BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > M2 Track Time (The New New - Top Times only from the namesake thread)

03-11-2022, 07:25 PM   #287
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nando_514 View Post
Anyone gonna be at Road ATL with Chin on the 19th and 20th? Plan to be there both days, trekking down with a buddy of mine in a GT4

First time physically at the track, but know it virtually very well lol! Would be cool to workshop with any locals
Enjoy - such an awesome track. My favorite that I have driven so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2022, 09:32 AM   #288
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Circuit of the Americas - 2:22.29

Build thread for car specs

Scruffy lap. Was still feeling out my braking points & had fuel starvation after some high lat g's. Ended up being my only "clean" lap though as had a left front tire failure shortly after and had to move to street tires.

Appreciate 1
      03-21-2022, 05:39 PM   #289
3LiterBeater
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2, Porsche 944 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasBurnlife(landapanda) View Post
Headed out with Audi club this weekend; snows in the forecast…and you already have the right tires. Just saying…🤪
Quote:
Headed out with Audi club this weekend; snows in the forecast…and you already have the right tires. Just saying…🤪
Haha! Was traveling for work sadly. Tried out Shenandoah last weekend though. Holy hell, that's a lot happening in a short amount of time. My stomach was the killer there
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 06:34 AM   #290
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Yeah - you wanna do Shenny on an empty stomach.

Back this weekend with PCA on Friday, and then Jeff with NCC Saturday and Sunday.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2022, 12:41 PM   #291
nando_514
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Hey guys! Just got back from Road ATL with Chin this past weekend. First time at the track and had a PHENOMENAL time! Road ATL is by far one of the gnarliest tracks to conquer. Although there are other "faster" tracks out there, the guts it takes to come barreling into T12 downhill at full tilt is unreal! Truly remarkable stuff

It was a 2-day event and I only ran data on Day 1, but my buddy had other plans, and ran Track Addict on his phone while going for a ride along with me on Day 2. Take his time below with a grain of salt as he had his phone on his lap and not mounted to the windshield.. But still really cool to see!

On day 1, I managed a PB of 1:38.87 (Apex Pro), while I hitting a 1:37.783* (Track Addict) on Day 2. The data shows there is a HIGH 1:36 in the lap, if I turn off all the nannies and get better exits out of esses and T6. However, that is easier said than done.. Road ATL is a scary track LOL! I didn't have it in me to go past MDM mode!
Appreciate 2
      03-22-2022, 04:10 PM   #292
3LiterBeater
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah - you wanna do Shenny on an empty stomach.

Back this weekend with PCA on Friday, and then Jeff with NCC Saturday and Sunday.
Yeah! Lesson learned. Doubt I'll make it out this weekend but possibly!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 05:09 PM   #293
SquamM2C
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmws m2c

Mission raceway, Vancouver, Canada 1:16.18

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 06:26 PM   #294
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hey guys! Just got back from Road ATL with Chin this past weekend. First time at the track and had a PHENOMENAL time! Road ATL is by far one of the gnarliest tracks to conquer. Although there are other "faster" tracks out there, the guts it takes to come barreling into T12 downhill at full tilt is unreal! Truly remarkable stuff

It was a 2-day event and I only ran data on Day 1, but my buddy had other plans, and ran Track Addict on his phone while going for a ride along with me on Day 2. Take his time below with a grain of salt as he had his phone on his lap and not mounted to the windshield.. But still really cool to see!

On day 1, I managed a PB of 1:38.87 (Apex Pro), while I hitting a 1:37.783* (Track Addict) on Day 2. The data shows there is a HIGH 1:36 in the lap, if I turn off all the nannies and get better exits out of esses and T6. However, that is easier said than done.. Road ATL is a scary track LOL! I didn't have it in me to go past MDM mode!
Did you go out with Scott and Tim? Heard great things about the track. Am 10 hours away, so definitely on the menu maybe for later this year.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 06:45 PM   #295
nando_514
Private
Rep

Quote:
Did you go out with Scott and Tim? Heard great things about the track. Am 10 hours away, so definitely on the menu maybe for later this year.
I’m sorry, I’m not sure who they are.. I made the trek down with a buddy of mine. Loaded up our trailers and made the 14 hour journey.

As far as I saw, there was only 1 other M2 at the event. It was a Mineral Grey ‘16-‘17, tarted up with some slicks, a few bolt ons, suspension and an AIM system on the dash. I never got the chance to stop by his area and introduce myself. I wonder what kind of times that guy was running!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 06:01 AM   #296
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I’m sorry, I’m not sure who they are.. I made the trek down with a buddy of mine. Loaded up our trailers and made the 14 hour journey.

As far as I saw, there was only 1 other M2 at the event. It was a Mineral Grey ‘16-‘17, tarted up with some slicks, a few bolt ons, suspension and an AIM system on the dash. I never got the chance to stop by his area and introduce myself. I wonder what kind of times that guy was running!
… sounds like a different crew; they had a dark blue M4 and an M3CS.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 10:13 AM   #297
nando_514
Private
Rep

Quote:
… sounds like a different crew; they had a dark blue M4 and an M3CS.
Ah yes I remember the dark blue CS and the grey M4! I remember passing them quite fondly, and thinking 'wow those were nice!' lolol mwahahaha jk jk
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 05:45 AM   #298
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

😂
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2022, 10:57 AM   #299
3LiterBeater
Second Lieutenant
Rep

First time at VIR, what an awesome track.

I was there for the racing school and only had one clean session/ two clean laps. Both myself and the car have a few more seconds in it, cannot wait to get back. Video is even more frustrating after the fact, lol (they always are).

2:15.4

265 Square Hankook RS4
OG/ 6MT Stock tune
Camber plates/ cheap ST coils
PFC08s

Appreciate 1
      04-05-2022, 09:42 PM   #300
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

Just got back from the Audi Open Track event @ VIR. We had great weather and manageable traffic. Good great pointers during the Monday noon track walk with Peter Krause, which helped me shave some more time. Here is the video from that session - best time 2:05.5 on lap 6.

Appreciate 3
      04-05-2022, 10:26 PM   #301
3LiterBeater
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just got back from the Audi Open Track event @ VIR. We had great weather and manageable traffic. Good great pointers during the Monday noon track walk with Peter Krause, which helped me shave some more time. Here is the video from that session - best time 2:05.5 on lap 6.

Quote:

Heck yeah man. Would take me a little while to find ten more seconds. Maybe I need to quit playing around on Hankooks and get some real stickies
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2022, 04:01 AM   #302
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

@3LiterBeater - it's sub 10s on the hankooks. I was lucky enough to get a session with Pobst last year and took 5 seconds off after I rode with him. Then 2.5 more off after another PCA event where I worked with SYT_Shadow. It's about seat time and for me lots of sim time as well. Here is Randy driving my car last year.
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2022, 08:08 AM   #303
nando_514
Private
Rep

Quote:
Wow that's a great time, awesome wheel work!

I've only been to VIR once, and my data suggested a low 2:06 was possible, glad to see it is! I'll be there again later this year with SCDA to have another crack at it

Mind if I ask-- what do you have done to your M2? It didn't sound stock, and tires sounded muted and sticky. Street tires normally sing a bit more
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 01:09 PM   #304
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

Sure thing, my setup is an open book.

I run the MPS suspension (1 click out from full stiff), HR front sway bar full stiff, Dinan mono balls, PFC08, SRF, Recaro Ergo halo seats, a half cage, BimmerWorld forged 18x10 wheels (square setup) with Michelin 27/65 takeoffs (these had roughly 12 heat cycles).

Edit: sound-wise, I have the FabSpeed muffler delete kit. There is a video out there that I made as well.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2022, 03:19 PM   #305
3LiterBeater
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
@3LiterBeater - it's sub 10s on the hankooks. I was lucky enough to get a session with Pobst last year and took 5 seconds off after I rode with him. Then 2.5 more off after another PCA event where I worked with SYT_Shadow. It's about seat time and for me lots of sim time as well. Here is Randy driving my car last year.
So far, I've got only one true dry session on the track. Im still thinking about it, have to get back asap lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 03:41 PM   #306
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

Will be back next weekend with PCA. You should be there too!
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2022, 05:25 PM   #307
3LiterBeater
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Will be back next weekend with PCA. You should be there too!
At Mid-Ohio sadly!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 04:27 PM   #308
nando_514
Private
Rep

Got to enjoy NJMP Thunderbolt this weekend with HOD!

It was a bit cold up north (~45 deg), and we just finished a heck of a rainy week, so the track was very less than ideal. There was standing water/puddles on the edges of kerbs, it rained 4 out of the 5 sessions and the track just felt overall greasy.. Despite this, I ran a PB of 1:32.01 (ApexPro)!

I'm gonna have another crack at it in a few months when it warms up. But I'm sure there's at least a second or two in it!! I'm aiming for a mid to high 30.

I'm sure most of you guys are already aware and have done it, but I did daap's brake and diff coding over the winter and seriously it's a night and day difference. My review is in that braking thread, but seriously, if you're on the fence, go for it! You will NOT be disappointed. It makes the nose so much more controlled through braking and throttle phases... Absolutely nutty stuff!
Appreciate 1