10-23-2016, 03:10 AM   #23
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i F31 M-Sport EB to MG F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
And this guy voted M2 as last/10th...

Thank you mr Taylor! You know exactly just as much about cars as a cow knows about a hot meal.

Cheers
Robin
Come on man, for all you know an M2 ran over his puppy, or he slipped getting into the car and the gearshift went up his butt or something.
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8717.00
      10-23-2016, 03:46 AM   #24
flyaway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: entry level M car,nothing more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovewagons View Post
Come on man, for all you know an M2 ran over his puppy, or he slipped getting into the car and the gearshift went up his butt or something.
He may be a little biased against BMW (loved your comment ), but having a quick look at that list of cars I think at least he had the honesty to be sincere. I guess the bloke that chose the M2 over the McLaren, the R, the 488 or even the GTS is ''the real thing'' for the BMW fan boys, god help us all...

And no, I did not searched the net for the picture of the man that had the guts to ''disvalue'' my car by expressing his opinion...

Last edited by flyaway; 10-23-2016 at 03:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #25
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
He may be a little biased against BMW (loved your comment ), but having a quick look at that list of cars I think at least he had the honesty to be sincere. I guess the bloke that chose the M2 over the McLaren, the R, the 488 or even the GTS is ''the real thing'' for the BMW fan boys, god help us all...

And no, I did not searched the net for the picture of the man that had the guts to ''disvalue'' my car by expressing his opinion...
I don't know. I mean is a gazillon dollar hyper car that 99% of owners won't or can't drive everyday a better car than one that is affordable and enjoyable every day of the week? It's a legitimate question and for my money, a car is a car, it's meant to be used and driven and enjoyed as much as possible, so I can totally see someone putting an M2 or Megane RS at the top of a list like this.
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8717.00
      10-24-2016, 07:45 AM   #26
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
So he would rather have an M3 because some people pay markup on the M2? Then at the back of the magazine M2 is rated 9/10 and the M3 is 8/10.
Reading comprehension?

He clearly said he'd prefer the M2 to have "bigger brakes, more poke and a more supportive driver’s seat"...hence the preference for M3 given the local pricing of the M2.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 07:49 AM   #27
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:

And I did!(with a few smileys did you see that?) Anyway, tell me something about your 1M/M2 you have. How you like it as a pro-driver mr know-it-all which you obviously are!

--->smiley.

[/sarcasm]

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #28
flyaway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: entry level M car,nothing more

Quote:
And I did!(with a few smileys did you see that?) Anyway, tell me something about your 1M/M2 you have. How you like it as a pro-driver mr know-it-all which you obviously are!

--->smiley.

[/sarcasm]

Cheers
Robin
Well... I do can tell you I like enjoying it in a good company, so as far as you're concerned this should be all for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovewagons View Post
I don't know. I mean is a gazillon dollar hyper car that 99% of owners won't or can't drive everyday a better car than one that is affordable and enjoyable every day of the week? It's a legitimate question and for my money, a car is a car, it's meant to be used and driven and enjoyed as much as possible, so I can totally see someone putting an M2 or Megane RS at the top of a list like this.
I wouldn't know, I guess the best car is the one you can afford, but saying the M2 is deffintely better then the ''unreachable'' others is easier when you're on ''our'' side in the real world. Or when you want to have a good audience/support/simply be interesting/naive . Personally I would love to have the ''bad luck'' to be so dissapointed by my new Mclaren, 488, GT3 or R etc. and go buy my self a M2 for that very reason Otherwise, I can easily understand buying one anyway, just for fun, and no matter what other car I might own, but that's not a reason good enough for it to be the better car.

Last edited by flyaway; 10-24-2016 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #29
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

M2 is certainly not better than M4GTS, 488, McLaren and 911R off course. But it surely doesn't come last/10th in that lineup. And that's what I was trying to state here. Why vote for a 4 cylinder terribly sounding Porker @5th place and vote M2 for last place is beyond me, that's all.

It off course is very subjective I know. Like, what's a real M car. 1M? M2?
They both don't have a proper 'S' engine. But are they real M cars?

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2016, 05:49 AM   #30
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
M2 is certainly not better than M4GTS, 488, McLaren and 911R off course. But it surely doesn't come last/10th in that lineup. And that's what I was trying to state here. Why vote for a 4 cylinder terribly sounding Porker @5th place and vote M2 for last place is beyond me, that's all.

It off course is very subjective I know. Like, what's a real M car. 1M? M2?
They both don't have a proper 'S' engine. But are they real M cars?

Cheers
Robin
That's an easy one. They are both M cars. X5/6M, F10 M5, they aren't M cars. Nothing based on an SUV can ever be an M car and the F10 is a German Hellcat with a luxurious interior. It's slower around the ring than the e60 M5 (real M car) despite having more power and torque. This is because M cars are all about the chassis. No chassis, no M car.

It doesn't matter if it's a relatively unmodified good chassis (1M with low, easily approached limits) or a highly modified fantastic chassis (M2, which feels like it will hug you and cuddle you and be your best friend past 10/10ths until you no doubt go backwards through a hedge, remarking to yourself about how you can actually feel the chassis tell you about the old age home you just crashed into). Even the ambivalently received F80/2, good chassis, poor engine, still M cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 05:56 AM   #31
ilovewagons
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't know, I guess the best car is the one you can afford, but saying the M2 is deffintely better then the ''unreachable'' others is easier when you're on ''our'' side in the real world.
But that's the world the writers and testers live in. None of them are going home to a 911R, or 675LT, so if it were me, that would factor into my ranking somewhere, so a car like the M2, Megane RS, GTI Clubsport, Focus RS, GT350, 1LE, etc. would be weighted for doing so well with less and for being things that people who love driving can actually get into and enjoy. So while they might not get no.1 they wouldn't be last.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2016, 11:38 AM   #32
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Comparing limited editions with normal versions? I don't get the point.
Alfa QV? Still waiting a proper track comparative with M3 competition.
On the other hand, M2 trashed his direct rivals (A45 & RS3) on track so I guess its value is not questionable anymore!
Finally it's a matter of money and taste, what a journalist expresses is just an opinion that should or should not be valid taking into account each others view on sport cars market
Appreciate 0