BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Anyone Come From A Jaguar F-Type

03-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #1
Nitromkv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Supra A91 MT, 23 Braptor

Anyone Come From A Jaguar F-Type

So about 3 1/2 Months ago I got 2016 F-Type V6S AWD Convertible, I love the car but its already been in the shop collectively for a month if not over. And driving Diesel XE's sucks, Let alone getting loaners is hard, Under 21 . The car looks amazing, sounds amazing, Love the way it drives. Even though AWD, and Convertible are new to me I've definitely like it. But in the last 3 months (all covered under warranty) It has has had both cats replaced, the Catback has been replaced twice and then they damaged the tips the second time, Fuel filler issue, Audio issue, injectors went bad, Headlight was having issues. and right now its back in the Shop for what I believe is another Bad Cat. I think the M2 is an awesome car but I'm a little worried I'll miss the creature comforts of the Fully loaded Jag, car stickers at 101! Thank god for Depreciation. Has anyone made the switch or had both? I was looking at 17/18 CPO's Leaning towards Manual, But depends what I find. How does the M2 take to hard driving, not abuse, but will definitely be pushed hard and tracked? Is there a big difference between Dash and Light between the LCI and Pre LCI? any help would be appreciated really stumped on what to do (total first world Problem) by the way, it would be a DD, and not doing anything that voids warranty mod wise. Also to add, I live in South Florida, no windy roads, no tight roads, a lot of highway driving.

Last edited by Nitromkv; 03-13-2019 at 10:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I've got a 17 SVR vert, and it feels gigantic. It's fun for cruising, crazy stable at high speed, and very nice on the inside. It doesn't feel tossible, and im also bored of the paddle shifters. Plan to get a 6mt CS.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 03:42 PM   #3
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

I came from a V6 Coupe. It had a couple of panel fit issues around the bonnet (which were sorted), and once managed to immobilise itself on the drive due to a dodgy earth connection. But that was it.

In three years it never failed to look or feel special to drive, and got lots of space in carparks as people wanted to look at it.

Seriously impractical though. Although I'm not subjecting the M2 to the full abuse of the daily driver, it can at least accommodate same. The F-type - while looking and sounding fabulous - could never do that.

Sorry to hear about your issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #4
Nitromkv
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
I came from a V6 Coupe. It had a couple of panel fit issues around the bonnet (which were sorted), and once managed to immobilise itself on the drive due to a dodgy earth connection. But that was it.

In three years it never failed to look or feel special to drive, and got lots of space in carparks as people wanted to look at it.

Seriously impractical though. Although I'm not subjecting the M2 to the full abuse of the daily driver, it can at least accommodate same. The F-type - while looking and sounding fabulous - could never do that.

Sorry to hear about your issues.
Do you miss the F-type, I love the looks and attention it gets, looks like a true supercar, but I want a fun tossable car as well. Would you do the switch?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #5
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

I will leave this here and it's pretty obvious as to what I ended up getting. The only reason I wish I had gotten the F TYPE is because of the looks and the attention it would have likely gotten as opposed to the M2. In every other way, the M2 is a superior car and those reasons alone are quite superficial which is why I opted the way I did.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4#post24508384
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 07:21 AM   #6
Nitromkv
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
I will leave this here and it's pretty obvious as to what I ended up getting. The only reason I wish I had gotten the F TYPE is because of the looks and the attention it would have likely gotten as opposed to the M2. In every other way, the M2 is a superior car and those reasons alone are quite superficial which is why I opted the way I did.

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4#post24508384
Thank you so much that definitely helped
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #7
dcmac
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 LCI M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipberk View Post
. How does the M2 take to hard driving, not abuse, but will definitely be pushed hard and tracked? ...Also to add, I live in South Florida, no windy roads, no tight roads, a lot of highway driving.
It is a fantastic track car and a great daily.

Highway driving is my only real criticism of my M2, with the 6MT the 6th gear is too short which leaves you cruising at 3500rpm or thereabouts when going 80-85mph - good in that you are on boost and ready to pass anyone, but very tiresome and loud when you just want to chill and eat up some miles. Not sure if the DCT has the same problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #8
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmac View Post
It is a fantastic track car and a great daily.

Highway driving is my only real criticism of my M2, with the 6MT the 6th gear is too short which leaves you cruising at 3500rpm or thereabouts when going 80-85mph - good in that you are on boost and ready to pass anyone, but very tiresome and loud when you just want to chill and eat up some miles. Not sure if the DCT has the same problem.
DCT at 80 is like at 2500 RPM I think, so no.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #9
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipberk View Post
Do you miss the F-type, I love the looks and attention it gets, looks like a true supercar, but I want a fun tossable car as well. Would you do the switch?
I find myself looking for my old car online, so...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 10:33 PM   #10
Nitromkv
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
I find myself looking for my old car online, so...
err, This is definitely one of the Hardest Decisions I've had to make ( Ik first world Problem) I think I need to go drive an m2 a bunch, But you said you had a v6 coupe, was it a base 340? because Im coming from a loaded 380...
Appreciate 0