BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > To people with the Voristeiner Front Lip

03-13-2019, 08:45 AM   #1
farcus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 AW DCT

To people with the Voristeiner Front Lip

Can you tell me how much front clearance do you have? Are you on stock or aftermarket suspension? Reason Im asking is that Houston roads SUCKS horribly and I want to see what's the likelihood of me fucking up or messing up the lip. Also if the clearance is really bad I might just get a replica for cheaper cause why spent 1.5k on a lip to only get it destroy in a year or two.
Appreciate 1
maddoc158.00
      03-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
PilotxERAU
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by farcus View Post
Can you tell me how much front clearance do you have? Are you on stock or aftermarket suspension? Reason Im asking is that Houston roads SUCKS horribly and I want to see what's the likelihood of me fucking up or messing up the lip. Also if the clearance is really bad I might just get a replica for cheaper cause why spent 1.5k on a lip to only get it destroy in a year or two.
You will wreak it at about a 95% probability. I went with the Vor rear diffuser and wanted the matching front lip but decided against it after I put a cheap lip on the front that was less aggressive (did not hang as low) as the Vor and I ripped that puppy off after a couple months and I was being careful but it only takes one miscalculation. I am not slammed by any means I have the Dinan coilovers so I am bout .75 inch lower front and closer to 1" rear than stock.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #3
farcus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotxERAU View Post
Quote:
You will wreak it at about a 95% probability. I went with the Vor rear diffuser and wanted the matching front lip but decided against it after I put a cheap lip on the front that was less aggressive (did not hang as low) as the Vor and I ripped that puppy off after a couple months and I was being careful but it only takes one miscalculation. I am not slammed by any means I have the Dinan coilovers so I am bout .75 inch lower front and closer to 1" rear than stock.
So what's a good alternative for a big city w one of the shittiest road in the nation? Potholes, uneven roads and everything? Only sturdy lip I research is lightweight.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #4
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Quote:
So what's a good alternative for a big city w one of the shittiest road in the nation? Potholes, uneven roads and everything? Only sturdy lip I research is lightweight.
Also in Houston, streets in this city are worse than a dirt road in a 3rd world country. At the same time, I'm installing coilovers this weekend...

I'd go with lightweight or an ebay knock-off, it'll get destroyed soon anyway and then you can buy another. My buddy drives a lowered 997 and is on his 3rd front lip this year. Just buys $100 ebay knockoffs every few months.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 02:12 PM   #5
///Cardia
///M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55 F87

I'm lowered on Eibach springs. I had mine for literally 2 weeks back when I lived overseas. I lost it on the way to Venice Airport smh.

My advice would be if you're lowered, be very cautious with high speed driving. Otherwise, if you're stock height, happy driving.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 02:43 PM   #6
aldenaldenalden
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

I don't have the vorsteiner lip, but I did go with the MP lip for my M2C and am lowered about 1" in front and .8" rear.

Tbh, as long as you're diligent about avoiding road hazards, you should be fine in Houston. I've only mildly scraped when going up/down certain steep (and narrow) driveways and some taller speed bumps. But ordinary driving is business as usual for me.

That said, I specifically went for the MP lip instead of waiting for a 'CS' style lip, since the less aggressive lip corners are easier to deal with for daily driving. Lips with corners that extend further outward would reduce angle of incline you can safely take on, especially when lowered.

For peace of mind, you can try the acexxon lip guard that IND offers. Thats what I went with and it's definitely saved my lip when it would have otherwise scraped.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 08:02 PM   #7
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

I have the vorsteiner splitter...also have Ohlins R&T. Have had both since I got the car a year ago. *disclaimer* car is parked for the winter.
No dings, scrapes or nicks on the lip. Couple key tricks to mitigate...always reverse into parking...angle down driveways/slopes...steer around animals and small children...you know...the usual for a lowered car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 03:01 AM   #8
eeyang92
Captain
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
I have the vorsteiner splitter...also have Ohlins R&T. Have had both since I got the car a year ago. *disclaimer* car is parked for the winter.
No dings, scrapes or nicks on the lip. Couple key tricks to mitigate...always reverse into parking...angle down driveways/slopes...steer around animals and small children...you know...the usual for a lowered car.
I must say, I've had a hard time finding pics of the vorsteiner lip on LBB, do you have any other shots?

Out of all of them so far, I think I like this one the most, but it is quite expensive (especially if you break it ).
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 04:51 PM   #9
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyang92 View Post
I must say, I've had a hard time finding pics of the vorsteiner lip on LBB, do you have any other shots?

Out of all of them so far, I think I like this one the most, but it is quite expensive (especially if you break it ).
lots of pics on my IG account @f87lci ...go nuts!
Appreciate 1
eeyang92318.50
      04-20-2019, 12:00 AM   #10
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

If I can go back from the begin, with my Vorsteiner Front lip I would not drop the car....
Clear bra it and find a under protect skin ///
Love the Vorsteiner stuff ///

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 05:41 PM   #11
eeyang92
Captain
Rep

I just purchased a knock-off vortsteiner splitter, we'll see how it looks and fits.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #12
farcus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I just purchased a knock-off vortsteiner splitter, we'll see how it looks and fits.
Pic update? where? I might just get a knock off lol
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 12:59 AM   #13
eeyang92
Captain
Rep

Quote:
It was this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-F87-M2-...QAAOSw7yZbSkYw

I'll get some pics tomorrow when it's bright out, but it definitely makes the car much more aggressive.

I believe this guy is either reselling or making a clone-of-a-clone, as I think there is the "official" version here: https://www.carbon-addiction.com/ind...bon-front-lip/

Either way, I mounted it without any issues. There were no instructions and you have to drill into your bumper. Also, you may need to purchase additional double-sided tape as there wasn't enough included in the kit - I happened to have some on hand. Also, the tape they provide is not very sticky, so if possible, I'd just buy 2 rolls of super-sticky double sided tape (one thin and one thick, width-wise) and use that. If you've mounted a spoiler before, you'll probably be familiar with the process (minus the drilling part).

Drove it for the first time after mounting it, so far so good and no scapes lol. But there were a few moments where there was clenching involved, I need to get used to the lower clearance (as my car is already lowered).
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #14
farcus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'll get some pics tomorrow when it's bright out, but it definitely makes the car much more aggressive.

I believe this guy is either reselling or making a clone-of-a-clone, as I think there is the "official" version here: https://www.carbon-addiction.com/ind...bon-front-lip/

Either way, I mounted it without any issues. There were no instructions and you have to drill into your bumper. Also, you may need to purchase additional double-sided tape as there wasn't enough included in the kit - I happened to have some on hand. Also, the tape they provide is not very sticky, so if possible, I'd just buy 2 rolls of super-sticky double sided tape (one thin and one thick, width-wise) and use that. If you've mounted a spoiler before, you'll probably be familiar with the process (minus the drilling part).

Drove it for the first time after mounting it, so far so good and no scapes lol. But there were a few moments where there was clenching involved, I need to get used to the lower clearance (as my car is already lowered).
How does the sides look? Most replica it's usually the side fangs that look awkward or gives it away it seems. You think stock spring/suspension should be ok ?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 04:18 AM   #15
eeyang92
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How does the sides look? Most replica it's usually the side fangs that look awkward or gives it away it seems. You think stock spring/suspension should be ok ?
It looks alright from the side, I'm sure the authentic piece looks better haha, but tbh I wouldn't be able to tell. Most of the impression is from the front view. You'll be 100% fine on stock springs - running lowered + lip is a bit challenging, I'm constantly looking out for dips in the road.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 10:35 AM   #16
farcus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Damn the front is so mean! Too bad the vendor is out of stock ughh
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 11:50 AM   #17
eeyang92
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, if you look around you'll find the same lip floating around ebay under different sellers, but they are all selling at MSRP (or close to)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 01:54 PM   #18
Dexon
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 F87

Quote:
if you don't lower the car you will be fine, the car will look lowered with this front lip also im running on 20" so no issue at all.

This is my second front lip because the first one fell after driving up to 150+, so i bought it again.

And true is that this will give a different look to the car, more aggressive
Attached Images

Appreciate 0