BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Feedback for BMW USA on the M2C

12-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #23
Threeebowel
Rep
Drives: Slo-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
It was their customer feedback team that works closely with their designers. They wanted feedback on my M2C. Since I'm always deployed and barely drive it FML, I couldn't say much more than get rid of that ridiculous cow udder. They gave me their information and asked me to provide more feedback once I get more time behind the wheel.

What would you guys/gals have said???
Setting to turn off auto rev match!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #24
somberlaine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebowel View Post
Quote:
It was their customer feedback team that works closely with their designers. They wanted feedback on my M2C. Since I'm always deployed and barely drive it FML, I couldn't say much more than get rid of that ridiculous cow udder. They gave me their information and asked me to provide more feedback once I get more time behind the wheel.

Setting to turn off auto rev match!
Not being able to turn off Rev match baffles me. My 2010 370z had it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 01:21 PM   #25
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
I imagine they put the phone down laughing hysterically at the idea. All that capability and you're worried about the shape of the rear muffler...
Quote:
My world doesn't revolve around nitpicking, but i would encourage things like

- In general, not providing routine options that cost no more to source/install but for which you charge extra. The world is too competitive now. Examples: bigger iDrive screens, big brakes.
- Clarity of purpose. Don't try to build a Mercedes Benz. That you're trying to is one of the reasons the dynamics gap is closing. Fit big brakes to every BMW, even the lower-order ones.
- Don't over-design. Even the F22/F30 generation had too many plastic curves and lines in it.
- Build cars that work for different markets. Keep more customers satisfied more of the time. There is still massive economy of scale; BMW Spartanburg alone builds three times the whole of Alfa Romeo's global output (only a fraction of which is the fabled Giulia, which like the 3er is also fading away...). Think how you could redirect that resource and effort to building local-market cars.

Otherwise

- The latest generation of run-flats are now at "acceptable" but a non-RFT option would be nice even if you're not a rock star internet celebrity with an M
- Bigger boot openings would be nice. I know they're small cars but E46 and F22 are both pretty tight.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #26
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

You guys do not realize that the folks calling or emailing you don't remotely care about what you think about the designs of BMW products you already purchased. They're merely inquiring about your overall satisfaction of the current vehicle and dealer purchase experience, in something they call a CSI: Customer Satisfaction Index.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/car-...n-power-27141/

https://blog.text2drive.com/why-csi-...-manufacturers

The decision on how BMW chooses to design and engineer their vehicles is determined by marketing research, economics and overall worldwide sales & demand.

But if it makes you feel better that your voice is being 'heard,' I'm sure the survey-taker will allot some time to listen to you bitch and moan before they call the next person on their list..

Just know that your suggestions are as good as screaming them to the skies..

Want a change? Then vote with your wallet
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2018, 01:52 PM   #27
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
You guys do not realize that the folks calling or emailing you don't remotely care about what you think about the designs of BMW products you already purchased. They're merely inquiring about your overall satisfaction of the current vehicle and dealer purchase experience, in something they call a CSI: Customer Service Index.

http://www.dealershipcsi.com/

The decision on how BMW chooses to design and engineer their vehicles is determined by marketing research, economics and overall worldwide sales & demand.

But if it makes you feel better that your voice is being 'heard,' I'm sure the survey-taker will allot some time to listen to you bitch and moan before they call the next person on their list..

idk i wouldn't be that pessimistic. When I worked in product development, those surveys were reviewed weekly and trends were shared with engineering teams.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 02:02 PM   #28
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshalygin View Post
Quote:
You guys do not realize that the folks calling or emailing you don't remotely care about what you think about the designs of BMW products you already purchased. They're merely inquiring about your overall satisfaction of the current vehicle and dealer purchase experience, in something they call a CSI: Customer Service Index.

http://www.dealershipcsi.com/

idk i wouldn't be that pessimistic. When I worked in product development, those surveys were reviewed weekly and trends were shared with engineering teams.
Pessimistic? You mean realistic..

If it makes you happy, you believe what you want, bro..

I didn't mean burst anyone's bubble but I live in the real world and factually know that the CSI surveys is in place for current purchases, not for manufacturer suggestions..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 04:26 PM   #29
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
You guys do not realize that the folks calling or emailing you don't remotely care about what you think about the designs of BMW products you already purchased. They're merely inquiring about your overall satisfaction of the current vehicle and dealer purchase experience, in something they call a CSI: Customer Satisfaction Index.

I just stated what they said. They introduced themselves as the customer feedback team that works closely with designers. They were asking me specifically what I would have changed in the car, what I liked, what I'd get rid of, what's missing, etc. in order to relay it to the designers.

Whether they'll actually use the feedback or not, only time will tell.
      12-16-2018, 04:37 PM   #30
aerokubectl
Major
Rep

Quote:

I didn't mean burst anyone's bubble but I live in the real world and factually know that the CSI surveys is in place for current purchases, not for manufacturer suggestions..
How do you think engineers find out the enhancements that customers are asking for? Marketing?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 05:48 PM   #31
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I just stated what they said. They introduced themselves as the customer feedback team that works closely with designers. They were asking me specifically what I would have changed in the car, what I liked, what I'd get rid of, what's missing, etc. in order to relay it to the designers.

Whether they'll actually use the feedback or not, only time will tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshalygin View Post
Quote:

How do you think engineers find out the enhancements that customers are asking for? Marketing?
I am not saying BMW does not sometimes utilize customer's feedback but they use impartial third-party research companies like JD Power, whom occasionally impanel owners in their own focus group, then forward the results to BMW to use as they choose to.

What I was trying to convey is that immediate call right after your purchase, is to inquire about your overall satisfaction, on a dealer sale level, not design feedback.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #32
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Those are good ideas. Im going to email them with those suggestions.
Yesss thank you! Hopefully they implement these in time for when I order my 2020 m2c
      12-16-2018, 06:31 PM   #33
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
My main comment was that I love the car but that I think it's a bit foolish that wanting a smaller car means having to also get lower-rent interior materials and losing access to useful stuff like the HUD. Frustrates me industry-wide.
YES 100% this. The interior, while not bad, isn't close to say, the M4 for example. Now, I know they have to sell the M4 as the more premium car of the two, but still...
      12-16-2018, 06:32 PM   #34
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
I couldn't say much more than get rid of that ridiculous cow udder.
Or BMW could walk the easy road: darken the muffler color. Small detail, small cost, better aesthetics.

Painted muffler of the M2C of cptobvious:

paliknight2191.50
      12-16-2018, 07:43 PM   #35
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Or BMW could walk the easy road: darken the muffler color. Small detail, small cost, better aesthetics.
Painted muffler of the M2C of cptobvious:
[PICTURE]
Nope. Muffler needs to go
      12-16-2018, 08:39 PM   #36
bplewis24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2 Comp; Tesla Model3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Hey guys,

Got a call on Friday from BMW USA asking for feedback on the M2C. Seems they are soliciting comments from owners. Don't know if it really will move the needle or not, but if you're an owner and they haven't contacted you yet, you might consider giving them a call to share your thoughts.

866-293-8455

They look you up in the system, verify you're an owner, then you can get up on your soapbox.

Here's what I told them:

* Put in a simple button that disables auto rev match on 6MT - most folks getting the 6MT want to heel and toe, and it should be a very simple / low cost software implementation

* Keep producing 6MT because it differentiates the brand as for classic driving enthusiasts

* Make more color choices available, especially individual

* Make all MP parts factory-installed options

* Paint the muffler matte black at the factory

Good luck, guys. Hopefully our community feedback will have some effect and move them in the direction we'd like!
Thanks for giving them some good feedback. I agree with all of these.
      12-16-2018, 09:30 PM   #37
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaing51 View Post
Nope. Muffler needs to go
Sadly, we can see the new M3 test mules still have a muffler can "udder" dangling low below...
dmboone254972.00
      12-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #38
Sideshow
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What I was trying to convey is that immediate call right after your purchase, is to inquire about your overall satisfaction, on a dealer sale level, not design feedback.
He said.....

Quote:
Why do you keep trying to fit that square peg into your round hole? Is it POSSIBLE that it's not the revered CSI you keep linking and posting about? Of course it is....maybe even probable.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 11:06 PM   #39
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
Quote:
He said.....

Quote:
Why do you keep trying to fit that square peg into your round hole? Is it POSSIBLE that it's not the revered CSI you keep linking and posting about? Of course it is....maybe even probable.
They continue..

CSI, BMW, Jesus.. Whoever called I don't care what you believe, I was just pointing out that BMW would not conduct such direct consumer feedback that early in your purchase or really even care what you have to bitch about.. There decisions are based on more than some dude's grievances. Give them a chance and everyone will have something to complain about and they know that..

If BMW actually listened to consumers and acted on it, there wouldn't be any more ASD, rev-matching would have an off switch, the S55 would sound better, etc..

If you feel that BMW is actually taking your suggestions as gospel, you shout it loud, don't worry me and my links.. Ignorance is bliss.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 12:20 AM   #40
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
If BMW actually listen to consumers and acted on it
We may reasonably assume that BMW is not unfamiliar with the Bimmerpost forums.

A screenshot of one of my M2 posts featured in a behind-the-scenes video of the original M2 introduction (official live launch) through Periscope (see here and here).
      12-17-2018, 06:04 AM   #41
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If BMW actually listen to consumers and acted on it

A screenshot of one of my M2 posts featured in a behind-the-scenes video of the original M2 introduction (official live launch) through Periscope (see here and here).
That's a really cool video and I understand why they used Instagram to get reveal and collect data for the original M2. It was an entry level car that cater to the younger crowd, who could possible afford it one. Just like Toyota FRS, Nissan Cube, Subaru STI, ect.

Ever since the 135i was released and was very popular with the 18 - 35 aged demographics, BMW knew there was an untapped market for a small, affordable cars with a decent motor. They continued that trend with the 235i and now the M2.

I am pretty sure they didn't need much data to know where their bread was buttered. They wouldn't of put the new 4, 5 or 7 series in an Instagram reveal because that wouldn't be prudent, as most their demographics don't even know what a Instagram or Snapchat is. So they shifted their marketing strategy to match.

I wasn't trying to play Devil's Advocate with the other poster; I just hate having wrong information and was sharing my knowledge of how BMW surveys function, based on my five other new lease and purchases, plus my own personal research. Something that I would of appreciate if I'm unsure about it.

When someone shares info on something I'm skeptical about, I don't rudely dismiss them, I do my own research to confirm it or eliminate their theory. With the advent of Google, it makes this a very simple task. If any of poster feel like I'm wrong about my claim, they can simple counter with actual facts and I pinky promise I will change my outlook and apologize.

After all, that's why most of us are here, to bounce accurate knowledge of each other and not be the Mecca of information.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 07:24 AM   #42
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
Quote:
He said.....

Quote:
I've purchased/leased 3 M cars this year alone. The F80s I received the usual customer satisfaction call for my new purchase, but the M2C call was different. It caught me by surprised because I've purchased many BMWs (most of which are brand new M cars) and never received a call from this department asking those specific questions I listed earlier.

Not taking sides, just providing impartial personal experience. Can't speak for anything else or how my feedback will be used.
      02-25-2019, 03:45 PM   #43
bplewis24
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2 Comp; Tesla Model3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Hey guys,

Got a call on Friday from BMW USA asking for feedback on the M2C. Seems they are soliciting comments from owners. Don't know if it really will move the needle or not, but if you're an owner and they haven't contacted you yet, you might consider giving them a call to share your thoughts.

866-293-8455

They look you up in the system, verify you're an owner, then you can get up on your soapbox.

Here's what I told them:

* Put in a simple button that disables auto rev match on 6MT - most folks getting the 6MT want to heel and toe, and it should be a very simple / low cost software implementation

* Make more color choices available, especially individual

* Paint the muffler matte black at the factory
Just got the call myself (I purchased 1/4/19). I listed the above items in my feedback in addition to wanting a CF Roof option and Android Auto.
      03-02-2019, 01:11 PM   #44
andrettifan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C; 2017 330i wagon

Quote:
Amen!

I earned a PhD in marketing, have taught it at the college level for over 30 years, and have done lots of consulting work in marketing, and I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT BMW IS NOT UNFAMILIAR WITH THE BIMMERPOST FORUMS.

So, keep posting what you like and dislike. They may or may not make the changes you want, but this isn't a bad or totally ineffective way to voice your wishes.

Before I go to sleep every night, I pray that damn auto rev matching function would go away. Other than that, I have loved every mile driven on my M2 and look forward to many more when my M2C arrives next month.