BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Fabspeed Sport cat downpipe and muffler bypass exhaust

01-29-2019, 03:01 PM   #1
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

Fabspeed Sport cat downpipe and muffler bypass exhaust

I know there are few reviews and videos floating around out there of this setup, but figured I would add my short review to the mix. My car is a 2018 M2 DCT.

I ordered the setup a few weeks back and dealt with Alec Acuff at Fabspeed. Told me the build out process would take a couple weeks and he would be in touch. He got a hold of me last week and scheduled me for my install yesterday. It took about 4 hours. The technician was a stickler about the fitment, so it looks perfect. If you decide on getting this setup and can make the drive to fabspeed, it's worth your time! The showroom is really nice (kind of like the ultimate man cave) and the staff is really nice. I was given a tour of the facility as well. My 5YO son was out sick from school and had to come with me and they made him feel right at home.

Driving impressions and sound:
There is not a crazy noticable difference in the power or power delivery. The car feels maybe a hair bit peppier and turbo sounds like it spools very quickly. I have heard people complain about "drone" at certain rpms...I would say there is some exhaust resonance around 3k rpm, but I like it. I guess its completely subjective. As far as sound goes...I think it sounds pretty sinister. At idle the car has a nice low rumble, nothing obnoxious at all. When you get into it though...it sounds fantastic! I drove it in comfort and sport...and in sport I did get quite a few crackles and pops. I think in sport + there would be even more, but with the cold temps in this area and on these tires I wasnt in the mood to go further reduced nanny to find out. The cold start sounded fantastic too (it was a fairly cold start...it had been started about 30 mins earlier for testing). Overall I'm very pleased with the setup, especially at under $3000 installed. I've included a short video clip.

Last edited by Slowphiveo; 01-29-2019 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 06:28 PM   #2
Cornally
Rep
Drives: '18 BMW M2

Nice! Do you have any plans for a tune? These guys are only 2.5 hours away...hmm.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 07:04 PM   #3
Slowphiveo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornally View Post
Nice! Do you have any plans for a tune? These guys are only 2.5 hours away...hmm.
No tune at this point. I think I'm ok with my warranty with just the downpipe and exhaust. If I go the tune route then the warranty will be a problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 11:48 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Nice

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0