BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > THOR - GTS, CS, Comp. Flasher Android and iOS

11-18-2020, 02:52 PM   #221
THOR_Flasher
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
Rep

Drives: BMW M2 | M3 | M4 F8X

Hi Guys!

From November 23rd to November 30th we offer -35% discount on all our THOR licenses.

With the voucher code BlackFriday2020 you can already get our BlackFriday discount.

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 03:49 PM   #222
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

So what exactly are the differences between the steering and differential maps?

Don't care for DCT since I have a manual
Appreciate 2
gphung93.00

11-26-2020, 10:48 AM   #223
THOR_Flasher
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
So what exactly are the differences between the steering and differential maps?

Don't care for DCT since I have a manual
The steering maps give a better feeling on the road. Bumps and asphalt differences are more directly transmitted. The steering forces are also different.

In generally is the steering feel is generally improved in my opinion. Although everyone prefers something different here. I recommend to try GTS or Competition for a while to find your personal favorite.

The maps for the limited slip differential provide faster response to increase traction. So that more torque is transferred to the outer wheel in curves and the M2 drives a little sharper round the corner.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 10:49 AM   #224
THOR_Flasher
Austria
Rep

and we have received a lot of requests that the code "BLACKFRIDAY" is no longer valid. This was a pre-information for forum users - the discount will be automatically deducted in the store until Monday.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 11:38 AM   #225
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR_Flasher View Post
The steering maps give a better feeling on the road. Bumps and asphalt differences are more directly transmitted. The steering forces are also different.

In generally is the steering feel is generally improved in my opinion. Although everyone prefers something different here. I recommend to try GTS or Competition for a while to find your personal favorite.

The maps for the limited slip differential provide faster response to increase traction. So that more torque is transferred to the outer wheel in curves and the M2 drives a little sharper round the corner.
Thank you but I still find that description between stock, GTS, and Competition very vague for both steering and for differential. I assume there is no trial period offered?
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2020, 04:03 AM   #226
THOR_Flasher
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Thank you but I still find that description between stock, GTS, and Competition very vague for both steering and for differential. I assume there is no trial period offered?
Unfortunately, we do not have a trial mode, which would not be easy in terms of effort and feasibility.

Today is our last day of the BlackFriday deal. Maybe this is a chance to try it at 35% on the Dynamic Package.

Cheers
Chris
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 08:45 AM   #227
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR_Flasher View Post
Quote:
Unfortunately, we do not have a trial mode, which would not be easy in terms of effort and feasibility.

Today is our last day of the BlackFriday deal. Maybe this is a chance to try it at 35% on the Dynamic Package.

Cheers
Chris
Several well known ECU tuning companies offer 30 day refunds including the most popular ones. Don't see how it's hard at all

Nevertheless I'll pass since the description is just too vague for me to spend money on just "to try"
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #228
THOR_Flasher
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Several well known ECU tuning companies offer 30 day refunds including the most popular ones. Don't see how it's hard at all

Nevertheless I'll pass since the description is just too vague for me to spend money on just "to try"
With a do it yourself solution, this is unfortunately not so easy.

But no problem, I understand your point regarding the description. Here we are working on a new website.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 07:12 AM   #229
3t3p
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

@ThorFlasher was there an update to the app as my purchase has gone now and it says to enter my voucher code? I logged in with what I think I signed up with (may be wrong) and my prior purchase is not there?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #230
wavyyyy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Is this compatible with M2 Comp yet?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 09:17 PM   #231
ZM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

MidnightM2 mentioned the latest update fixed the crazy high default launch RPM setting.

THOR_Flasher For those of us that flashed earlier this year, does the update change any of the programming of the actual DCT flash/shifting or the Dynamics modes, and we should reflash?

Or, is the update more about app stability (and launch control fix)?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 09:44 PM   #232
PLF69
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

@THOR_Flasher

Do you plan to integrate the M2cs programming in your offerings ? Did you manage to get your hands on the coding yet ?
Daily: 2014 Q5 TDI
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 11:38 AM   #233
Oktom2
Enlisted Member
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 17 KIA Stinger GT, 17 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF69 View Post
@THOR_Flasher

Do you plan to integrate the M2cs programming in your offerings ? Did you manage to get your hands on the coding yet ?
That would be epic!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 11:58 AM   #234
PLF69
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktom2 View Post
That would be epic!
Honestly I would see no reason why not, if some DIY bmw dudes can extract the coding using bmw software and an old laptop..
Daily: 2014 Q5 TDI
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 04:50 PM   #235
3t3p
Captain
Rep

Hey Thor we were emailing and you were going to give me my account code again due to you changing servers? I gave you my VIN but haven't heard back.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 01:39 PM   #236
Stef
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2017

Proud owner of a BMW M2 N55 DCT 2017.

I would like my steering to feel heavier (to me, this means harder to turn, requiring more force).

Also, I would like the steering to feel more responsive. What this means to me: I want less turning of the steering wheel to generate the same amount of actuel change in direction of the car. No matter the speed, if possible.

I also would like less "dead zone" on the steering wheel: when driving in a staight line, I would like the slightest amount of steering wheel turn to generate a change of direction.

Oh, also, I would really like the Thor app not to mess with the sound of the car...I like my M2 with MPE as is sounds right now!

I mostly drive in Sport mode, sometimes in Sport plus, and rarely in Comfort (only during winter, on slippery roads). I do not care how the M2 behaves in Comfort mode...

Sorry if my descriptions of "what I want" with the steering is not clear, as french is my mother tongue.

Reading (and rereading) the Thor thread got me confused. There are many modes available, their names are confusing (at least to me), some of thosemodes have been updates, and people drive different M2s, some auto, some manual, some M2C, some not...also, people use different terms (sometimes those seem in contradiction with each others): significantly lighter than M2 OG, but weight builds up very quickly, heavier, the GTS steering is more solid, meatier, the steering wheel is lighting (that one most be a misspelling error?)...

I would certainly not ask such a question if there was a trial period...but I have never paid that much (400$CAN) for an iOS app...! and since this is all about personal feeling and perception, I am at the same time very interested and very hesitant.

What are the chances I get "what I want" (see above) if I purchase this app?

Last edited by Stef; 01-16-2021 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 02:50 PM   #237
ZM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I've been running their Competition (M2 Comp) MDM and Differential settings with Clubsport (GTS) steering, and Clubsport (GTS) for the DCT.

I’ve been enjoying it quite a bit on the street, and the steering has the heavier feeling you’re describing.

I’d probably flash back to Competition (M2 Comp) steering for the track so less force is required for finite steering adjustments at the limit.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 08:44 PM   #238
Fabre80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
I've been running their Competition (M2 Comp) MDM and Differential settings with Clubsport (GTS) steering, and Clubsport (GTS) for the DCT.

I've been enjoying it quite a bit on the street, and the steering has the heavier feeling you're describing.

I'd probably flash back to Competition (M2 Comp) steering for the track so less force is required for finite steering adjustments at the limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post

I've been enjoying it quite a bit on the street, and the steering has the heavier feeling you're describing.

I'd probably flash back to Competition (M2 Comp) steering for the track so less force is required for finite steering adjustments at the limit.
Just flashed the Thor on mine a few days ago did it with the Thor bungle went well the first time, I tried today to flash the GTS and it disconnected me in the middle of the flash. I had to turn the ignition off and setup the odb cable adapter instead to finish it.

The steering on the GTS is definitely heavier than oem and CS, also the shifts on the gts are aggressive also. I may flash it back to CS instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 09:40 AM   #239
DarthFader
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2, e82 135i, e88 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
Proud owner of a BMW M2 N55 DCT 2017.

I would like my steering to feel heavier (to me, this means harder to turn, requiring more force).

Also, I would like the steering to feel more responsive. What this means to me: I want less turning of the steering wheel to generate the same amount of actuel change in direction of the car. No matter the speed, if possible.

I also would like less "dead zone" on the steering wheel: when driving in a staight line, I would like the slightest amount of steering wheel turn to generate a change of direction.
I have the app and have experimented with the CS and GTS steering.
The GTS steering should satisfy what you're seeking.
I think you could definitely get what you looking for with the app.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 04:23 PM   #240
Stef
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2017

Thank you all!

I will most probably buy the full Thor package as soon as spring arrives and I get rid of those (ugly) winter tires.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 02:42 PM   #241
3t3p
Captain
Rep

Thor had e-mailed me a code and my license is restored. I didn't realise till just now when going through my e-mails.

Thanks

Still need to try 'CS' maps though love GTS steering. We shall see when it warms up a bit outside/lockdown eases.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #242
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabre80 View Post
also the shifts on the gts are aggressive also. I may flash it back to CS instead.
I don't think the CS DCT is the M2 CS DCT, if that's what you're looking for.

It is the M3/M4 CS DCT which will make the M2 OG display a C on the gauge, like the GTS of old.

Let me know what you find out.