BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Apex VS-5RS vs BC Forged KL01

08-01-2023, 02:47 PM   #1
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

I had raised these questions in the M2 wheel pictures thread, but received no replies so I’m creating a new thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been debating between getting the Apex VS-5RS or the BC Forged KL01 and I need some help. Let me know if different specs are recommended for these.

The spec I would like the VS-5RS in would be 19x9.5 +22 front and 19x10.5 +25 rear in satin black. The spec I would like the KL01 in would be 19x9.5 +23 front and 19x10.5 +33 in matte black, similar to the ones on the M2C on this wheel front website, https://wheelfront.com/cars/bmw-m2-c...-forged-kl01/. I also plan to buy some coilovers to lower the car with, probably Ohlins R&T.

I would like to stay with a 35 height, but what would be the fattest tire I could fit? 265/35/19 front and 285/35/19 rear? Tire brand/model recommendations for spirited street driving?

One last question, which are the vendors that are best to buy these through and that give bimmerpost members discounts?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 03:31 PM   #2
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

It’s not just about fitting the widest rubber you can. The tire width should be matched to the rim width. Meaning, running a 295 on a 10in wide wheel isn’t going to perform as well as a 295 on a 11in wide rim.

See: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/ar...always-better/

That said, regardless of your tire choice the offsets you’re considering for the rear are too low. With a 10.5in wide rear you’ll want an offset of 35 or higher to avoid rubbing on the fender lip. I’d target an offset of 40 on a 10.5 myself.
Appreciate 0