12-19-2017, 05:47 AM   #1
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Australian BMW Classifieds

This may not be completely inline with normal forum etiquette, but as we are so isolated down here in Australia rarely do I see a local listing for parts on bimmerpost so seeking other suggestions where to look. Buying new from international is ok even with our terrible exchange rate but when you add shipping it becomes cost prohibitive. Shipping can exceed the cost of parts!

Is there some other community or sales site in Australia where people sell mods etc? The community is quite strong in the VW/Audi scene domestically.

Even if this were provided by PM would be very helpful.

Cheers

Last edited by specka; 12-19-2017 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 06:48 AM   #2
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

I'm not aware of any Australia specific sites unfortunately and apart from BMR Autowerkes and Southern Bmw i don't really know of any other large local bmw suppliers for new parts outside of the dealership network.

The odd 2nd hand part comes up now and again on the ///M Club Australia fb page, if you are not already a member you should check it out, it's great for everything M related and only M owners can join.

I do think however an Australia specific classified section for people to sell used parts would be handy on here like they have on 1addicts.
Appreciate 1
specka71.00
      12-19-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Thanks Prodigy Ill check out the sites you mentioned.

Agree that an Australian sub-forum for classified would be good though seems we might be in limited numbers on here
      12-19-2017, 10:32 PM   #4
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

In addition to the ///M Club Australia page that Prodigy has suggested, you could also try the two Facebook M2 groups - I've seen a few local (Australian) posts from folks selling stuff. The two groups that I'm part of are:
  1. BMW M2 Owners Group
  2. BMW F87 M2 Owners Club (I think that this is moderated by an Aussie?)

About half-ish of the posts in these groups are for products, so that'd suggest that you may get somewhere with selling your stuff.

Or just post in the AU section of this forum

I must admit that I've got stuff that I don't want (e.g. black grill surrounds) ... just never been that much bothered to sell it for the same reason you've identified

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 11:44 PM   #5
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
In addition to the ///M Club Australia page that Prodigy has suggested, you could also try the two Facebook M2 groups - I've seen a few local (Australian) posts from folks selling stuff. The two groups that I'm part of are:
  1. BMW F87 M2 Owners Club (I think that this is moderated by an Aussie?)

Cheers,
Yes a great M2 fb group, founded by an Aussie and the moderators are all Aussies.
Caters for international owners as well so a nice mix.
Appreciate 1
specka71.00