BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > How to track your BMW in Canada

12-20-2017, 07:35 AM   #67
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh600cbr View Post
Good news!! As of this morning it was received at shipping port!! Looks like a New Years gift to me
Congrazt! I know how much pain for you to wait as I was the one in your shoe not long ago.
Just received her last week Friday and she is getting wrapped by PPF and ceramic coating at this moment.

Hang in there and you will be thinking that all the wait and pain worth when you see yours ready to be driven by your hands.

Cheers
Appreciate 2
      12-30-2017, 04:39 PM   #68
Renman
Registered
Rep
Drives: soon to be BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by alscks0414 View Post
If any Canadian folks need CN tracking to see your vehicle moving between VPC to your local CN terminal (until you can track using Hansen's), PM me.

I have access to CN tracking anytime using computer and cell phone.

Cheers
I just want to give a huge shout out to alscks0414, He tracked my car for me all the way from Nova Scotia to Vancouver .He would text me updated almost daily. Once again thanks.
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2018, 08:08 AM   #69
jmh600cbr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
2021 BMW G80  [0.00]
Just an FYI to everyone here, the 2wglobal site seems to have removed the option where you can track based on vin as of this past sunday. My car has been sitting at the VPC in hali for 13 days now and noone knows why including the SA who says it is likely them installing the MPE. alscks0414 has been kind enough to update me on CN rail info but he has yet to seem my car on a train after 13 days.
      01-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #70
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

I have been given my VIN# and do not have a build date. I have been however tracking the builds using my VIN # as a starting point then taking 100 off it and punching in the number. This way you can see how many M2's they build in a day. they normally build around 9 it seems but on Jan 20th (Saturday) they built 19 (I can only assume that they work on Sunday too but do not report this build date for some reason)
Anyway hope this is helpful for other Canadian BMW "waiters".
My car should be built on January 27th or 28th based on my calculations.

How long do you normally wait from competed build till dealer delivery in Toronto? I'm guessing 6 to 8 weeks. In my past experience it takes almost as long to get your car out of Halifax as it takes to get from the factory to Canada!

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 06:25 PM   #71
Dreuski
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 440iX 6MT MPPSK Tnznt Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrnan View Post
Hello all.

Here is my personnal experience on tracking my M2 from production to delivery without any BMW tools. Tools they have in the USA...

My SA gave me (after I asked him of course) my car's VIN, which become available when the car production is schedule to start soon.

This VIN is mandatory for any future search.

First, to track the production I've used site http://www.bmwdecoder.com/ with my car's VIN 7 last digits. That gives details about the car and the production date will appear at the production last step.

Second, to track the transport from Germany to to Halifax port I've used site https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage with my car's VIN 7 last digits in field "Cargo ID". It is also possible to use the complete VIN. That gives the Vessel name, status and some important dates.

And last, to track from Halifax port to the dealer I've used site https://www.lhf.com/ with my car's complete VIN and by selecting the VIN radio button. That gives delivery status and some important dates.

That is my personnal experience, I cannot garanty it will work for you but I guess it might.
Hey there. The 2wglobal website the OP references no longer has a field called "Cargo ID". Tried entering my VIN / last 7digits of it in the fields available, and got nothing.

Anyone have insight into the changed fields or a new way to track?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 07:13 PM   #72
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreuski View Post
Hey there. The 2wglobal website the OP references no longer has a field called "Cargo ID". Tried entering my VIN / last 7digits of it in the fields available, and got nothing.

Anyone have insight into the changed fields or a new way to track?
My recollection is that you need to enter your full VIN #. Not sure which field you use now the cargo ID is missing.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #73
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Looks like we could be out of luck from now on!

From the site:

"
24.01.2018 The Track & Trace website has been updated

Due to security concerns we have decided to remove the cargo id search functionality from our Track & Trace web page.

We will continue to provide our customers with the capability to track their cargo by searching based on either the WWL booking number, WWL bill of lading number or the customer reference number.

Retrieved results will have all the same details as before, including cargo id information.

The WWL booking number and WWL bill of lading number will be provided to our customers during the shipping process and serve as the unique identification for the shipment."

Appreciate 2
      01-24-2018, 08:15 PM   #74
jmh600cbr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G80

Garage List
2021 BMW G80  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryK View Post
Looks like we could be out of luck from now on!

From the site:

"
24.01.2018 The Track & Trace website has been updated

Due to security concerns we have decided to remove the cargo id search functionality from our Track & Trace web page.

We will continue to provide our customers with the capability to track their cargo by searching based on either the WWL booking number, WWL bill of lading number or the customer reference number.

Retrieved results will have all the same details as before, including cargo id information.

The WWL booking number and WWL bill of lading number will be provided to our customers during the shipping process and serve as the unique identification for the shipment."
Yup. Some bullshit if you ask me. Luckily my bimmer was already on land when this changed. But it's stuck in hali
      01-27-2018, 09:02 AM   #75
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh600cbr View Post
Yup. Some bullshit if you ask me. Luckily my bimmer was already on land when this changed. But it's stuck in hali
Here is my experience so far:

-Used the VIN Decoder to find out when my car was built.
-As you know it is now not possible to track the loading onto the vessel of your as 2WGlobal have removed the feature (Customer ID) I called my dealer who could not tell me the bill of loading or customer ID "for security reasons"
- Called BMW Canada customer service. Clearly they use an offshore customer service company and they were nice but say that they know less than the dealer. They said they would give me the information if they had it!
- Tried to punch my VIN# into the US site and it did not work
- Decided to punch in the VIN# of the US car that was built after mine and got some info - the build # and the car's position on the build chain.
- Then called BMW Genius with that build # and was blown away with the US customer service. The guy was so nice and knew exactly what was happening with the car. Told me it was in quality control and was just released and would be on a train to the shipping yard on Monday or Tuesday but to call back and he would tell me the name of the ship!
**** Just shows you the difference between the US customer service and the poor excuse for customer service we Canadians accept. Clearly the car I have info on is not my car but I would guess that it is not unlikely that they will travel on the same ship if they are going to the same coast. ******

Last edited by GregoryK; 01-28-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
jmh600cbr265.00
      02-01-2018, 09:00 AM   #76
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2000 540i 6-speed

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum - not so new to BMWs, but I ordered a 2018 Estoril Blue M240i 6-speed with MPE on December 29th, 2017. Production ended on January 22nd, 2018 and as of yesterday, it's still sitting at the port (according to dealer & BMW Canada systems). Based on the information I gathered on other forums, I'm thinking it was loaded on the vessel leaving Bremerhaven on the 31st, arriving in Halifax February 13th. Usually it takes max. 6 to 8 business days for the car to ship once production has ended. Now, my SA sent me a screenshot of his system showing an ETA of Feb. 25th. However, he's unsure if this means Halifax delivery, Toronto delivery or dealer delivery (Budds' BMW Oakville). Is anyone dealing or has anyone dealt with a similar situation? I can't imagine the car just sitting at the port for an additional 2 weeks before it ships, so that Feb. 25th date has got to be Toronto or dealer delivery (I would hope). I also hate how WWL has removed that CargoID field and I have communicated my frustrations over to them - has anyone been able to obtain the bill of lading/booking number? Neither the dealer nor BMW Canada is able to provide me with this information (supposedly). If only I could track using my VIN in that CargoID field like we used to be able to do, I wouldn't even be posting here lol!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #77
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicomadrid20 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum - not so new to BMWs, but I ordered a 2018 Estoril Blue M240i 6-speed with MPE on December 29th, 2017. Production ended on January 22nd, 2018 and as of yesterday, it's still sitting at the port (according to dealer & BMW Canada systems). Based on the information I gathered on other forums, I'm thinking it was loaded on the vessel leaving Bremerhaven on the 31st, arriving in Halifax February 13th. Usually it takes max. 6 to 8 business days for the car to ship once production has ended. Now, my SA sent me a screenshot of his system showing an ETA of Feb. 25th. However, he's unsure if this means Halifax delivery, Toronto delivery or dealer delivery (Budds' BMW Oakville). Is anyone dealing or has anyone dealt with a similar situation? I can't imagine the car just sitting at the port for an additional 2 weeks before it ships, so that Feb. 25th date has got to be Toronto or dealer delivery (I would hope). I also hate how WWL has removed that CargoID field and I have communicated my frustrations over to them - has anyone been able to obtain the bill of lading/booking number? Neither the dealer nor BMW Canada is able to provide me with this information (supposedly). If only I could track using my VIN in that CargoID field like we used to be able to do, I wouldn't even be posting here lol!
It's tough. If your car was built on the 22nd it is unlikely it made to the "Patriot" (which is now in Sweden btw).
I am totally improvising with my car (finished 3 days after you on the 25th). My car is still on a train car in Leipzig - I Think.
Here's what I did - If you are up to it.
Found a car close to my VIN# and punched it into the US tracking site. Got a build number and with that called BMW Genius and found out exactly what was going on with that car. That way you have an idea at least. BMW Genius unlike the BMW Canada will give you the booking number and the bill of laden once they have them that way you can see the vin# being loaded and know which ship etc.
I would think you will be on the Glorious Leader that leaves on Feb 6th and gets into Halifax on the 19th or the Aniara that gets in on the 26th. In my experience it can take at least another 2 weeks from when your car is released in Halifax to arrive in Toronto and potentially another week before delivery. We are dealing with BMW Canada after all!

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #78
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Thank you so much for that information!! To create an account, it says I need to use "your new BMW’s production number to verify your ownership". Will my Canadian production number work?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 11:10 AM   #79
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

I think it asks for your Production # or Vin #. Your Canadian VIN # will not work. Go to the Vindecoder and add one # to your Canadian Vin. Check to see that it is a US car (has the TSP and does not say KPH anywhere. Load that Vin # into the MyBMW site and it will give you a production #. When you sign up for the US site don't say you are from Canada or give any info except an email. Look up a US postal code etc. Once you have the US production number call BMW Genius. Don't give them your Canadian phone # if they ask just say you never use your phone or something like that.
Report how it goes.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 02:01 PM   #80
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Is it the "Add or Remove a Vehicle to Your Account" section? Because it's asking me for "Date of purchase or delivery (mm/dd/yyyy)*" & "Mileage when purchased*", information I do not have of course for a car that's not mine lol...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #81
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Yep. That's it. Take a guess. Say November 16th. Make sure you fill it out just the way they show with the date dividers. I tried 6 dates and none worked and then realised it was the fact that I had not used the /...

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #82
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

The vehicle has been added but I can't see the production number anywhere...thank you for all your help by the way!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 02:19 PM   #83
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

It is no problem. Glad I can pass the time with you!

Try signing out and signing back in again. Then check in the left column. Above the Vehicles it say "track my BMW". It might takes some time but it will show the vehicle with a pic and the production # underneath.

Let us know what happened!

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #84
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Signing in/out did the trick! Customer service at BMW Canada needs to start learning from the folks at BMW Genius - two worlds of difference. Got the same information as you basically - car is in quality control. The car I tracked finished production on Jan. 26th I believe so you're right in saying my car (which finished production on the 22nd) probably hasn't shipped yet. I'll give it another try next week and will keep you all updated here! Again, thank you so much for all your help!! Looks like a March 2nd delivery is no longer possible, with delays not only in Halifax but also in Germany...and with MPE ticked, might take even longer! But I'm convinced it'll all be worth it
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #85
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Glad it worked out. When you call BMW Genius you will be blown away with the info they have - not the self serve # the main # the reps are on the ball and super helpful.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #86
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Good news! Called BMW Canada (I've started feeling bad for calling my SA everyday) and they advised me that my vehicle status is now "delivery on hold"...and they don't know what this means! Until this morning, it had "status 193 - at port". Called my SA and he said the dealer systems update after the BMW Canada systems so he isn't able to give me more info until next week (I suppose). I guess this means my car has shipped? Any one know what "delivery on hold" means?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #87
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep

Means it did not get on a ship next ship is the 6th if it is east coast delivery....
There is clearly a backlog of vehicles because you are in the same "boat" as many.
Just to be clear I am no expert but have imported many (5) cars and tracked the process.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 11:21 AM   #88
drbachata
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

You're right...it would make sense that it would still be on hold - jmh600cbr had to wait 12 days for his car to even show up at the port - I guess I should be happy if it does ship on the 6th. I wonder if it's been booked for shipping now...And then there are also weather-related delays in Dartmouth right now and with MPE ticked, I can easily see my car sitting in Halifax for another 2 weeks minimum. It'll all be worth it I'm sure though!!
Appreciate 0