BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Glad the CS didn't come with keyless entry

10-27-2023, 03:04 PM   #23
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
No way to properly do so. Telling you, you got keyless entry, park on the street, it’ll get stolen. That’s why a lot of Land Rovers are so expensive to insure out there, among many others. Their housing just isn’t like the US. You could have a house in Hampstead for 3mil and you might still end up having to park along the street.
Then don't buy the car. It's still a choice.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 03:20 PM   #24
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Then don't buy the car. It's still a choice.
didn't get the point, but okay

Appreciate 1
      10-27-2023, 04:15 PM   #25
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
didn't get the point, but okay
Yeah, I guess I'm missing it. If it's that much of a problem to afford a place with a garage to park your super nice car (in order to keep it from becoming a statistic), then don't buy the car.

I can think of a myriad of ways that my car wouldn't be stolen if I lived in such a place. It wouldn't even be a challenge, honestly. Faraday pouch + kill switch + removable steering wheel + flood light/dog recording. The car would sit there forever. Hell, I could do that in an afternoon. Lazy, uninformed people get their cars stolen IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 04:34 PM   #26
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Yeah, I guess I'm missing it. If it's that much of a problem to afford a place with a garage to park your super nice car (in order to keep it from becoming a statistic), then don't buy the car.

I can think of a myriad of ways that my car wouldn't be stolen if I lived in such a place. It wouldn't even be a challenge, honestly. Faraday pouch + kill switch + removable steering wheel + flood light/dog recording. The car would sit there forever. Hell, I could do that in an afternoon. Lazy, uninformed people get their cars stolen IMO.
European homes do not have the same footprint we have in the states. A garage is rare. A driveway, a godsend. Like I said, you could spend 7 figures and still end up having to park on the street.

Appreciate 1
///MPhatic13862.50
      10-27-2023, 04:38 PM   #27
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Quote:
European homes do not have the same footprint we have in the states. A garage is rare. A driveway, a godsend. Like I said, you could spend 7 figures and still end up having to park on the street.
For sure, and I'm sure they're used to it over there, as foreign as it may seem to us over here. But knowing that, and the possibility of theft, it's still just stupid to not take measures to keep your vehicle from being stolen IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2023, 08:35 AM   #28
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2CS

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Speaking of stolen cars, the m3 I just bought came with a GPS installed. The dealer told me they install it on every car now free of charge because they had 8-10 stolen in the last couple months. This is in Seattle. It's $1k to activate a lifetime subscription where you can get notification pings if a car leaves a certain radius. Can Killswitch it from your phone. And they offer a recovery match for the value of the car if it's not found.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
to_riffic3023.50
      10-28-2023, 09:04 PM   #29
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
For sure, and I'm sure they're used to it over there, as foreign as it may seem to us over here. But knowing that, and the possibility of theft, it's still just stupid to not take measures to keep your vehicle from being stolen IMO.
Please name a few measures you would take when there's no PRIVATE parking space available for the full length of a street accommodating 50 houses on either side of the road?

Quote:
Many houses in UK, and I'm sure in Europe as well, are older than America is.

They had horses back then which would have been tied to the pole at the front of the house next to the drinking trough. There were no parking spaces for cars because cars didn't exist 250 or 300 years ago
Attached Images

10-30-2023, 02:19 PM   #30
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevils7 View Post
Speaking of stolen cars, the m3 I just bought came with a GPS installed. The dealer told me they install it on every car now free of charge because they had 8-10 stolen in the last couple months. This is in Seattle. It's $1k to activate a lifetime subscription where you can get notification pings if a car leaves a certain radius. Can Killswitch it from your phone. And they offer a recovery match for the value of the car if it's not found.
What's the point though? If someone steals it, I want it to disappear, never be found, and get the full market value paid out from insurance. What I really don't want is the car recovered with "minor" damage.
Appreciate 2
M3R12168.50