BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > My Buddy Drove His E46 M3 Off A Cliff - VIDEO!!!!

Closed Thread

06-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #133
Parkanzky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '10 SGM M3

Who's the guy in front of him that pushed way wide at about :06? He could very well have had the same accident right there.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #134
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
This sent a chill down my spine, I read this and pictured this just as graphically as you described it. Hard to read as I do not wish that harm upon anyone. However I really do appreciate you sharing this story. It's definitely an eye opener. The part that gets me is that you couldn't do shit when the car was flipping to help your friend. Those kind of words hint that you're the type of guy who cares for the well being of friends in a situation like that and not just yourself; and I really respect that!

I hope you and your buddy have since then recovered fully
We both made it out ok. My friend Rob was pretty messed up for about 6 months. He went right into surgery/inpatient. He was released a few days later with 30+ metal staples on the side/top of his skull. He made a full recovery and so did I.

You are correct. As teens we all think we are invincible. We all have been there. So far from the truth. As I see younger folks getting into over 300 hp cars, this is going to happen. We were a statistic. I am not proud of it but I am proud that I got a second chance at life and so did my friend.

I do care about my friends and people in general. I am in the medical field and love helping patients but that night as a teen I couldn't do anything as hard as I tried. You just couldn't with gravity and the roll and how fast everything went down was mere seconds, but felt like minutes.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #135
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

In your initial post, you said for us to enjoy the video. Whats to enjoy about someone crashing like that. And your his friend? He could have died. Would you still have said for us to enjoy this?

Country run
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #136
John ITRW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I'm all for a spirited drive but that's just dumb. As evidenced by the outcome. I have done many dumb things in my life.... I hope the driver lived to learn a lesson from it.

It is puzzling to me when I see young kids with high powered cars. Their parents obviously purchased the car for them. Bad idea. I would surely be dead if I was given an M3 at an age any younger than 20. I had a P.O.S. S10 pickup and thought I knew how to drive. I drove that thing like an idiot....
by the way not all young kids in nice cars had their parents buy them for them, and also not all young kids cant drive. just sayin
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #137
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

I don't have any pity for the OP - sorry. Darwinism at work. Just plain dumb. He should be arrested for reckless endangerment on a public road.

Also, it was super obvious that the car was understeering into the corner and he decided to pinch the wheel - which is exactly what you're not supposed to do.

take it to the track and learn some real skills.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #138
urbanjunglist
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Wow. I will admit, I occasionally drive the way I shouldn't drive on public roads. But mine are long stretches, outside the city, with long range visibility, and places I've known my whole life. That doesn't justify putting the general public in danger... I'm just saying on behalf of those of us who don't always have access to a track, I know the itch... but that game must be played with extreme care.

Bottom line, he got short-sighted during an adrenalized moment... wasn't watching far enough down that road, came in too hot and not even close to wide enough. He came in hugging the right side of the right lane approaching a right turn... that deal was done before he even started his turn.

Glad he walked away... but sooo soo sad for that beautiful machine, instantly reduced to scrap. gotta give it up for that side curtain though, deploying at the first hint of a lateral tremor... bmw engineering, f*ckin forget about it.

Impressive footage, very humbling and a gut-check on (mods or no mods) how serious these machines are.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #139
1M_@teewhybs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [8.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s65e90 View Post
um yeah, from an Insurance guy that is reason to not cover any loss as he was obviously in an "exhibition of speed" with his buddy.

Glad he's ok, but damn 2 total failures driving like that crossing the center line. You reap what you sow......
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #140
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: ESS E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Ah.. never mind. Keep driving like an idiot.
I never drove like an idiot to begin with. I wasn't driving that car. I wasn't a passenger in that car. I wasn't even a part of the cruise that particular day.

This thread isn't even about me.. But that's fine, I have nothing to prove to a moron like you who instead of admitting wrong for insulting the wrong person, goes about talking nonsense.

Have a great rest of your day fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
Seriously? It's a public road. His wife has every right to be driving down that road. My wife was driving to work on a twisty country road this morning at about that time.
You missed my objective of that post, obviously I was not being serious. In response to the guy saying "I don't give a crap about your friend", it was my way of saying "what makes you think I give a crap about your wife then" without being so harsh..

You can see how I've responded to other people in this thread especially the negative posts, but I did not like the way this guy came about.

Apologies for the misunderstanding..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkanzky View Post
Who's the guy in front of him that pushed way wide at about :06? He could very well have had the same accident right there.
Guy at 0:06 is a kid in an E92 M3. I'm not a fan of him and do not speak with him in general. Last I heard he blew his motor not to long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
We both made it out ok. My friend Rob was pretty messed up for about 6 months. He went right into surgery/inpatient. He was released a few days later with 30+ metal staples on the side/top of his skull. He made a full recovery and so did I.

You are correct. As teens we all think we are invincible. We all have been there. So far from the truth.

I do care about my friends and people in general. I am in the medical field and love helping patients but that night as a teen I couldn't do anything as hard as I tried. You just couldn't with gravity and the roll and how fast everything went down was mere seconds, but felt like minutes.
Yeah I hear ya.. Glad you guys have recovered, and good on you for working in the medical field!
      06-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #141
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski View Post
Can't speak for anyone else, but on roads I don't know I'm more cautious... on roads I do know, that's when I'll get in to trouble, because that's when I'm likely to be pushing the hardest...
so you would be falling off a cliff too? I go hard in the canyons that I am familiar with but I can also say I know that next turn i need to slow down or ill fall off a cliff.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #142
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIO K View Post
I never drove like an idiot to begin with. I wasn't driving that car. I wasn't a passenger in that car. I wasn't even a part of the cruise that particular day.

This thread isn't even about me.. But that's fine, I have nothing to prove to a moron like you who instead of admitting wrong for insulting the wrong person, goes about talking nonsense.

Have a great rest of your day fool

You missed my objective of that post, obviously I was not being serious. In response to the guy saying "I don't give a crap about your friend", it was my way of saying "what makes you think I give a crap about your wife then" without being so harsh..

You can see how I've responded to other people in this thread especially the negative posts, but I did not like the way this guy came about.

Apologies for the misunderstanding..

Guy at 0:06 is a kid in an E92 M3. I'm not a fan of him and do not speak with him in general. Last I heard he blew his motor not to long ago.

Yeah I hear ya.. Glad you guys have recovered, and good on you for working in the medical field!
Thanks man.

Whats worse, and I have seen it, is teens/kids on hwy 26 and 30 driving this fast on patches of black ice. Thats 10X's worse IMO. I won't go there. I will save that for another thread.

Anyway, I am glad you posted this for a real eye opener for the younger folks to show them what can happen in a high power sports car if not driven properly.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #143
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanjunglist View Post
Wow. I'm just saying on behalf of those of us who don't always have access to a track, I know the itch... but that game must be played with extreme care.
you DRIVE to the track no matter how far it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanjunglist View Post
Bottom line, he got short-sighted during an adrenalized moment... wasn't watching far enough down that road, came in too hot and not even close to wide enough. He came in hugging the right side of the right lane approaching a right turn... that deal was done before he even started his turn.
BOTTOM LINE: Stay in your lane. This ain't no track. this is a public fucking road. Your suggestion assumes that you would come in wide (ending up on the wrong side of the road) on a blind turn with no guard rails and possibly take out someone driving safely in the other direction?

You slow down, you hug your lane. No excuses. Imagine if motorcycles were riding the other direction and you come in wide and hit a couple bikes and send them flying.

This shit is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #144
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I thinkn them cars aint no good any more, i dont think they had the ZCP. That cliff stuff was CrAzY, hes lucky as lucky can get not to be F'ed up.
      06-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #145
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
In your initial post, you said for us to enjoy the video. Whats to enjoy about someone crashing like that. And your his friend? He could have died. Would you still have said for us to enjoy this?
Correct. I did say enjoy. Yes I am his friend.

Could he have died? Yes.

Did he die? No.

If he did die there would not be a thread for anyone to "enjoy". He walked away with a few scratches, and is lucky to be alive. He personally uploaded the video to youtube for other peoples viewing pleasure.

Why I used the word "enjoy" is because in the original thread (back when it happened) I had 5 pages of the response "since he is okay, can we see the video".

Apologies if it offended you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
Guilty by association.

The fact that you're on here claim he's your "buddy" and "friend" is not helping your situation. You can see how that would make it easy to draw the conclusion that you drive in the same manner
Wait wait wait. So your'e saying because my friend took a poor decision and decided to push his car to point he could not handle that makes me an irresponsible driver?

Your post made absolutely no sense to me, because if I'm interpreting this correctly I can go ahead and imply that someone is gay because they are friends with a homosexual?

You're telling me I shouldn't refer to him as a buddy or friend? What a shame. Someones going to have to a LOT worse than drive off a cliff for me to turn my back on them.
      06-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #146
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep

Mario K Dont listen to the Safety police, you did nothing wrong and if then roads where by me i would be pushn it to the limits every single day om um. When its your time, its your time and Not a Single Second earlier.
Your also right he didnt Die, nor was he going to Die that day sense the birth of the Universe, everything good Bro.
      06-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #147
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
Uh no, I stated that you "would" see how some would draw the conclusion that you drive the same way. The optimum word being would, it doesn't mean it's a foregone conclusion

Especially, after you gleefully posted this video telling us all to "enjoy" as if this is something to be celebrated when in fact it's a lesson of what not to do.

OFF SOAP BOX NOW
I am just going to repost what I said to someone else as my response would be the same. Also applies to anyone who feels the same way:

"If he did die there would not be a thread for anyone to "enjoy". He walked away with a few scratches, and is lucky to be alive. He personally uploaded the video to youtube for other peoples viewing pleasure.

Why I used the word "enjoy" is because in the original thread (back when it happened) I had 5 pages of the same response "since he is okay, can we see the video".

Apologies if it offended you.."
      06-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #148
E90Mario
Brigadier General
Lebanon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Mario K Dont listen to the Safety police, you did nothing wrong and if then roads where by me i would be pushn it to the limits every single day om um. When its your time, its your time and Not a Single Second earlier.
Your also right he didnt Die, nor was he going to Die that day sense the birth of the Universe, everything good Bro.
Thank you buddy! I agree with many saying my friend was pushing the car too hard, and that what he did was wrong. But common no one in here is a saint you know what I mean.. and I don't understand why some people are coming after me lol

But anyways thank you again for your kind words brother!
      06-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #149
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
I have nothing nice to say, at all.
I agree with you!

Lets just say good thing he or the other driver didn't kill anybody ( sentiments do not extend to themselves ).
      06-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #150
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

No you didn't offend me, I just think you could have used a better choice of words.

[QUOTE=MARIO K;14141295]Correct. I did say enjoy. Yes I am his friend.

Could he have died? Yes.

Did he die? No.

Apologies if it offended you..

Country run
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #151
urbanjunglist
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post

BOTTOM LINE: Stay in your lane. This ain't no track. this is a public fucking road. Your suggestion assumes that you would come in wide (ending up on the wrong side of the road) on a blind turn with no guard rails and possibly take out someone driving safely in the other direction?

You slow down, you hug your lane. No excuses. Imagine if motorcycles were riding the other direction and you come in wide and hit a couple bikes and send them flying.

This shit is ridiculous.
lol, a controversial post here for obvious reasons! Didn't mean to anger you...

Sorry man I should have clarified since my separation to two paragraphs wasn't clear enough. In the first paragraph, yes I was commenting on the fact that this was a public road. And to each their own opinion no doubt, respect.

In the second paragraph, I was commenting solely on the mechanics of the wreck... regardless of this being a private track or public road, it's pretty clear that the geometry & physics of his approach is what did him in.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #152
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike
Lol, YOLO advice.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #153
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post

This shit is ridiculous.
+1

What a douchebag. Gives BMW Drivers a bad name.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #154
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep

What if? What if didnt happen, quit All your dwelln, What if an Asteroid hit the US today, What if the world got sucked up by a Black hole, I didnt happen, Destiny is Destiny Bro's.