Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldorian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
I love them. They are as important to add for US owners as the orange horror lights are to remove.

Not quite as flamboyant as the chrome numbers fitted to the old CSL but a nice homage in keeping with the car's appearance. And yes, as pgtlw mentioned, they make the car look much lower. Bonus points for not stuffing up the magnificent handling.

Also. Wow. That 3.0CSL. What a car. Surely one of the most beautiful vehicles ever made.

The CS not a bad looker either though.
Do you happen to know the part number for the wheel arches for us US folks?
Is it this?

https://ind-distribution.com/product...-arch-trim-set
Looks right.

$412 for a part set some are binning on delivery
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 04:07 PM   #46
jdl8r
Private
Rep
Drives: m2cs

Finally found the time (and a great suspension person) to do the HAS install for my CS. I opted for the BMW version over the KW (nearly identical system) as I read the spring rates were a bit softer for the BMW kit. Verdict after about 300 miles... Great.

The short version: Outside of looking just a touch lower, it rides and handles almost exactly the same. I played with all the settings, comfort/sport/sport+ steering and coilovers.

Longer version: the suspension is both softer and stiffer at the same time. The dual coils, do their job perfectly and smooth out road imperfections, while offer stiffer handling when pushing the car. If you're considering it, you'll probably want to pick up some camber plates as there isn't any adjustment at all and the car needs it. Mine are already on order. With the corner balance, you can see the car is a bit on the heavy side. Those Iron rotors and adjustable dampers do come at a cost. Anyone wanna sell me their carbon ceramics on a trade? I didn't lower my car too much, just to keep the front splitter from getting torn up on the pot holes here in socal. 1.5 fingers width in front above the wheel, 2 fingers width in the rear.

Worth the money and time.

Knowing how smooth the ride is, I'd totally consider the KW's and saving $600.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 04:28 PM   #47
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl8r View Post
Finally found the time (and a great suspension person) to do the HAS install for my CS. I opted for the BMW version over the KW (nearly identical system) as I read the spring rates were a bit softer for the BMW kit. Verdict after about 300 miles... Great.

The short version: Outside of looking just a touch lower, it rides and handles almost exactly the same. I played with all the settings, comfort/sport/sport+ steering and coilovers.

Longer version: the suspension is both softer and stiffer at the same time. The dual coils, do their job perfectly and smooth out road imperfections, while offer stiffer handling when pushing the car. If you're considering it, you'll probably want to pick up some camber plates as there isn't any adjustment at all and the car needs it. Mine are already on order. With the corner balance, you can see the car is a bit on the heavy side. Those Iron rotors and adjustable dampers do come at a cost. Anyone wanna sell me their carbon ceramics on a trade? I didn't lower my car too much, just to keep the front splitter from getting torn up on the pot holes here in socal. 1.5 fingers width in front above the wheel, 2 fingers width in the rear.

Awesome. Thank you so much for the write up. Looking for a good suspension person in SoCal too. You mind referring? If not here, send me a PM. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 11:19 AM   #48
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Popping this back up. Anyone try anything other brands? Anyone else have any other M2 CS setups?
      09-11-2023, 11:29 AM   #49
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl8r View Post

You aren't kidding about the weight of the rotors. 30lbs doesn't really sound like a lot until you pick one up. I had two show up in the same box. I felt sorry for the DHL driver. And myself after i took the package from him. Some days I regret not speccing the CCB. I didn't want the replacement cost. However, I think they can be tracked with the right cooling mods and be cost compatible with iron rotors.
      09-12-2023, 07:22 AM   #50
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2CS

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Anyone have experience with switching the monoballs in the front lower control arms? I'm really interested in that and possibly in the future doing evolve Bilstein b6 dampers with mss springs
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 08:15 AM   #51
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevils7 View Post
Anyone have experience with switching the monoballs in the front lower control arms? I'm really interested in that and possibly in the future doing evolve Bilstein b6 dampers with mss springs
I think the lower already has mono balls.
      09-12-2023, 08:25 AM   #52
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I think the lower already has mono balls.
Yeah it has rubber ones lol I should've clarified. Meant replacing the original rubber bushings with aluminum ones such as dinan, Turner, etc

https://www.dinancars.com/products/s...arts/D280-0030
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 08:34 AM   #53
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I see now. I am adding solid to my front tension arms and adding adjustable front lower arms. The solid bushings on the tension arms are supposed to really minimize the front end squirm under hard breaking. I experience it on track and don't like it.
      09-12-2023, 05:06 PM   #54
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Quote:
I see now. I am adding solid to my front tension arms and adding adjustable front lower arms. The solid bushings on the tension arms are supposed to really minimize the front end squirm under hard breaking. I experience it on track and don't like it.
Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to fix too the squirm on hard braking. And I think it's supposed to help a little with steering deflection on hard uneven bumps and surfaces too
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2023, 09:13 PM   #55
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

If anyone is interested in the TracTive DDC coilover setup that integrates directly into factory EDC plug and play, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. I've been running this system for a season, and now that I'm selling my M2cs for an M4cs i will be moving the kit over to that car.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 09:17 PM   #56
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
If anyone is interested in the TracTive DDC coilover setup that integrates directly into factory EDC plug and play, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. I've been running this system for a season, and now that I'm selling my M2cs for an M4cs i will be moving the kit over to that car.
Consensus seems to be that you have to give up EDC for a set of coilovers to run quick consistent lap times. I refuse to give up EDC as I believe it's possible to create a capable EDC solution. And survey says....
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 09:55 PM   #57
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Consensus seems to be that you have to give up EDC for a set of coilovers to run quick consistent lap times. I refuse to give up EDC as I believe it's possible to create a capable EDC solution. And survey says....

;-)
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2023, 10:01 PM   #58
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Damn, what tires are you running? Are you using the tractive controller or factory suspension logic? Would you mind sharing your spring rates? Tractive is on my list as a suspension solution. How are the road manners with your setup? I DD mine and take a few 3-4hr trips. I don't mind a firm suspension, but hoping EDC comfort takes a bit of the edge off.
      09-21-2023, 10:27 PM   #59
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevils7 View Post
Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to fix too the squirm on hard braking. And I think it's supposed to help a little with steering deflection on hard uneven bumps and surfaces too
Btw I'm running spl everything. All the arms and bushings. Huuuuuge difference, and no less comfortable than stock rubber in my experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 10:31 PM   #60
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn, what tires are you running? Are you using the tractive controller or factory suspension logic? Would you mind sharing your spring rates? Tractive is on my list as a suspension solution. How are the road manners with your setup? I DD mine and take a few 3-4hr trips. I don't mind a firm suspension, but hoping EDC comfort takes a bit of the edge off.
Falken rt660s. More of a qualifier tire than an endurance one. My first lap is always my fastest.

Using the factory edc controller.

Don't know the spring rates as I bought the touring kit.

Road manners are interesting. Stiffer than stock while also more compliant over hard ruts.
I think the spring rates are better tuned for the longer wheelbase f80/2 chassis, as I have some front to rear pogoing sometimes.

Difference between comfort and sport plus seems less than OEM.
Appreciate 1