BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > My interpretation of the newest mule pics

01-31-2015, 07:34 PM   #23
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Good point Aust350z.

All the time we've been thinking that the fangs of the front bumper will sport the body color. Check all renders.

But BMW M could simply opt for fangs in black or carbon fibre (regardless the body color), in order to create the image of a bigger intake "mouth" (all black). After all, the main purpose of the fangs is functional - form follows function.

So guys, also post renders with black fangs.
      02-02-2015, 02:27 AM   #24
UpNcOmINg!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e82 BMW 135i

yeah i think that e92 bumper really gives more insight into how the design may just work to make the massive intakes not look overly large and gaping.
The intakes on the initial render by OP are much smaller than what they should be in terms of height. Adem is correct in saying so.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 08:43 AM   #25
sgrinavi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 911GTS & 2014 X1

Garage List
Nice try! I won't get into the minutia of the front end,

1. You are a brave man for posting your first stab at a PS
2. I don't know, or care, what's correct, but I just noticed that your left and right lower air intakes have a different shape on the bottom

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #26
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist View Post
Bumper is too squared off and too angular... that must mean its perfect haha. These are the lines I can make out. If anyone sees more point them out.

This. Everything you need to know about the bumper is in this spy shot. This is very close to the final bumper. I am suspecting it is an initial first article test of the final mold. I mean, just look at it. Beautiful, and definitely production level sculpting. This car is going to be something else. Love the efforts, OP. I think you are getting closer than anyone has. All it needs is some smoothing of the bumper. The actual version has a little more depth and is more "curvy" and less angular.

02-02-2015, 01:37 PM   #27
UpNcOmINg!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e82 BMW 135i

uuuuh yeah no.
Is close but needs some definite refinements. If you look at the camo used on the front end of the 1M, it made it difficult to distinguish.
Hell, Adem's work even got Scott intrigued enough to post up that sketch again. The intakes will DEFINITELY be a lot larger than depicted and I think there may be quite a bit more design either side of the lights, under the lights as well as in the flare itself, possibly with the "fangs" being black as previously mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #28
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNcOmINg! View Post
Hell, Adem's work even got Scott intrigued enough to post up that sketch again. The intakes will DEFINITELY be a lot larger than depicted
Nailed it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 09:59 PM   #29
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234 View Post
This. Everything you need to know about the bumper is in this spy shot. This is very close to the final bumper. I am suspecting it is an initial first article test of the final mold. I mean, just look at it. Beautiful, and definitely production level sculpting. This car is going to be something else. Love the efforts, OP. I think you are getting closer than anyone has. All it needs is some smoothing of the bumper. The actual version has a little more depth and is more "curvy" and less angular.
The top of the yellow line in that image is not actually there. It is just from the camo covering part of the vent.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1072996

Scott chipped in, and in accord, posted this inside sketch which further suggests my conclusion.
Attached Images

Last edited by Adem1534; 02-02-2015 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 10:25 PM   #30
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
Alex, agree with your analysis. The OP's efforts are fantastic but it needs the tweeks you've highlighted. And I couldn't see the dimples under the camo on the rear quarter panel anymore, your eyes are better than most with this stuff...am I wrong?
Hmm, are you referring to the little bumps on that were exposed in that rear 3/4's shot not too long ago?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 10:47 AM   #31
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
The top of the yellow line in that image is not actually there. It is just from the camo covering part of the vent.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1072996

Scott chipped in, and in accord, posted this inside sketch which further suggests my conclusion.

I hope you're right because that would make the car look far more aggressive, but i still do see the yellow you believe is just a cover up. Refer to post #19 and look at the right portion of the front bumper (where I circled it). You can see the line due to the different depth. Again, I'm hoping the M2 will be an aggressive little beast, but do not want to be incorrectly optimistic hah

Last edited by filet.M2c; 02-03-2015 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0