BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California > SF: M2C Living

03-20-2019, 12:51 AM   #1
seanhaus
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

SF: M2C Living

Hey everyone,

After a few years of retreat in Colorado, my wife and I are moving back to San Francisco in a few weeks. We’re both excited to be closer to friends and jobs, but it also goes without saying, I’m wondering how the M2 fairs in the Bay.

I work downtown and commute strictly via bus or BART during the week, so the cars are strictly for weekend use. That said, are there any particularly problematic spots or areas to watch out for? We were car less last time we lived here, so it will be a learning experience to say the least. However, I’m really looking forward to hitting the roads in the AM over weekends and sneaking in some track time.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 03:24 AM   #2
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

If you already lived here you might be already in the know about the great driving roads around . Hwy 84 hwy 35 Marin county Mendocino county redwood road hwy 1 hwy 9 and so on . The hills might be a problem since they have stop signs on steep grade. Hope you have a garage because it's easy for cars on street to get vandalized. We also have sonoma Laguna Seca thunderhillraceway and buttonwillow if you like to track
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 06:39 PM   #3
seanhaus
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
If you already lived here you might be already in the know about the great driving roads around . Hwy 84 hwy 35 Marin county Mendocino county redwood road hwy 1 hwy 9 and so on . The hills might be a problem since they have stop signs on steep grade. Hope you have a garage because it's easy for cars on street to get vandalized. We also have sonoma Laguna Seca thunderhillraceway and buttonwillow if you like to track
Believe it or not, during the last decade that I lived here, I can count the times I drove on both my hands... maybe! I’ve been dying to get up to Marin and hit some back roads again.

That said, we’ve got a dedicated garage. I’ve learned the lesson to have one through friends that have had way too many issues with street parking overnight in the past.
Appreciate 0