BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Is Anyone Else Planning Performance Center Delivery?

02-09-2016, 07:15 AM   #23
pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Response from BMWNA, passed on from my CA, regarding attempt to lock in a May Perf Delivery date for my HEA build.

"Unfortunately, this model is still awaiting EPA/CARB approvals from the government. The vehicles are currently on hold and will not ship to us or any BMW Center until BMW receives those approvals. For that reason, we don’t know when we can expect to receive the vehicle.

As soon as BMW notifies us that the approvals have been received and the vehicles will be allowed to start shipping, we will be able to schedule these models for delivery. We will send out an email with the first available delivery date once we have been informed of the hold removal."
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #24
dt34
Private
Rep
Drives: Maserati Gran Turismo MC, i3

I tried but my sales rep said it was too late to arrange.

Past: BMW E36 M3,BMW E92 M3,Audi RS5,
Lotus Exige S,Lotus Evora S
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #25
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pit1 View Post
Response from BMWNA, passed on from my CA, regarding attempt to lock in a May Perf Delivery date for my HEA build.

"Unfortunately, this model is still awaiting EPA/CARB approvals from the government. The vehicles are currently on hold and will not ship to us or any BMW Center until BMW receives those approvals. For that reason, we don’t know when we can expect to receive the vehicle.

As soon as BMW notifies us that the approvals have been received and the vehicles will be allowed to start shipping, we will be able to schedule these models for delivery. We will send out an email with the first available delivery date once we have been informed of the hold removal."
Yep. Same here.

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1220514
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 10:06 PM   #26
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToe View Post
Any updates for you guys? My car should be in Quality Control right now and will be at the port within the next few days according to my CA. He told me he will submit for PCD then, but I'm not sure what will happen with these EPA holds. Just trying to get an idea for what to expect. I really would like to do this, but at this point I may just pull the plug on PCD.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 11:19 PM   #27
AlexCirci
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHRAR View Post
Any updates for you guys? My car should be in Quality Control right now and will be at the port within the next few days according to my CA. He told me he will submit for PCD then, but I'm not sure what will happen with these EPA holds. Just trying to get an idea for what to expect. I really would like to do this, but at this point I may just pull the plug on PCD.
I was told a few days ago that my SA was putting my reservation in that day. Mine in currently en route to the US. I'll update when I have more info!

Last edited by AlexCirci; 02-25-2016 at 01:25 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2016, 01:46 AM   #28
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

This is probably a naive question, but can PCD take place at the Performance Center West in Thermal, California?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 04:34 AM   #29
pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried
This is probably a naive question, but can PCD take place at the Performance Center West in Thermal, California?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 08:16 AM   #30
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Yes
Are you sure? I thought they were not ready to do PCD at the West location?

I haven't seen any completed reports of people doing PCD in thermal either.

Last edited by chmura; 02-25-2016 at 08:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 08:16 AM   #31
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Haven't heard more on the EPA hold other than according to the EPA it has been certified so that in theory there shouldn't be a hold any more.

Not sure how easily you can change your destination. I had to have my destination as PCD included in my order. To change it now, assuming that you had the same, will likely cost you $s. Depending on where you live they might have shipped to a different port for a delivery to your local dealer vs a delivery to PCD.

My car has completed production as of last Thursday (2 weeks in production) and has yet to set sail. PCD paperwork states 8 weeks minimum from production complete to pickup. I hope thats wrong but it clearly set that expectation. It's also possible that BMW will hold at the port since the official unveiling wasn't supposed to be until April 16. I hope that's not the case.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #32
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haven't heard more on the EPA hold other than according to the EPA it has been certified so that in theory there shouldn't be a hold any more.

Not sure how easily you can change your destination. I had to have my destination as PCD included in my order. To change it now, assuming that you had the same, will likely cost you $s. Depending on where you live they might have shipped to a different port for a delivery to your local dealer vs a delivery to PCD.

My car has completed production as of last Thursday (2 weeks in production) and has yet to set sail. PCD paperwork states 8 weeks minimum from production complete to pickup. I hope thats wrong but it clearly set that expectation. It's also possible that BMW will hold at the port since the official unveiling wasn't supposed to be until April 16. I hope that's not the case.
Yea, I feel so in the dark about this. My CA told me that my car was supposed to be done production by 2/20, yet MyBMW still states that it's in production. I know that it can be behind, but my CA also stated it was in status 155 last week sometime (Tuesday or Wednesday) and should go to Bremerhaven soon. He said that he would submit the PCD paperwork at that point to give me more of a chance. I'm still extremely confused by this process. Anyway, if I don't get PCD, it's not that big of a deal as I'll get my car earlier and can get the Xpel front clip taken care of right off the bat. At this point, I can't wait to take possession of the car!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 12:26 PM   #33
Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea, I feel so in the dark about this. My CA told me that my car was supposed to be done production by 2/20, yet MyBMW still states that it's in production. I know that it can be behind, but my CA also stated it was in status 155 last week sometime (Tuesday or Wednesday) and should go to Bremerhaven soon. He said that he would submit the PCD paperwork at that point to give me more of a chance. I'm still extremely confused by this process. Anyway, if I don't get PCD, it's not that big of a deal as I'll get my car earlier and can get the Xpel front clip taken care of right off the bat. At this point, I can't wait to take possession of the car!
Here is some additional information. MYBMW is delayed but your dealer should be able to send you a screen shot that shows actual status in more detail than MYBMW. He sent me a screen shot last Thursday showing that mine had just completed production on the same day. It showed up in MYBMW about 36 hours later. You should ask for a complete copy of the view from his system. It will list the destination as the performance center and that the car is shipping to Charleston. It will also show the actual production complete date. I have attached two pdfs that might help. One is a FAQ and the other is a form that must be filled out to take delivery at the performance center. My dealer asked me to fill it out so that everything was in the system prior to production. It outlines the detailed process that the dealer must go through to get the car sent there. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SKMBT_42160126092200.pdf (1.36 MB, 1081 views)
File Type: pdf SKMBT_42160126095700.pdf (669.8 KB, 134 views)
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2016, 07:56 PM   #34
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here is some additional information. MYBMW is delayed but your dealer should be able to send you a screen shot that shows actual status in more detail than MYBMW. He sent me a screen shot last Thursday showing that mine had just completed production on the same day. It showed up in MYBMW about 36 hours later. You should ask for a complete copy of the view from his system. It will list the destination as the performance center and that the car is shipping to Charleston. It will also show the actual production complete date. I have attached two pdfs that might help. One is a FAQ and the other is a form that must be filled out to take delivery at the performance center. My dealer asked me to fill it out so that everything was in the system prior to production. It outlines the detailed process that the dealer must go through to get the car sent there. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I'll take a look. I am going to call my CA tomorrow anyway to see what is going on.
Appreciate 0