BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Pricing for M2 Comp

08-25-2019, 02:31 AM   #595
Nassy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Future M Owner

Ive just put an order for a Manual Pure in HS due to arrive in November. Opted for heated seats and wireless charging, that's about it! I've been a long time BMW fan, ever since I saw Tiff Needell drifting an E46 around on Top Gear. This will be my first BMW for me, I can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2019, 04:32 AM   #596
Rascasse_M2C
Rep
Drives: VFII Redline Commodore & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nassy View Post
Ive just put an order for a Manual Pure in HS due to arrive in November. Opted for heated seats and wireless charging, that's about it! I've been a long time BMW fan, ever since I saw Tiff Needell drifting an E46 around on Top Gear. This will be my first BMW for me, I can't wait!
Congratulations, it's a great feeling isn't it!

I've been hanging out to be able to post in this thread. Like yourself, it'll be my first BMW.

I can proudly state that this afternoon, I've signed contract and paid deposit on a black, manual M2 Comp with M-Sport brakes, wireless charge, Carplay, window tint and M-Performance coilovers.

The kicker is, I've specified a 2020 build date, so slated for April 2020 delivery. It's going to be a loooong wait. All the more time to stockpile mods I guess?!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 04:19 AM   #597
JoneseyGTI
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

I can also state that I’ve signed contracts and paid deposit today for an in-stock new M2 competition. DCT, Alpine White, M sport brakes, sun glazing, wireless charging, heated seats. Replacing a 2013 Audi S3. Very excited to be making the jump!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 12:21 AM   #598
Nassy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Future M Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoneseyGTI View Post
I can also state that I've signed contracts and paid deposit today for an in-stock new M2 competition. DCT, Alpine White, M sport brakes, sun glazing, wireless charging, heated seats. Replacing a 2013 Audi S3. Very excited to be making the jump!

Congrats mate! Where in Australia are you located?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #599
JoneseyGTI
Registered
Rep

Hobart, TAS.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 02:44 AM   #600
serbie
Registered
Rep
Drives: G87

That's awesome lads and welcome to the M club, but in the interest of keeping with the spirit of the thread and topic, would any of you 3 gentlemen above be willing to share how much you were able to purchase your M2 Comps for?

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 04:44 AM   #601
JoneseyGTI
Registered
Rep

>$100k, less than $110k, happy to share more precise details via PM if needed.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 07:04 PM   #602
Rascasse_M2C
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoneseyGTI View Post
>$100k, less than $110k, happy to share more precise details via PM if needed.
I'm in the same price range for a 2020 build in manual. Just over once M-Performance coilovers were factored in.

As above, feel free to PM me, as two other forum members have already done for specific pricing detail.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #603
tarkus
Rep
Drives: VW Scirocco

Thanks for the information from all posters.

Anyone with recent experience buying from Sydney dealers recently? I'm going for a test drive on Sat to North Shore BMW but will visit a few dealers to see pricing.

Also, how long is the turnaround time if ordered from factory? 2-3 months I'm guessing?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 11:09 PM   #604
Rascasse_M2C
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post

Anyone with recent experience buying from Sydney dealers recently? I'm going for a test drive on Sat to North Shore BMW but will visit a few dealers to see pricing.

Also, how long is the turnaround time if ordered from factory? 2-3 months I'm guessing?

Thanks
Having visited 4 dealerships in August (3x Sydney based), they each advised 3-4 months from order to delivery. Each leaned toward 3 months, but cover themselves with the extra timeframe.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 06:09 PM   #605
Zqnben
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 635csi

I ordered 6th June, delivery is tomorrow 🚗 😃

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 12:13 AM   #606
Rascasse_M2C
Rep

Nice Ben, that ought to make for a great weekend!

Thanks for your assistance with pricing previously and enjoy the new M2!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 04:18 PM   #607
Arbit
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

First time poster. I'm considering to get one of these.
I know BMW has a tradition to offer deep discount after initial orders are filled (subject to supply and demand).
Do you think next year is the better time to order one provided that ;
M2 CS will be released next year,
RS3 and A45S are rolled out,
The current M2 chassis are near the end of cycle.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 09:42 PM   #608
///Driver
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post
First time poster. I'm considering to get one of these.
I know BMW has a tradition to offer deep discount after initial orders are filled (subject to supply and demand).
Do you think next year is the better time to order one provided that ;
M2 CS will be released next year,
RS3 and A45S are rolled out,
The current M2 chassis are near the end of cycle.
Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself. $105,000 OTR for a brand new, built-to-order, M2 Competition is possible. However, many, if not most BMW dealers seem to give prices in the $116,000 - $119,000. But if you ring around, you should be able to find one or dealers that will shave off decent amount.

Would 2020 be better year to get a better pricing? Don't know.

Everyone is different, and I don't mean to insult anyone here, but be careful with 'Demo cars' or 'Executive driven' cars.

https://youtu.be/BQctuPp3kjU
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #609
Arbit
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hithere View Post
Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself. $105,000 OTR for a brand new, built-to-order, M2 Competition is possible. However,
Would 2020 be better year to get a better pricing? Don't know.

Everyone is different, and I don't mean to insult anyone here, but be careful with 'Demo cars' or 'Executive driven' cars.

Thanks for your reply.
BMW Parramatta has a demo M2 3500km offering 97k.
It was tempting but I should be careful after reading your post. )
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #610
///Driver
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post
Thanks for your reply.
BMW Parramatta has a demo M2 3500km offering 97k.
It was tempting, but I should be careful after reading your post. )
Before you get too excited by the 'demo' car, may I suggest you watch this?

In a nutshell, be careful of 'demo' or 'executive driven' cars. It is not a definite 'no, don't buy'. It means, get an independent assessment done.

I think there might be less risk on a family car like Rev4, but on a performance machine... is it possible that a 'demo' car was taken home by one of the sales guys and they had a fun night at the local drag strip?

Of course, it is entirely possible that only older, mature and sedate test drivers took it on the highway for a test drive and nothing unexpected happened.

It is the unknown that concerns me.

One other thing, I made a habit of never buying showroom cars either. A mate ended up with glazed bore issue in his engine. The car was brand new, and it only had about 10,000kms by the time the issue surfaced (can't remember what the issue was). It wasn't a BMW car. An independent workshop investigated with noodle camera and discovered the engine issue. The car was never used as a demo. They concluded that it was started up in the showroom and revved up dozens of times when the engine was cold. All in the name of salespeople selling the car by impressing potential buyers. In most cars, the run-in period is critical and repeating the start-up and revving cold to every customer walking in the door over the past 12 months = not good for the engine. All with factory 15kms on the clock.

It also depends on how long you intend to keep the car. Planning to sell within the warranty period? Less concerns. Planning to keep it for 5 years plus? It might be worth approaching with caution.

Good luck and keep us informed of your deals.

Last edited by ///Driver; 12-17-2019 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 10:35 PM   #611
nesnah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2C

The M2 CS should not affect the prices of the M2C at all since it's a limited production car.

You shouldn't have an issue picking up a brand new one around 105k drive away to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 07:24 AM   #612
Emme2
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Some "demo" M cars are not only flogged by executive staff, but also at various road events across Australia. Witnessed both things with my own eyes, and was even offered one of these flogged cars for a test drive... after which, it literally lots its "race" stripes from a particular road event, and was casually listed for sale as a "demo". Was it properly run-in? Definitely not. Are showroom cars started cold and for show? Definitely yes.

As mentioned above, M2CS is unlikely to affect M2C. The former is price gouging to the max... its "limited edition" exclusivity is, in reality, just a carbon roof with mismatching carbon finish (-5kg; was available as an M Performance part on M2C), better tyres (can fit anytime), carbon and Alcantara bits (can source and fit anytime) and adaptive suspension (extra electronics that make the CS as heavy as a M2C and defeats the raw nature of this hero car). The extra engine power is just an engine retune away (S55 engine torque remains the same). BMW adopted a similar ploy with the M4CS to end up with many just sitting in showrooms to this day (to be contrasted with M3 Pure which have been flying out the doors thanks to their run-out heavy discounts due to the lack of love for the F80 series).

If the M140i is anything to go by, the fact that the F87 is reaching the end of its life will result in dealers keeping prices high... as people line up to grab the last of its kind. The M2C is in the same boat given the next generation will certainly be faster, more powerful and still RWD, but less pure and stupidly styled (clue, the M2GC). Also BEWARE: new cars will be fitted with OPF (particulate filters).

Last edited by Emme2; 12-22-2019 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 03:02 PM   #613
Tigerz_x
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

103k driveaway. Brand new LBB, dct, wireless charging and black wheels. Should be here in April. They wanted 116k which I obviously declined, got a call two days later with the new price.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 05:39 PM   #614
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerz_x View Post
103k driveaway. Brand new LBB, dct, wireless charging and black wheels. Should be here in April. They wanted 116k which I obviously declined, got a call two days later with the new price.
Lol. Congrats..

Maybe the same will happen when the CS is released. Hi it's 175k, nah just kidding u can have it for 115k after a year sitting in the floor.
      01-10-2020, 10:09 PM   #615
Harrison kayy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascasse_M2C View Post
Having visited 4 dealerships in August (3x Sydney based), they each advised 3-4 months from order to delivery. Each leaned toward 3 months, but cover themselves with the extra timeframe.

Hey mate, curious to know what pricing you received for the m2 comp? I’m
Going to possibly order one next week. I have been shopping around RRP with what I wanted came in at 124k, they are willing to drop it to 109k.. any one no if this a good or bad price? Obviously brand new
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #616
Arbit
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison kayy View Post
Hey mate, curious to know what pricing you received for the m2 comp? I’m
Going to possibly order one next week. I have been shopping around RRP with what I wanted came in at 124k, they are willing to drop it to 109k.. any one no if this a good or bad price? Obviously brand new
What options/color do you wish to add?
I'd suggest 100 - 110k for built order depending on the options, like Mbrake, roof, and metallic etc.
Appreciate 0