11-01-2023, 09:20 PM   #1
look585
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
SSK and CDV Mod

Love. love this AS SSK. I mean wow what great interface now between my car and I..

Had another well known brand in my other M2 2017. No comparison.

Also, removed that little restrictor out of the cluch slave.

I love it.
Appreciate 3
chris7197334.00
JPMD171.00
      11-02-2023, 06:32 PM   #2
maxcbrdriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 535xiT; 2021 BMW M2C

Congrats on the upgrade. What settings did you go with? Not that any config is bad, the superior build quality alone brings benefits.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 12:01 PM   #3
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

It really did eliminate my major complaint about the 6MT. It felt cheap prior to the SSK.
      11-04-2023, 10:57 AM   #4
look585
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcbrdriver View Post
Congrats on the upgrade. What settings did you go with? Not that any config is bad, the superior build quality alone brings benefits.
F series basic information

Here is the basic information on F series Ultra Shifter without Arm- Prices are in blue bold but also configurations. This should give you enough info to start a conversation. Your answers to the questions in blue would help me in making a recommendation or that you can use to place an order. My reco will be based on your responses.

The shifter :We build an Ultra kit for all F series. But it is very different than a traditional kit. Basically this is an integrated unit that is designed to be installed in its entirety and replaces the whole mechanism, Lever, selector rod, front coupler and carrier arm bushings. We do not sell shifter parts piecemeal because first we do not believe is selling a part then have you upgrade it with another part because the first part fell short of your expectations. Second, by building the complete mechanism we are able to hand fit the parts together resulting in an even tighter and more precise fit. What we are after is not short throw (although that is available in reduction ratios ranging from 7 to 32%) but rather the feeling of precision and repeatability. Our shifter will feel very mechanical yet silent and you will be able to shift using muscle memory. Here is a picture of the shifter. it is priced at $499 regardless of ratio and shifter height. Note the absence of pivot ball and the thicker inner lever. This unusual setup makes for a much more precise shifter than even our standard e46 M3 Ultra kit and an even smoother action at any given reduction ratio. Because these shifters are hand assembled and fitted, we are unable to keep them in stock and sell them according to a waiting list.

Bushings: Optionally you can also replace the OEM bushings for the shift carrier that are supplied with the kit with our urethane bronze front bushing set. Those would enhance the precision of the pattern further without significantly increasing the noise level. those are priced $59 for the pair when bought at the same time as the shifter and $80 when done so separately. Depending on your application this can be a worthwhile option . These add stability to the shift platform and firms up the pattern even more. It is an incremental feel rather than the big jump in precision offered by the shifter and is worth it if you value the repeatability of the pattern above all other characteristics. And a must if you plan to track the car. This is available in three grades and the intermediate one is depicted in orange in the attached pic. They replace #2 in the exploded view diagram

Reduction ratio: As far as reduction ratio is concerned. Basically you have the choice of an infinite amount of ratios but this boils down to three concepts. Low reduction, Mid reduction and high reduction. There is no difference in precision or repeatability of the pattern regardless of the reduction level. The only trade off is reduced travel for additional shifting effort. If you want to shore up the feel in your shifter and get a gated feel with extreme precision and no slop and want as little additional effort as possible then choose low reduction. Mid reduction adds a little effort and reduces the throw. High reduction takes it a step further in that direction. Even our high reduction will not be objectionable effort wise and our low reduction very very close to stock effort. that is because the mechanism is much more efficient at transmitting force than the stock setup. I personally do not like the high reduction shifter because I like to be able to shift with a couple of fingers and I get flustered when driving fast so I like to have a relatively open pattern. If I were cool and composed on the track and did not have to deal with stop and go traffic I would probably go to a 30-35 percent shifter. Conversely, If i was stuck in traffic all the time I would probably go to a 10 or 15% shifter. And because these shifters are semi custom builds nothing stops you for choosing a ratio that is the best compromise for your typical use say 17% or 18% or 27% .

Height and Knob: Height of the shifter lever is a personal choice and has to do with the angle of your forearm. And folks preference as to height seems to change with the times. 2 years ago 13mm taller was very popular with the idea that it would compensate for the identical drop in height when a ZHP or similar knob is used. Last year folks liked the 6mm taller as it would kinda split the difference between the ZHP and stock knob. For the past 4 months I have been only selling stock height with one exception. A 4mm talller knob. Why 4 and not 6 is beyond me but the custom height was at no cost and I obliged. My preference matters little in this regards and all the above mentioned configurations are rooted in sound logic.

If you are using one of the shorter knobs (ZHP , F10M5) We can certainly build the shifter 13 mm taller so that the resulting height is stock .However keep in mind that should you ever want to revert to the stock knob then the shifter will present taller than it is right now and getting it back to stock height would require you to send us the shift lever so that we can modify it. Personally unless the stock height is problematic, I would limit the increase in height to what is needed to more or less compensate for the F10 or leave as is. Also we can build the shifter shorter than stock if you want a lower height and still retain the stock knob. I most cases however, stock height works well so if it is not broke don't fix it. Our shifter will accommodate any BMW knob .

My specs: The type of car and desired specs: f8xM 25% @ OEM Height. OEM Height +0 ; 80a bushing intermediate.

What I love about Ronald at AS he taylors the shifter to your desires.
Appreciate 0