BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuNguyen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
How do you find the akra exhaust on the m2c?
Love it. It's not cheap of course. However, I wanted to get rid of the low hanging muffler look and I opportunistically had it installed at the same time that I had my car in for wrap.

I know the S55 sound has a bad reputation but I think with the akra it sounds great. I still think the flat six is the best and that will be the direction I eventually move again.
Good to hear! Don't hear enough owners praising their s55 exhaust! Did you wrap the whole car - any pics of so?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 01:17 AM   #24
LuNguyen
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Good to hear! Don't hear enough owners praising their s55 exhaust! Did you wrap the whole car - any pics of so?
It's a PPF so it's clear. Hockenheim silver - but I got the roof wrapped black and I went full CF addiction on the outside (lip/spoiler/grille/side badges/winglets/antenna cover/diffuser!)
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 12:33 AM   #25
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Don't find the car too quiet with ASD off with the OEM exhaust?
My thoughts on this are its not about the loudness it about the actual sound. ASD is just not a natural sound, it's something i could never get used to. I cant recall how quiet it was pre Fabspeed but I remember being much happier to be able to hear the real sound of engine/exhaust.

But, desire for aftermarket DP and/or exhaust will never go away Im afraid lol
      07-23-2020, 11:46 PM   #26
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
Quote:
Don't find the car too quiet with ASD off with the OEM exhaust?
My thoughts on this are its not about the loudness it about the actual sound. ASD is just not a natural sound, it's something i could never get used to. I cant recall how quiet it was pre Fabspeed but I remember being much happier to be able to hear the real sound of engine/exhaust.

But, desire for aftermarket DP and/or exhaust will never go away Im afraid lol
Fair enough. I'm ok with artificial sound but the ASD just makes my head literally hurt and blocks my ears (i must have some sensitivity to the frequency of the ASD).
But I too still want more exhaust noise from my car! Now awaiting for the harness to make it's way from the US.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 06:57 AM   #27
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Saw you posted in the main forum the harness didn't fix your issues. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with the amp? Known issue (especially with tinting) water can get into the amp location in the boot and fry it.

Not sure if you can, but have you tried unplugging the amp to see if the "sound" issues still occur?

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #28
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
Saw you posted in the main forum the harness didn't fix your issues. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with the amp? Known issue (especially with tinting) water can get into the amp location in the boot and fry it.

Not sure if you can, but have you tried unplugging the amp to see if the "sound" issues still occur?
Hi there - don't believe there is anything wrong with the amp? My stereo works fine to my knowledge Don't hear anything odd from the speakers. Is there anything I should be looking out for specifically?

I mainly drive without any music on and I don't hear anything currently from my speakers.

The previous owner did tint the windows and I did note someone likely did access the internals to that part of the car as the floor bolt for the left hand side trim in the boot was quite stripped leading to the amp.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 05:58 PM   #29
Superdaws
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 BSM M2C

Quote:
Quote:

Hi there - don't believe there is anything wrong with the amp? My stereo works fine to my knowledge Don't hear anything odd from the speakers. Is there anything I should be looking out for specifically?

I mainly drive without any music on and I don't hear anything currently from my speakers.

The previous owner did tint the windows and I did note someone likely did access the internals to that part of the car as the floor bolt for the left hand side trim in the boot was quite stripped leading to the amp.
Only reason I say it is because you say get this "underwater" feeling or similar when driving. You were checking cabin pressure vents wondering if the cabin was "pressurized"?

I am by no means an expert, but I would have thought the amp being slightly "damaged" due water ingress could quite possibly lead to a low Audible output from the speakers/subs causing your problem.... just maybe? If the ASD harness didn't fix it, could unplugging the amp and test driving with it unplugged be worth a try?

If the previous owner had been playing around in that area, trying to fix/remove water from the amp area and stripped the bolt using incorrect tools, just seems like a likely outcome. Maybe previous had the same issue...?

I also think even with the music/radio off, it's not implausible for a fried amp to output a low almost inaudible "hum" to the speakers.

2020 MY21 BMW M2 Competition 6MT | Black Sapphire
OLD 2010 BMW 135i M Sport 6MT | Le Mans Blue
2016 BMW F15 X5 30D | Sapphire Black | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 06:29 AM   #30
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Only reason I say it is because you say get this "underwater" feeling or similar when driving. You were checking cabin pressure vents wondering if the cabin was "pressurized"?

I am by no means an expert, but I would have thought the amp being slightly "damaged" due water ingress could quite possibly lead to a low Audible output from the speakers/subs causing your problem.... just maybe? If the ASD harness didn't fix it, could unplugging the amp and test driving with it unplugged be worth a try?

If the previous owner had been playing around in that area, trying to fix/remove water from the amp area and stripped the bolt using incorrect tools, just seems like a likely outcome. Maybe previous had the same issue...?

I also think even with the music/radio off, it's not implausible for a fried amp to output a low almost inaudible "hum" to the speakers.

Thanks for the inputs - I'm going to see how things go in the next week or so especially now ASD is off. If no improvement - I'll try and unplug the amp and drive it around.
As mentioned - I usually drive with the stereo off anyway, and I'm pretty sure I can't hear anything but open to trying out different things.

Cabin pressure vents looked fine when I was installed the ASD. I read in another E92 forum post, that some persons had experienced this ears blocked sensation and it was due to their cabin pressure vents being installed the wrong way as their car was involved in a rear ender. I just wanted to make sure that wasn't my issue!

Going to cross fingers it's something more health related and could be due to my sinus playing up (which it never has like this - maybe getting old!)
Appreciate 0