01-03-2023, 12:27 PM   #45
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
I'm at 21.2k miles and have modded it a fair bit. Don't care for the next owner. I'm going to enjoy it. Why should I save the miles for the next owner?
Word. Same here, including the modding and tracking. The car was built for it, does it well, and puts a smile on my face like no prior car has, including far more powerful ones.

I also acknowledge that not everyone has this opportunity and the calculus is very subjective… I am grateful.
Appreciate 1
to_riffic3023.50
      01-03-2023, 04:37 PM   #46
m2ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Is it me or are prices dropping on these?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #47
eric giles
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ss View Post
Is it me or are prices dropping on these?
The market has softened for all cars, so yes...asking prices seem to be slightly down in comparison to a few months ago. However, I still know of a couple being sold very recently in the $94-96k range.

I am planning to list mine for sale soon, and when I bought it I planned to only keep it for a couple of years, enjoy it, and then move on to something else. What I have realized in these two years is that owning a relatively expensive, low production car just isn't for me...I worry way too much about something happening to it. Just my nature...I know others would just shrug off something happening, but I've never been that way about any of my cars...and it's much more so with the M2 CS.

Don't get me wrong...the car is just amazing. I've owned more BMW's that I can count and numerous M cars from a number of generations over the past two decades, and this one is pretty much at the pinnacle of them. I just can't let myself drive or enjoy it as much as I would like to.
      01-03-2023, 05:49 PM   #48
m2ss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric giles View Post
The market has softened for all cars, so yes...asking prices seem to be slightly down in comparison to a few months ago. However, I still know of a couple being sold very recently in the $94-96k range.
I was seeing those prices here (Canada) this summer, now $75-85k (USD equivalent).

https://www.autotrader.ca/cars/bmw/m...advancedSearch
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 06:12 PM   #49
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Quote:

I am planning to list mine for sale soon, and when I bought it I planned to only keep it for a couple of years, enjoy it, and then move on to something else. What I have realized in these two years is that owning a relatively expensive, low production car just isn't for me...I worry way too much about something happening to it. Just my nature...I know others would just shrug off something happening, but I've never been that way about any of my cars...and it's much more so with the M2 CS.

Don't get me wrong...the car is just amazing. I've owned more BMW's that I can count and numerous M cars from a number of generations over the past two decades, and this one is pretty much at the pinnacle of them. I just can't let myself drive or enjoy it as much as I would like to.
This is an interesting take. I love the driving dynamics of the car but also worry about keeping it 100% perfect. I drive it like I have ridden my motorcycles in the past. I drive to the good roads near me, enjoy it for an hour or two, then put it away.

Most would argue that it's just a car, perhaps they are correct.
      01-04-2023, 12:37 AM   #50
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
This is an interesting take. I love the driving dynamics of the car but also worry about keeping it 100% perfect. I drive it like I have ridden my motorcycles in the past. I drive to the good roads near me, enjoy it for an hour or two, then put it away.

Most would argue that it's just a car, perhaps they are correct.
I can see it going either way with these cars. My take is that the M2CS is a special car that mechanically contains fairly stock parts. These things can be returned to new and replaced relatively easily. It means every time I drive it I feel lucky and blessed and I focus on appreciating every mile. So far I’ve done 13,000 of them and it’s been a lifetime driving highlight. Often I’m out with my 18yo son in the car and I can see his appreciation for a vehicle like this grow every mile - half of it from him seeing the smile on my face.
Appreciate 4
F87EVO4033.00
M3R12168.50
mfarrzhp1491.00
      01-04-2023, 08:24 AM   #51
NYNick
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 74 tii 78 SC 20 M2CS

I'm lucky enough to own 4 cars that could be considered collector cars. I consider the M2 CS to be one of them.

I drive all of them somewhat carefully/sparingly. That's not to say I baby them, but I enjoy them separately in their own way. I try not to crash anything I drive...lol.

No one says you have to beat the tar out of all the cars you drive and certainly the CS should be driven as hard as you dare, but you can use your cars as hard as you wish and not be foolish.

I understand your stance if value is your utmost concern. For me, it's secondary.

What will you buy when you sell the CS?
Appreciate 2
2taCoS279.00
      01-04-2023, 10:02 AM   #52
eric giles
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNick View Post
What will you buy when you sell the CS?
Unfortunately, probably a new roof for my house lol.

Car wise, I am set. I usually do at least one project car/rebuild each year and for 2022, it wound up being an E46 M3. Found an example that needed a little exterior work, wound up doing a full glass out respray of the car...then converted it from SMG to manual, refreshed suspension, etc. An E46 was my first new BMW I ever bought, and I've always preferred them over the years. I also have a restored '87 325is that I will likely keep forever if possible.

I've had up to 11 BMW's at one time, and I've been working on bringing that down to a number that I can realistically drive, maintain, and keep in my garage or shop parking.
      01-04-2023, 10:57 AM   #53
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Car wise, I am set. I usually do at least one project car/rebuild each year and for 2022, it wound up being an E46 M3. Found an example that needed a little exterior work, wound up doing a full glass out respray of the car...then converted it from SMG to manual, refreshed suspension, etc. An E46 was my first new BMW I ever bought, and I've always preferred them over the years. I also have a restored '87 325is that I will likely keep forever if possible.

I've had up to 11 BMW's at one time, and I've been working on bringing that down to a number that I can realistically drive, maintain, and keep in my garage or shop parking.
Breathing life back into a classic sounds amazing. I might eventually find a clean high mile E92 and do a stroker motor. Of course address the brakes, suspension, and wheels. I plan on doing this with my son and ultimately give it to him down the road. Of course eventually everything will go to him when I am gone...
      01-04-2023, 11:58 AM   #54
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:

I did that with my E46. Not the whole glass out restore but modded like crazy. Will go up on BaT soon though…

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 01:19 PM   #55
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Non GT Porsche’s are pretty boring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ss View Post
And here I thought I was the only one who felt this way...
I have driven many NON-GT Porsches and 1000% agree with you both. Clinical and not fun in the way I want to have fun
      01-04-2023, 01:24 PM   #56
m2ss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Clinical and not fun in the way I want to have fun
It's a testament to their engineering acumen...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 05:14 PM   #57
E46M3forRay
Güdentyte
Rep
Drives: GT3 & 1M

Garage List
2023 Model 3  [6.50]
2022 T4R TRD Pro  [5.00]
2011 1M  [6.67]
2014 991.1 GT3  [10.00]
Quote:
Not afraid of them delaminating?
BayOptiks is using a different lens. Someone already removed their PPF 3x and no signs of delaminating. OEM seems thin and a bit fragile which is quite unfortunate.
Attached Images

SOLD - MB M2 CS | SMB F80 M3 CS | E90 M3 | E90 335i | E46 M3 Vert | E39 M5 | E34 525i
Appreciate 1
to_riffic3023.50
      01-05-2023, 04:27 AM   #58
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

I’ve considered selling my fun cars to be the hardest thing for me to do. I had a corvette for 10 years that I always tinkered with, changing or updating something every year to keep it feeling fresh and new, to me. It worked for almost a decade and I sold it when the market was doing fairly well for C6 Z06’s and got decent money for a well maintained and highly modified car. I immediately fell into a depression/funk being without the feeling of a hobby/fun car that had been such a big part of my life for so long. I was dead-set on a p-car for my next purchase and was convinced I could continue to tinker a little here and there and keep it feeling new to me and still, BARELY, house my wife and 2 car seats for my girls who always loved to go riding but had to take turns in the corvette.

When the M2 CS came out, I was always looking at Supras and had taken a look at the M2C, OG M2, Merc AMGs, Audi RS models and other cars that were special in their class/make, but none of them WOWed me like the M2 CS did. I looked for an allocation and was convinced that I’d never find one after they all sold out, but fell into an opportunity to buy a single-owner 800 mile example in the exact make-up I would have considered ordering and immediately jumped on it. I’ve loved the car ever since and always consider selling it as I’m moving some investments around and working on an addition project for the house but am VERY scared I’ll miss this car forever and can’t imagine that anything other than a Porsche GT car will feel so special and engaging. Since I can’t spend the money it will take to get a new or desired example, I know I’d have to wait and not sure if I could stand waiting a few years and have no idea where the car market will be as things inflate, move to hybrid/electric, etc. For now, the M2 CS comes up on the sale block every time there is a big money idea/investment as a trade-off, but I never can convince myself I’ll be happy without it.
      01-05-2023, 05:20 AM   #59
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M3forRay View Post
Got my headlights refurbed and blacked out. Picking em up tomorrow and going straight for a PPF. Hated all the silver and chrome stuff and it was due anyway as It was all cracked and pitted from track and road debris
What on earth happened to your headlights?

There is only one and it looks like a weird pimple.

Maybe someone stole half of if. For reference here’s what they normally look like.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
jefe2000739.50
MomoM3987.00
      01-05-2023, 07:08 PM   #60
aroundelway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
I have driven many NON-GT Porsches and 1000% agree with you both. Clinical and not fun in the way I want to have fun
Nah that’s crazy talk. I’ve had plenty of 911s, turbos mostly and they are fantastic cars. Hell even the base 911 is objectively a better performance car than my cs, it just doesn’t tick the other boxes I want ticked.

Hell I have a station wagon that makes my cs feel slow and sluggish but that does not mean that I don’t enjoy the bmw more.

People get hung up on brands for various reasons. Enthusiasts appreciate all cars for what they bring to the table and appreciate the differences.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      01-06-2023, 03:48 AM   #61
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundelway View Post
Nah that’s crazy talk. I’ve had plenty of 911s, turbos mostly and they are fantastic cars. Hell even the base 911 is objectively a better performance car than my cs,
What is the definition of a performance car? Is it about getting from a) to b) faster? What does this mean in 2023 now that just about everything is stupidly faster than makes any sense? Is this relevant anywhere outside a race track? And even then, is that what makes one car “objectively“ better than another? It’s a fascinating topic. Discuss.
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2023, 10:46 AM   #62
NYNick
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 74 tii 78 SC 20 M2CS

Quote:
Nah that’s crazy talk. I’ve had plenty of 911s, turbos mostly and they are fantastic cars. Hell even the base 911 is objectively a better performance car than my cs, it just doesn’t tick the other boxes I want ticked.

Hell I have a station wagon that makes my cs feel slow and sluggish but that does not mean that I don’t enjoy the bmw more.

People get hung up on brands for various reasons. Enthusiasts appreciate all cars for what they bring to the table and appreciate the differences.
Sluggish? Jesus Christ what are you driving?
Appreciate 2
ashmostro1254.00
      01-06-2023, 07:02 PM   #63
aroundelway
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Sluggish? Jesus Christ what are you driving?
It's my wifes. She is European and hates SUVs. The non-AMG was fine but a bit boring. 603hp AWD with the ability to make it fully RWD. Just more power everywhere than the CS, obviously not intended for the same purposes.

It is a just a normal wagon and blends in quite well until you put it in race mode.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      01-06-2023, 08:02 PM   #64
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's my wifes. She is European and hates SUVs. The non-AMG was fine but a bit boring. 603hp AWD with the ability to make it fully RWD. Just more power everywhere than the CS, obviously not intended for the same purposes.

It is a just a normal wagon and blends in quite well until you put it in race mode.
The plate frame is awesome...
      01-06-2023, 10:27 PM   #65
Champ of America
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2CS, Jaguar F Pace SVR

Quote:

Not to derail this thread, but as a wagon lover, that E63s is the best thing going! When you said it made the CS feel sluggish I was hoping this would be the car you were talking about!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2023, 10:36 PM   #66
Champ of America
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2CS, Jaguar F Pace SVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPECABL View Post
I’ve considered selling my fun cars to be the hardest thing for me to do. I had a corvette for 10 years that I always tinkered with, changing or updating something every year to keep it feeling fresh and new, to me. It worked for almost a decade and I sold it when the market was doing fairly well for C6 Z06’s and got decent money for a well maintained and highly modified car. I immediately fell into a depression/funk being without the feeling of a hobby/fun car that had been such a big part of my life for so long. I was dead-set on a p-car for my next purchase and was convinced I could continue to tinker a little here and there and keep it feeling new to me and still, BARELY, house my wife and 2 car seats for my girls who always loved to go riding but had to take turns in the corvette.

When the M2 CS came out, I was always looking at Supras and had taken a look at the M2C, OG M2, Merc AMGs, Audi RS models and other cars that were special in their class/make, but none of them WOWed me like the M2 CS did. I looked for an allocation and was convinced that I’d never find one after they all sold out, but fell into an opportunity to buy a single-owner 800 mile example in the exact make-up I would have considered ordering and immediately jumped on it. I’ve loved the car ever since and always consider selling it as I’m moving some investments around and working on an addition project for the house but am VERY scared I’ll miss this car forever and can’t imagine that anything other than a Porsche GT car will feel so special and engaging. Since I can’t spend the money it will take to get a new or desired example, I know I’d have to wait and not sure if I could stand waiting a few years and have no idea where the car market will be as things inflate, move to hybrid/electric, etc. For now, the M2 CS comes up on the sale block every time there is a big money idea/investment as a trade-off, but I never can convince myself I’ll be happy without it.
Same boat, only thing I think replaces the CS in terms of the combination of driving experience and feeling special is a Porsche GT car. Unless you want to get into crazy exotics that cost 3-4 times as much. And even then, I test drove a Huracan a couple of years ago, and found it underwhelming. When you get into the delta between driving experience, specialness, cost and reliability, the CS and GT cars are in a league of their own (assuming that you get them at MSRP).
Appreciate 1