BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Production started ahead of expected date?!

01-24-2017, 09:29 AM   #1
BesToss
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235xi

Production started ahead of expected date?!

Hi all, long-time lurker here! I just wanna share the great news with u guys. So this morning I just got an email from my CA, saying the production has started at 5:30AM. Just one week ago, I was told that my production was scheduled on Feb 6 (Week 6), but it seems like the production started early this time. Does anyone in this forum have similar experience before?

Anyways, can't wait to see my beauty early!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #2
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Yes, pretty normal, happens often.

The production week is the week for which you car is scheduled to be completed. So yes you're a little early, but only a week.

Doesn't mean the car will come any sooner though, as it is likely to already have a scheduled shipment, early completion or not.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2017, 09:43 AM   #3
BesToss
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Yes, pretty normal, happens often.

The production week is the week for which you car is scheduled to be completed. So yes you're a little early, but only a week.

Doesn't mean the car will come any sooner though, as it is likely to already have a scheduled shipment, early completion or not.
Ahhh I see. I thought the date shown on my order was supposed to be the date when the production is started...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 07:39 PM   #4
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
What he said. Mine was finished two week early but sat at the port for most of this before deliver to the dealer. Your wait will be over soon
Appreciate 0