01-12-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus

Port

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Anyone else have this issue? Been 3 weeks at NJ port and saying it will take 2 weeks longer. Dealer said emissions and software? This make sense?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 07:08 PM   #2
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davem2c View Post
Anyone else have this issue? Been 3 weeks at NJ port and saying it will take 2 weeks longer. Dealer said emissions and software? This make sense?
Not really, but stranger things have happened.
      01-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #3
dlong82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3CX

What was your build week. Mine was week 50. Car has been "in trsnsit" 3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #4
Sideshow
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
This seems strange to me. Mine was at the port on a Wednesday and the dealer called on Friday with a picture of it in the showroom. Now, the port (Hueneme) is only 4 miles from the dealer...but it spent almost no time at the port. The only thing that I can think of is they're having to repair some damage. Don't know if there's a way to find that out....
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #5
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
Quote:
This seems strange to me. Mine was at the port on a Wednesday and the dealer called on Friday with a picture of it in the showroom. Now, the port (Hueneme) is only 4 miles from the dealer...but it spent almost no time at the port. The only thing that I can think of is they're having to repair some damage. Don't know if there's a way to find that out....
Week 48 build

They are saying it's for emissions and soft ware update

Ny/nj port also sucks

If it continues or I can get a clear answer - I'll get my deposit back I guess and see if I can get in list on 2020

Sucks cuz I had a 2018m2 and was stolen in October
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 03:54 PM   #6
Sideshow
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
What does that even mean? Something seems wrong with all of that....
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #7
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

Quote:
Week 48 build

Ny/nj port also sucks

If it continues or I can get a clear answer - I'll get my deposit back I guess and see if I can get in list on 2020

Holyshit....an M2 stolen on LI? Where? Was it ever recovered? I'm from LI too....would like to know.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 04:18 PM   #8
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNugget View Post
Quote:
Week 48 build

Ny/nj port also sucks

Holyshit....an M2 stolen on LI? Where? Was it ever recovered? I'm from LI too....would like to know.
South shore Nassau

Was not recovered (good)

Ordered In oct week 48 build - dying here to get it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 04:19 PM   #9
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Agreed - dealership has been great. I know other that have had "m" car issues in NJ/NY for emissions as well - but this is getting crazy. Don't make me go c63s coupe
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:39 PM   #10
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

Quote:
South shore Nassau

Was not recovered (good)

SIGH...I'm on south shore Nassau too. Fucking shady over here.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 07:48 AM   #11
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerNugget View Post
Quote:
South shore Nassau

Was not recovered (good)

SIGH...I'm on south shore Nassau too. Fucking shady over here.
Hahaha and too think growing up in north Freeport never ever ya an issue with cars.....then again who wanted my POS lol
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 09:51 AM   #12
Faikius
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19' M2 Comp / 16' Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong82 View Post
What was your build week. Mine was week 50. Car has been "in trsnsit" 3 weeks.
Build week 50 here as well. Seems like it took a few extra days to get on a ship due to the holidays. The car is currently on the ship Polaris Highway set to dock in Florida in a few days, then on to Galveston.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #13
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
I've been over a month at another port for other reasons without a concrete end date. Apparently they decided my vehicle needed replacement parts (such as a head unit) that could only come from Germany. I've escalated.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 12:44 PM   #14
dlong82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faikius View Post
Build week 50 here as well. Seems like it took a few extra days to get on a ship due to the holidays. The car is currently on the ship Polaris Highway set to dock in Florida in a few days, then on to Galveston.
Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 12:47 PM   #15
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

You can take this with a grain of salt but...

I went through something like this with Audi a couple years ago. The car sat at the port for 3 weeks and I got impatient and asked for explanations from my SA and a contact at Audi of America. AoA said it was additional safety checks and a software update and my SA said "engine hose" but wouldn't do any research for me about what hose it was. He said the part had to come from Germany.

When the car arrived after 5 weeks, it appeared those stories really meant body damage with sloppy paint runs on the underside of the trunk. I let them keep the car and asked for my deposit back. Be sure to inspect your car before taking delivery.
Appreciate 1
akkando5863.00
      01-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #16
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Economatic View Post

I went through something like this with Audi a couple years ago. The car sat at the port for 3 weeks and I got impatient and asked for explanations from my SA and a contact at Audi of America. AoA said it was additional safety checks and a software update and my SA said "engine hose" but wouldn't do any research for me about what hose it was. He said the part had to come from Germany.

When the car arrived after 5 weeks, it appeared those stories really meant body damage with sloppy paint runs on the underside of the trunk. I let them keep the car and asked for my deposit back. Be sure to inspect your car before taking delivery.
Quote:

Was the body damage and paint disclosed to u at all or u only found on inspection?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #17
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

I will definitely be inspecting closely. It will be easy to tell as I have a few rock chips from 1500 miles of euro delivery. I am not at the point yet of thinking BMW would lie about what is being done with the work orders but I will inspect closely as I would with any delivery.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #18
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Was the body damage and paint disclosed to u at all or u only found on inspection?
Nope. I asked the SA about it and he claimed all cars in nardo gray look like that from the factory with runs in the paint and it was actually extra sealant. I was skeptical and took a couple pictures then shared them on the forums, and my suspicions were confirmed. There was also some fine dust stuck to the plastic trim pieces and on the carpet in the trunk that appeared to be from sanding. I didn't understand why the trunk of a new car would be so dirty.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 12:38 PM   #19
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Nope. I asked the SA about it and he claimed all cars in nardo gray look like that from the factory with runs in the paint and it was actually extra sealant. I was skeptical and took a couple pictures then shared them on the forums, and my suspicions were confirmed. There was also some fine dust stuck to the plastic trim pieces and on the carpet in the trunk that appeared to be from sanding. I didn't understand why the trunk of a new car would be so dirty.
Confirmed - damaged at port. This is soooooo screwed up. Been waiting since Oct and no allocations are now left. So incredibly unfair to first have my car stolen and now to have an allocation and have the car significantly damaged at the port (with complete BS communication from everyone until now)

I hate to say this but I almost feel like it's time to move on to another brand or model.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 11:30 PM   #20
jasonF30
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Confirmed - damaged at port. This is soooooo screwed up. Been waiting since Oct and no allocations are now left. So incredibly unfair to first have my car stolen and now to have an allocation and have the car significantly damaged at the port (with complete BS communication from everyone until now)

I hate to say this but I almost feel like it's time to move on to another brand or model.
How did you finally find out it was damaged?

My car was finished production Dec 18 and only just this week moved into status 182. One month to go from "production complete" to "scheduled for carrier" seems waaaaay too long I wonder if something happened to
mine as well to cause the delay. Curious how you found out there was damage so I can look into it.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2019, 07:13 AM   #21
Dogz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonF30 View Post
Quote:

How did you finally find out it was damaged?

My car was finished production Dec 18 and only just this week moved into status 182. One month to go from "production complete" to "scheduled for carrier" seems waaaaay too long I wonder if something happened to
mine as well to cause the delay. Curious how you found out there was damage so I can look into it.
Dealer finally got information from the port, via the owner calling his contact after I pressed incredibly hard

What I'm told is that damage happens more often then u want to know, and makes we wonder about some cars on the lots lol
Appreciate 0