BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Recommendations on products for self care

02-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #1
hyperrift
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Recommendations on products for self care

Hi, I have a 2019 M2C.

I'm very new to maintaining a car, I just owned a 2002 cvic without taking care of it.

I'd like some suggestions for products and tools for the following:

1) Wash solution
2) Exterior trim care (rubber around windows, etc)
3) Wheel care
4) Interior leather care
5) Interior dashboard and trim
6) Floor mats
7) Window cleaning or coating

If I'm missing anything important there feel free to add on.

If anyone can suggest a basic kit of components to purchase that would help me take good care of the car myself I'd appreciate it. I like taking it to have a professional do it but that gets expensive.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 04:30 PM   #2
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Take a look at PanTheOrganizer and Obsessed Garage. Both YouTube channels for the detailing enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 06:08 PM   #3
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Loot at Groit’s Garage. They have all the products you will need. My go to company for car care products and a BMWCCA sponsor.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/?code=P...SAAEgJVVfD_BwE
Appreciate 1
srwatters146.00
      02-25-2019, 09:20 PM   #4
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Here is some of what I use. I sometimes alternate products to try different things but here what I like to use. Worth noting that the type/brand of products here isn’t the most critical thing to consider. Technique will get you a lot further. Highly recommend a 2-bucket method. There are plenty of resources on how to wash your car. Chemical Guys and Adams have great YouTube channels with tips/tricks from the manufacturing side. Also Ammo NYC has some great videos as well.

1) Wash solution - Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam or Adams Ultra Foam Wash, slight nod to CG here.
2) Exterior trim care (rubber around windows, etc) - Adams VRT for rubber including tires. I like a matte look and it doesn’t appear “wet”.
3) Wheel care - Sonax Full Effect
4) Interior leather care - Carpro for cleaning. Use their semi permanent leather coating for protection.
5) Interior dashboard and trim - Adams Interior cleaner (looks matte, not shiny)
6) Floor mats - Dyson Handheld Vac with car attachments
7) Window cleaning or coating - Whatever I have laying around for the cleaning but for the coating I used Dr Beason Glass IQ for hydrophobic properties

Last car I used both Cquartz UK and Adams coating. For the M2C going to use Gtechniqs Crystal Serum system, but can’t comment to it’s effectiveness or ease of use yet.
Appreciate 0