BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Is it me or m2 dont have bluetooth music?

03-17-2019, 10:45 AM   #23
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
Does bluetooth music with your phone has anything yo do with connected drive registration??
No, its part of the same unit but it works independently from Connectdrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #24
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPurrs View Post
..so you are saying now that it is NOT fully loaded?
Car play wasn't an option for July 2016 builds of the '17 model year. So I still consider it fully loaded minus the dct and sun roof.
      03-18-2019, 07:15 AM   #25
CTSean
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LCI BSM MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Car play wasn't an option for July 2016 builds of the '17 model year. So I still consider it fully loaded minus the dct and sun roof.
Doesn't that leave Exec package as the only option left? Also, OP's car doesn't have the Exec package so clearly not all Canadian M2s come "fully loaded"
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 08:48 AM   #26
McPurrs
The deuce gets loose
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 BSM 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSean View Post
Doesn't that leave Exec package as the only option left? Also, OP's car doesn't have the Exec package so clearly not all Canadian M2s come "fully loaded"
Exactly... a fully loaded M2 is what.. the exec package? LOL most of us have the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 09:56 AM   #27
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSean View Post
No, go to the BMW Canada website there is no option for exec package or not, just transmission sunroof, and apple car play. There are some little options like floor mats, cigarette lighters etc.

No choice of nav or no nav, heated seats, Bluetooth, speed limit display, that's all included.
      03-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #28
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

CTSean

To help clear things up for you.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1215065

This is for 2016, for 2017 they added more stuff when they bumped the price, I think that's the same for 2018, the smart phone package changed from 2016 - 2017.

As you can see the packages are really different for Canadian m2's vs USA spec.

Now in regards to options for the early 2017 m2 pre september there was no option for apple car play.

there was the enhanced smart phone connectivity package (extra USB port, support for second phone and connected drive app), sunroof, wireless phone charger + WiFi hotspot (SIM card slot). So yeah I guess depending if OP picked this it would classify as fully loaded or not. I looked at my m2 build sheet and I didn't pick the wifi hotspot, and extended start phone package so I don't have the 2nd USB port and wifi connected drive. So those were the little things I mentioned on the first page i didn't opt for (I said fully loaded minus sunroof, dct and some small little things). Bluetooth music streaming works fine for me without any coding.

So as you can see exec pack is included standard here in Canada, and since op is listed as from Canada I assumed he has a Canadian m2.
      03-18-2019, 02:03 PM   #29
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Hmm, so I just checked my settings. I actually don't have a "bluetooth audio" option when my Pixel 2 XL is connected. And my phone pairs fine to my bluetooth headphones, so I doubt it's a setting in my phone making it not work.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 04:00 PM   #30
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

I will give you an update after visit to dealership, they sure think its wrong with my bluetooth music. It says its connected but music dont come out of speakers. My phone also says uts connected but again same, music dont come out of speakers.

Yes, mine is canadian m2 so its well optioned.
Only things I dont have is sunroof, LED adaptive. I have extra usb by cigar jack on center console.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #31
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

For music to work over BT you must go to iPhone, start music app and select a song.

It will not start the music directly from the car.
Appreciate 1
qnet676.00
      03-18-2019, 05:43 PM   #32
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZWIE View Post
For music to work over BT you must go to iPhone, start music app and select a song.

^^^
This!

I was getting impatient reading through all the comments and no one mentioned this. To make the music stream through you have to select a song on the phone beforehand. From my experience, if you have cleared your resent apps in which the music app is included, the car will not play anything. You have to go to your phone and select something from there, then the next time you connect to the car, it will play whatever song you last played on your phone. From there you can skip forward & back and select whatever you want from within you music library depending on were you are in it.

This is one thing I don't like about BMW and their issue with Android. When I had my RS I could use android auto and play my music easily.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 06:09 PM   #33
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:

The people who are having issues here do not have iPhones.

And even still, that does not work.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 08:45 PM   #34
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
The people who are having issues here do not have iPhones.

And even still, that does not work.
Your IDrive Bluetooth menu looks different than mine so I can't speak for you, but the OP has an Iphone.

I'm into phones and have several, including an Iphone XS Max (that I actually just sold). All the Androids work that way. I have Apple carplay, but don't use it because you can only use their music app through it, and I use Google play music.

I had a Pixel XL 2 and it worked that way back when I had it, but my Idrive appears to be a newer version than yours. I don't know what the OP's Idrive version is or what year his M2 is, so maybe it just won't work, if it's the earlier version.

It's a bummer either way.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 08:58 PM   #35
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Yes, I am aware how its done and controlled. Once you hit play from iphone, it shows its playing but no sound from car speakers. I think its just my car acting weird. Maybe it needs software update, hopefully its a minor issue. Dont really want them to break apart the whole thing to solve this issue
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 09:01 PM   #36
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

The iDrive SHOULD support the spotify app, you might have to download it to iDrive as well as to your phone of course. Then you can start the music from iDrive by selecting Spotify in the iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 09:45 PM   #37
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
Your IDrive Bluetooth menu looks different than mine so I can't speak for you, but the OP has an Iphone.

I'm into phones and have several, including an Iphone XS Max (that I actually just sold). All the Androids work that way. I have Apple carplay, but don't use it because you can only use their music app through it, and I use Google play music.

I had a Pixel XL 2 and it worked that way back when I had it, but my Idrive appears to be a newer version than yours. I don't know what the OP's Idrive version is or what year his M2 is, so maybe it just won't work, if it's the earlier version.

It's a bummer either way.
What version do you have... this is mine. But my phone hasn't worked with 2019 BMWs we tried at the dealership too. But I'm going to the dealership tomorrow (they have to repaint my car because of imperfections) so I'll ask to update mine while it's there.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:41 PM   #38
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
What version do you have... this is mine. But my phone hasn't worked with 2019 BMWs we tried at the dealership too. But I'm going to the dealership tomorrow (they have to repaint my car because of imperfections) so I'll ask to update mine while it's there.

Hmmm, I just noticed you have an 18 M2 like myself, so now I'm not sure why yours wouldn't work. I'm at work now, but I will try to post my version tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 11:27 PM   #39
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
Hmmm, I just noticed you have an 18 M2 like myself, so now I'm not sure why yours wouldn't work. I'm at work now, but I will try to post my version tomorrow.
Take your time. My car is going back in the shop tomorrow, and if things play out like they did in the past, I won't be seeing it again for two months or more. So I won't be able to look into this more anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 03:36 AM   #40
gkellecioglu
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M2

I do have same problem. I have 2017 LCI M2 and Sony Xperia XZ Android phone. it looks perfectly connected via bluetooth for phone and audio both on vehicle's idrive menu and phone's menu but I never get the music playing from the vehicle. event I visisted the dealer for this but they couldnt say anything clear. I have also wanted to try it through Connected Drive but I am not able to identfy where I can find spotify to install in the car. when I start playing music from the phone, nothing happens at vehicle speakers. From the media menu when I choose my phone between choices of Saved Stations-FM-CD/DVD-Usb, I receive the message no bluetooth audio device found however in idrive and phone I can see it is connected for music/media as well. Iphone can connect immediately and play without any problems. What a frusturation. I do have Opel Insignia for company vehicle and it perfectly does everything so easily regardless Andorid/iphone.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 06:38 AM   #41
dasblack
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Is it just me or when music is played over Bluetooth with the phone, the volume is not as loud compared to radio?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #42
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep

Update: bmw dealership had my car for 3 days and couldnt figure it out. They said they are waiting to hear from bmw. Wtf is wrong??? I am picking my m2 regardless
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 10:39 AM   #43
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkellecioglu View Post
I do have same problem. I have 2017 LCI M2 and Sony Xperia XZ Android phone. it looks perfectly connected via bluetooth for phone and audio both on vehicle's idrive menu and phone's menu but I never get the music playing from the vehicle. event I visisted the dealer for this but they couldnt say anything clear. I have also wanted to try it through Connected Drive but I am not able to identfy where I can find spotify to install in the car. when I start playing music from the phone, nothing happens at vehicle speakers. From the media menu when I choose my phone between choices of Saved Stations-FM-CD/DVD-Usb, I receive the message no bluetooth audio device found however in idrive and phone I can see it is connected for music/media as well. Iphone can connect immediately and play without any problems. What a frusturation. I do have Opel Insignia for company vehicle and it perfectly does everything so easily regardless Andorid/iphone.
Yes, that's exactly my experience as well. 2018 M2 w/ Pixel 2XL. I have some older phones I'm gonna charge up and try today.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 10:41 AM   #44
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
Update: bmw dealership had my car for 3 days and couldnt figure it out. They said they are waiting to hear from bmw. Wtf is wrong??? I am picking my m2 regardless
Sorry to hear that. However, I'm also glad to see other people are having this issue too. Hopefully the more people the are, the more attention is brought to it so a solution is found.
Appreciate 0