BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Practical aero improvements for the track?

10-04-2023, 03:53 PM   #1
WheelmanDan63
Rep
Drives: BMW M2CS

Practical aero improvements for the track?

I purchased my M2CS, manual and CCBs, a little over a year ago and since then I've done over 10 track days at various tracks all around Europe with it. I've been having so much fun with this car that I'm starting to think about keeping it for the very long-term and thus what can be done to improve the aero, specifically its downforce. The lack of downforce is the only main set-back this car has, imo.
I've been looking at things like the vented side fenders, canards, and rear spoiler in an attempt to improve the aero and downforce on the car at higher speeds. But before I pull the trigger, I was wondering if anyone has knowledge or experience with this and can attest whether or not it actually makes any noticeable difference on the track or if you know of other/better modifications for improving downforce on the car.

Edit: All modifications will be done on replacement parts (for example: CF rear trunk lid for the rear spoiler) to protect the original parts of the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 05:26 PM   #2
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

I dig my wing. Honestly don't know how unsettled the front felt, but it felt pretty solid at Laguna Seca's front straight the last I took it.

Appreciate 0