a high cost per unit through more numerous un-skilled "detailing" outlets who just throw it on.

Lots in UK say they are only "licensed" to fit pre cut and not allowed to hand cut. I think they mean they can't hand cut.

£1500 for a precut front end? Having a laugh...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 06:51 PM   #72
WVUDrJay
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Had my tint done today. 15 percent all around. I warned the guy about the issue with the amp. He used as little water as possible. Still got the popping sound. He called my dealership and BMW service people. He was told to leave it outside to dry. Luckily it was hot today. When I arrived he told me what happened. Car was outside for several hours. When I started it there have been no issues I have found yet. Fingers crossed but it can't be a coincidence.