BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > HELP AK motion display Installation

07-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #45
328iking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

Another question. Is there a user manual for this?

Ie how do I peak recal and one of the options looks customisable but not sure how to customise it.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 12:45 PM   #46
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iking View Post

Ie how do I peak recal and one of the options looks customisable but not sure how to customise it.
I found a manual on the manufacturer website and a "wiki" with feature explanations.

DataDisplay.store
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 12:55 PM   #47
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:

http://wiki.ak-motion.com/index.php/en/user-manual
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #48
328iking
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
Quote:

http://wiki.ak-motion.com/index.php/en/user-manual
Page not recognised
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 01:31 PM   #49
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C

Here it is the manual

http://datadisplay.store/en/content/14-manual

Did you buy the display in the end?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 04:02 PM   #50
328iking
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prompt View Post
Here it is the manual

http://datadisplay.store/en/content/14-manual

Did you buy the display in the end?
Yeah I got it yesterday and installed it today. Very good bit of kit.

I have one issue with it. The framed trim has marks all over it, pics attached. Waiting for a response from the company I bought it off to resolve but In meantime I also contacted Burkhart. This is what he said (Thomas Gobs @ Burkhart)

"This happens during injection molding all frames more or less have it.
Please also find new frames at AK motion directly http://datadisplay.store/en/startsei...hmenmodell-f3x"

So instead of trying to rectifiy the issue i.e send me the newer trim to replace this defected one, they want me to spend another £50 to replace my brand new defected frame trim. So I said no cos it's faulty, then he said I need to speak to the company I purchased it from.

So a little bit annoyed by that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:38 AM   #51
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

I know is annoying,but I wouldn't worry too much
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #52
Wiss
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Need Help with AK Display OPF delete cable instalation

i am having difficulties installing the OPF delete cable that came with AK display to switch off the engine light after installing a down pipe on my car
appreciate if anyone can help
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 01:36 PM   #53
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiss View Post
i am having difficulties installing the OPF delete cable that came with AK display to switch off the engine light after installing a down pipe on my car
appreciate if anyone can help
Happy to help if I can but you need to be a little bit more specific man,
What's exactly the issue?

BTW the OPF delete feature is for OPF delete as the name suggests not for downpipe
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 04:16 AM   #54
Wiss
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

i have an Engine Check light after i replaced my down-pipe (error is about catalyst below norm)
i was recommended the Ak Motion with OPF delete cable to remove the code/fault.i installed the screen and connected as per the given instruction, however, the manual shows very little about the installation of the OPF cable.
i couldn't locate the (yellow) cable the manual is showing. so i lifted the car and i connected the OPF cable to the yellow cable going out of the sensor connected to the down-pipe sensor (lambda sensor) which created another fault, so i removed the connection and I reached out to the distributor that i bought the device which i am still waiting for his reply.
so i am seeking support on how/where to connect the OPF delete cable to remove the code
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 05:06 AM   #55
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiss View Post
i have an Engine Check light after i replaced my down-pipe (error is about catalyst below norm)
i was recommended the Ak Motion with OPF delete cable to remove the code/fault.i installed the screen and connected as per the given instruction, however, the manual shows very little about the installation of the OPF cable.
i couldn't locate the (yellow) cable the manual is showing. so i lifted the car and i connected the OPF cable to the yellow cable going out of the sensor connected to the down-pipe sensor (lambda sensor) which created another fault, so i removed the connection and I reached out to the distributor that i bought the device which i am still waiting for his reply.
so i am seeking support on how/where to connect the OPF delete cable to remove the code
I know the manual is not very specific about the OPF delete feature
I didn't install the OPF delete wires yet.
It seems very hard to reach the sensors and I have no way to lift the car home

What I can suggest you is check that you uploaded the latest firmware available when you get all the wires in place
Did you upload the firmware via laptop after install?

Last edited by prompt; 07-21-2020 at 05:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 05:27 AM   #56
Dutch Devotion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80M3 - M2 comp ETA 14.10.2019

It is a nice display but .......the UI for updating the firmware is so typical Germany.....argh. Unfortunately that is not a compliment. In stead of a push on the button, it is a tragically complicated way of doing things. I think I am allowed to say this as I've been working in/with German Utility providers the past 10 years . When you do it wrong (which you cannot really be blamed for) the display just turns black and you would need to start all over again. Been there done that.

It is also utterly frustrating to see that you would need to open the controller (void warranty according the manual) and solder the OPF delete wires yourself although they have been delivered in the same order, without pictures or a tutorial. In my case the display was on back order, meaning the controller was still to be produced, nevertheless I received it with a due firmware ?? Common guys!

All typically German to be honest.

I expect it to be running the next century without problems, that would also be pretty German LOL
Appreciate 1
prompt292.00
      07-21-2020, 05:50 AM   #57
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Devotion View Post
It is a nice display but .......the UI for updating the firmware is so typical Germany.....argh. Unfortunately that is not a compliment. In stead of a push on the button, it is a tragically complicated way of doing things. I think I am allowed to say this as I've been working in/with German Utility providers the past 10 years . When you do it wrong (which you cannot really be blamed for) the display just turns black and you would need to start all over again. Been there done that.

It is also utterly frustrating to see that you would need to open the controller (void warranty according the manual) and solder the OPF delete wires yourself although they have been delivered in the same order, without pictures or a tutorial. In my case the display was on back order, meaning the controller was still to be produced, nevertheless I received it with a due firmware ?? Common guys!

All typically German to be honest.

I expect it to be running the next century without problems, that would also be pretty German LOL
I understand what you're saying and I agree

Mine was already with the wires soldered when came from AK,I ordered it the same day they went for sale and he was nice to ship it to me with the OPF wire already in
Speak with Alexander he has been spot on with me
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 02:56 AM   #58
prompt
Car Designer
United Kingdom
Rep

Just a quick update from my side
I recently update the firmware with the 4.26 last version released,the car freaked out twice in a week trowing random codes from bonnet open to power train malfunction
Luckily I was not far from home

I just went back to 4.25 version
Hopefully will be more stable

Test Drive done and despite CEL is still on everything works fine except from clearing codes trough the screen,codes are still there and the screen is not able to clear them

[IMG]undefined[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2022, 02:03 PM   #59
Tinsta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1CSL

Grey connector pins..

Sorry to bump this old thread, I’m trying to install this on my rhd m4, but on the grey connector pins 18 &19 are empty.

Did you use any other pins on the grey connector? The blue one with pins 20 & 24 for power is fine.

Thanks