BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > AMP Failure?

10-11-2023, 04:10 PM   #1
5teeb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
AMP Failure?

Unfortunately, I think my AMP failed :/

I did not experience any crazy noises screaming from the speakers like most posts that I've seen about their AMPs failing, instead mine just lost the sound to all speakers. I attempted to pull some fuses in the trunk and all were ok, after putting the fuses back in I still have zero sound coming from the speakers.

Anyone else experience this? Just curious of any other things to try before I have to replace the AMP since my car is out of warranty.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 11:57 PM   #2
OGM2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 AW DCT MPS,N180 4Runner

My subs went out for awhile which I’m pretty sure was amp related. It’s a fairly common problem which is suspected to be related to the vent placement near the amp in the trunk. I read it could come back on eventually and sure enough it did after about a month right as I was shopping for a replacement amp. I suspect water got in when I washed the car as I don’t drive it in the rain and it finally dried out. Advice, don’t spray into the driver side wheel well when washing.
Appreciate 2