BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Owner Topic - MR from Czech Republic - M2 CSL Turbomeister Edition revealed

03-16-2019, 06:33 AM   #441
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

I wouldn't have expected anything less
Appreciate 1
M2C_PLUS1774.00
      03-22-2019, 06:08 PM   #442
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
M2(C) meet done today! You will find the photos here:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...5#post24554185

MR
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M2GT120.00
Karmic Man1996.00
Poochie9103.00
      03-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #443
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Today's fun! First a wonderfully organized track day at Most in Czech Republic which showcased how crap the stock M Sport brake kit is on track. What a disgrace BMW M! One lap and I was pushing a sponge, not a brake pedal. Yeah, I know I am taking a street pad onto a race track, but can I at least expect a lot more from an upgrade M Sport kit than one lap and brakes feeling like a sponge.

Second part of the day included a lot of wheel chances on a professional drift car and then doing my own drifts. You will find all the stories on my Instagram. Photo below was taken after we drifted the cars into their photo spot. (We turned our wheels to make the photo nice )

All in all, I love the M2C. The balance and steering of this thing is so wonderful. It is a blast to drive and handle in all kinds of circumstances. Everything what a M car should be! You only need to fit decent brake pads, brake lines and oil, and add a decent exhaust. All the rest is extra and nice, but not really needed IMO.

MR
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
epic133.50
M2GT120.00
Karmic Man1996.00
Poochie9103.00
      03-30-2019, 04:07 AM   #444
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Looks like a fun day MR.

BMW and their chocolate brake pads again.

I've got a full set of RS29 to go on when i get half a day spare....
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #445
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Yesterday I drove from Czech Republic via Germany to the Netherlands. A relatively empty Autobahn made sure that I could hit 266 kmh (the Vmax limiter) a few times. First time I could do this running new summer tires and having the car run-in. It is interesting to see how BMW has limited the performance in higher gears.

You get (my Awron display said 421 hp and 561 Nm) full performance in 5th gear when doing higher speeds. Do the same in 6th or 7th, and you have a lot less oomph. I only reached 380 hp in 7th gear. It seems they limit the torque to protect the gearbox, at least I heard something about this today from my tuner.

Additionally, it is really clear how the car feels throttled down in higher revs. There is so much more that the engine could give you. You feel it, and if you know the M3/M4 well, then you immediately feel the difference. The absolute top end power is what it could give you, but we have seen this on dyno graphs. Remove the limiter and give it more power via a tune, and you have a different car especially at the top end. This thing should easily do 300 kmh.

Most noticeable difference for me was the stable nature of the car. The OG M2 is a lot more busy at high speed than the M2C. The M2 is a lot more restless than the M2C. For me this was the most interesting difference. Driving at top speed was a lot more stable. The vibration you get from the exhaust with the catless set up is absolutely manic at 266 kmh. The vibration (which feels quite in place with the whole experience) through your seat makes you wonder what a female co-driver would have felt. You could imagine it as quite an "orgasmic experience", so to speak.

Today I had the chance to install my own Eventuri carbon intake in my BMW M2 Competition here in the Netherlands at Eventuri dealer Beek Auto Racing. As mentioned on my Instagram stories, where I shared the complete installation process, the kit is from the highest quality. The fitment is sublime and second to none.

The installation it self is a piece of cake and anyone can do it themselves when they have a bit of technical knowledge and set of brains capable of thinking with logic. I loved how the right hand filter tube goes in between the fan housing and the strut brace, and the way the venturi's fit in so brilliantly.

While driving you are able to hear a nice sizzling noise from under the hood. Not all the time and with my exhaust I do not often hear it. Now let's see how much extra hp this kit will produce. 421 hp was the max I got before the installation!

Thanks Imran@Evolve

Oh and washed the car as well
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 04-01-2019 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 5
Karlosm2c290.50
M2GT120.00
CrazyK104.50
      04-02-2019, 05:00 AM   #446
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Yesterday I drove from Czech Republic via Germany to the Netherlands. A relatively empty Autobahn made sure that I could hit 266 kmh (the Vmax limiter) a few times. First time I could do this running new summer tires and having the car run-in. It is interesting to see how BMW has limited the performance in higher gears.

You get (my Awron display said 421 hp and 561 Nm) full performance in 5th gear when doing higher speeds. Do the same in 6th or 7th, and you have a lot less oomph. I only reached 380 hp in 7th gear. It seems they limit the torque to protect the gearbox, at least I heard something about this today from my tuner.

Additionally, it is really clear how the car feels throttled down in higher revs. There is so much more that the engine could give you. You feel it, and if you know the M3/M4 well, then you immediately feel the difference. The absolute top end power is what it could give you, but we have seen this on dyno graphs. Remove the limiter and give it more power via a tune, and you have a different car especially at the top end. This thing should easily do 300 kmh.

Most noticeable difference for me was the stable nature of the car. The OG M2 is a lot more busy at high speed than the M2C. The M2 is a lot more restless than the M2C. For me this was the most interesting difference. Driving at top speed was a lot more stable. The vibration you get from the exhaust with the catless set up is absolutely manic at 266 kmh. The vibration (which feels quite in place with the whole experience) through your seat makes you wonder what a female co-driver would have felt. You could imagine it as quite an "orgasmic experience", so to speak.

Today I had the chance to install my own Eventuri carbon intake in my BMW M2 Competition here in the Netherlands at Eventuri dealer Beek Auto Racing. As mentioned on my Instagram stories, where I shared the complete installation process, the kit is from the highest quality. The fitment is sublime and second to none.

The installation it self is a piece of cake and anyone can do it themselves when they have a bit of technical knowledge and set of brains capable of thinking with logic. I loved how the right hand filter tube goes in between the fan housing and the strut brace, and the way the venturi's fit in so brilliantly.

While driving you are able to hear a nice sizzling noise from under the hood. Not all the time and with my exhaust I do not often hear it. Now let's see how much extra hp this kit will produce. 421 hp was the max I got before the installation!

Thanks Imran@Evolve

Glad you like it! Look forward to results of your testing.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 04:23 AM   #447
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I ordered Online Entertainment last night via the BMW Connected Drive platform. Somehow I managed to order it on a Czech car, which is normally not possible.

The service is not available in CZ, but it is across Europe in other countries, so I will download the music in Germany and other countries, and listen to it in Czech Republic since the music is stored on my internal drive.

Best possible way to make it happen!

MR
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 12:21 PM   #448
CJ41BIG
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:

Thanks Imran@Evolve

Hi Marc,

what exhaust configuration did you make this trip?

Linkpipe+slipon or full with downpipe?

Please detail the noise level on the road and how the sound kit works, which is included in the price of the linkpipe Akra..... ... and if is possible rewrite Ecu (with no opf file) after the new BMW software updates.

Thank you!

Gabriel B.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #449
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ41BIG View Post
Hi Marc,

Please detail the noise level on the road and how the sound kit works, which is included in the price of the linkpipe Akra..... ... and if is possible rewrite Ecu (with no opf file) after the new BMW software updates.

Thank you!

Gabriel B.
I have it all right now! Link pipe + Slip-on + catless downpipes

The noise level on the road now is mental... Complete and utter mental. It is freaking loud and massively asbo.

The sound kit was introduced to control the flap in a more gentle and proper way. Less abrupt so to speak. The new kit monitors the flap control by the ECU and makes sure that it is opened and closed at the right moment allowing for the best possible audible experience.

It is not possible to rewrite the ECU after the BMW update is done! You need another solution for that.

MR
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #450
CJ41BIG
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Marc,

Thank you!

Gabriel B.
I have it all right now! Link pipe + Slip-on + catless downpipes

The noise level on the road now is mental... Complete and utter mental. It is freaking loud and massively asbo.

The sound kit was introduced to control the flap in a more gentle and proper way. Less abrupt so to speak. The new kit monitors the flap control by the ECU and makes sure that it is opened and closed at the right moment allowing for the best possible audible experience.

It is not possible to rewrite the ECU after the BMW update is done! You need another solution for that.

MR

Are you going to keep this configuration for the street? ... how do you solve with the police in Germany or other Western countries? ... you close the flaps and done? do you go unnoticed?
... ..and especially how you feel after a full day of driving, are you still human in all your minds?

I ask you that I want to order linkpipe from akra and I wonder if I do not burn one step and to take linkpipe and DP ..... but I wait for your solution to opf delete

please detail!!! there are other euro-interested people

P.S: we are hilarious with the euro rules..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #451
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Are you going to keep this configuration for the street? ... how do you solve with the police in Germany or other Western countries? ... you close the flaps and done? do you go unnoticed?
... ..and especially how you feel after a full day of driving, are you still human in all your minds?

I ask you that I want to order linkpipe from akra and I wonder if I do not burn one step and to take linkpipe and DP ..... but I wait for your solution to opf delete

please detail!!! there are other euro-interested people

P.S: we are hilarious with the euro rules..
For now I am keeping it! I haven't had an issue with the noise at all! Nobody has pulled me over yet. I can close the valve and nobody knows I have catless downpipes and a noisy exhaust.

It is totally fine on long drives. I drove in 6h45m from CZ to NL and all was well. I stepped out like I would on any drive. As long as you keep the valve closed it is totally normal and you can cruise normally.

Of course, if you go fully WOT, then you are like W T F what a sound track, and you feel the vibrations through your seat. It is pretty mental without the cats, but the great thing is that you can fully drive it normally with valves closed and as long you as you stay under 4K rpm without doing WOT. The valves then stay closed. Keep it in D-mode and efficient, and you are fine!

MR
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 10:04 AM   #452
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Back for another update! So far I have been driving more and more on the autobahn doing decent speeds and cruising at like 240+ kmh. Normal on certain German highways.

Interesting to see that have a some increase horsepower after the Eventuri carbon fiber intake was fitted. Nothing out of the ordinary, only a few hp and about 10 Nm more which is shown on the Awron display.

Other than that did more drifting at Spring Event. You might have seen some of the photos on my Instagram. I shared a few below. Enjoyed it a lot and I will be back on track doing more on the 25th.

This week I will switch my pads on the M2C for Pagid RS29 and get some Tarox brake fluid to see how this goes on track. I hope it is a lot better than I had.

In the meantime, still waiting for my AST Suspension kit and the BBS FI-R, while also trying to find an option to find a way to install the carbon roof on my car. Oh and I might paint the section between both grilles at the front in the colour of the car.

MR
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M2GT120.00
      04-17-2019, 04:05 AM   #453
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
To celebrate our ownership of M2 and M2C's, I decided to use my network and come up with an event which has a maximum of 15 spots and offers you guys unique access into the world of BMW and BMW M.

You can read all about it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9e3ho51xr...Um7zdx3-UbXo7k

I am aware that the period in July might not be the best for all of you. I already asked a few people and seems the whole world has planned family holidays around that time. Still I wanted to share it here with you guys, so that you have an idea what I came up with.

The cost are set and based around decent hotels including a trained person from Ultimate Drives who arranges the whole event for us. You could call him your guide who is available for questions and who will be assisting us anywhere this is required. I felt like making a proper event so that I got the right kind of support from BMW, BMW M and BMW Welt.

Let me know if this kind of event is of interest to you guys. I can move it around the year to make it more available for anyone. For those asking, I am not making any cash on this. My entry is offered for free by Ultimate Drives in return for the many hours I had to put into setting it all up last few months. In the end, I am really open about that and I hope you understand that.

Any questions, please let me know!
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 04-17-2019 at 04:10 AM..
Appreciate 2
M2GT120.00
akkando5861.50
      04-18-2019, 05:38 AM   #454
Bloodynine
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
To celebrate our ownership of M2 and M2C's, I decided to use my network and come up with an event which has a maximum of 15 spots and offers you guys unique access into the world of BMW and BMW M.

You can read all about it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9e3ho51xr...Um7zdx3-UbXo7k

I am aware that the period in July might not be the best for all of you. I already asked a few people and seems the whole world has planned family holidays around that time. Still I wanted to share it here with you guys, so that you have an idea what I came up with.

The cost are set and based around decent hotels including a trained person from Ultimate Drives who arranges the whole event for us. You could call him your guide who is available for questions and who will be assisting us anywhere this is required. I felt like making a proper event so that I got the right kind of support from BMW, BMW M and BMW Welt.

Let me know if this kind of event is of interest to you guys. I can move it around the year to make it more available for anyone. For those asking, I am not making any cash on this. My entry is offered for free by Ultimate Drives in return for the many hours I had to put into setting it all up last few months. In the end, I am really open about that and I hope you understand that.

Any questions, please let me know!
Hi Marc,

Thanks for putting this together - sounds great! I've Just provisionally signed up for this subject to dates (the July dates work for me).
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 04:48 PM   #455
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodynine View Post
Hi Marc,

Thanks for putting this together - sounds great! I've Just provisionally signed up for this subject to dates (the July dates work for me).
Excellent! Did you email Ultimate Drives?

MR
Appreciate 1
M2GT120.00
      04-19-2019, 02:06 AM   #456
Bloodynine
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Excellent! Did you email Ultimate Drives?

MR
Yep and they have provisionally booked me on the trip
Appreciate 1
MR.4398.00
      04-19-2019, 02:18 AM   #457
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

MR,
Wondering if you have done anything to prevent Crank Hub failure on the s55.

If so who did you go with and what did the work entail? Meaning 1 piece or 2 piece etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 05:04 PM   #458
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
MR, Wondering if you have done anything to prevent Crank Hub failure on the s55.

If so who did you go with and what did the work entail? Meaning 1 piece or 2 piece etc.
Nothing yet! I haven't made a decision yet what to do... It is all up in the air right now. I might do the Litchfield solution, but I want to dive into it more to have a clear insight what it means and if it could happen even after that particular fix.

MR
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 05:13 PM   #459
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Nothing yet! I haven't made a decision yet what to do... It is all up in the air right now. I might do the Litchfield solution, but I want to dive into it more to have a clear insight what it means and if it could happen even after that particular fix.

MR
The VTT spline lock solution makes it literally impossible for the issue to occur.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 08:23 PM   #460
Commanderwiggin
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C - X3M - Turbo E46 M3 - 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
The VTT spline lock solution makes it literally impossible for the issue to occur.
The VTT solution has already been proven to fail and is not a solution to consider.
      04-19-2019, 10:17 PM   #461
M2C_PLUS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

MR
Have a read about the VVT...

https://www.litchfieldmotors.com/blo...rank-hub-issue
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 11:01 PM   #462
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

MR
Have a read about the VVT...

https://www.litchfieldmotors.com/blo...rank-hub-issue
interesting that all of the other threads say it's a solid solution, but their only competitor says it's not. But they seem like a reputable place, so I dunno.

oh well. I guess you have to just pick one and hope for the best. I also remember reading that Litchfield wasn't offering to sell their solution, and only offered to do the work themselves, which sucks for any one not local to them.

By the time my warranty is out, hopefully there will be a more definitive answer, but probably not since this has been going on for years now.
Appreciate 0