BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Ask a Pro Detailer from Detailer's Domain

07-07-2020, 08:53 PM   #397
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

the coating will change it a little by adding a sheen to it but it will still stay matte. it's going to darken it not add gloss.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 11:07 AM   #398
leftcoastq
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
the coating will change it a little by adding a sheen to it but it will still stay matte. it's going to darken it not add gloss.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 10:13 AM   #399
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

no problem at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 05:38 PM   #400
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Any recommendations on wax that really brings out the best of LBB? Currently use polish angle paint sealer and high gloss spray.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 09:20 PM   #401
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
Any recommendations on wax that really brings out the best of LBB? Currently use polish angle paint sealer and high gloss spray.
I would use Nanolex SiSplash. I recently tried this and it worked great over my coated M2C. You can apply wet or dry. Very easy to wipe off as well.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...olex-si-splash

Appreciate 1
ROASTM162.50
      08-05-2020, 05:58 PM   #402
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Hey Phil, I have an issue with some of the black plastics in the engine bay. Specifically, after using a detailer I normally don't go to there is what appears to be hard water stains(white splotches) on some of the rigid plastic fittings that come off the radiator and a few other misc area's. Is there any product in particular you recommend I try to remove this residue?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #403
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2OG View Post
Hey Phil, I have an issue with some of the black plastics in the engine bay. Specifically, after using a detailer I normally don't go to there is what appears to be hard water stains(white splotches) on some of the rigid plastic fittings that come off the radiator and a few other misc area's. Is there any product in particular you recommend I try to remove this residue?
sorry to hear that can you post some photos? also have you used anything to remove them yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 12:13 AM   #404
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Quote:
sorry to hear that can you post some photos? also have you used anything to remove them yet?
Quote:
Quote:
Car is at the shop atm but I'll get a photo for you ASAP. It's been like this for almost a year, other than trying to hit it with something like quick detailer I haven't really attempted much of anything. The car has been detailed at least half a dozen times since it developed and it hasn't even worn away which makes me think it's there to stay
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 11:04 AM   #405
ROASTM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C; '06 M3; '07 JKU

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
I would use Nanolex SiSplash. I recently tried this and it worked great over my coated M2C. You can apply wet or dry. Very easy to wipe off as well.

https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...olex-si-splash

I can vouch for Nanolex SiSplash, I really like it a lot. However, lately I've been having a bit of streaking when applying it to my car after drying it off - car is 100% covered in XPEL Ultimate plus. I'm thinking it could be due to using a sub-par quality microfiber, but unsure as they are new towels and weren't cheap... or I'm using a little too much of the spray. In either case, it provides excellent gloss and is very hydrophobic.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 11:10 AM   #406
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROASTM View Post
...car is 100% covered in XPEL Ultimate plus.
More than any other mod, this is what I wished for my car. It's too late now, but once the rockers and front bumper cover gets repainted they will be covered for sure.
Appreciate 1
ROASTM162.50
      08-18-2020, 05:42 PM   #407
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
More than any other mod, this is what I wished for my car. It's too late now, but once the rockers and front bumper cover gets repainted they will be covered for sure.
Not sure if it's feasible in your case, but depending on how big your chips and other paint damages are, you may want to look into Dr. Colorchip instead of a full repaint job (I know not quite the same, but it may save you some $$ towards the PPF job). I bought my '19 M2C pre-owned, so it did have numerous paint chips here and there, especially on the bonnet, front bumper and rocker panels (nothing major like a gash or something). Nevertheless, I decided to do a full body SunTek Ultra within 1 week of picking it up (it was quite a financial stretch since I just purchased the car, down-payment and all - but WELL WORTH it for my piece of mind).

But before the PPF install, I had the PPF shop touch up all of the visible scuffs w/ Dr Colorchip kit - it turned out almost new, and certainly looked exponentially better than when I picked it up (BMW in their infinite wisdom doesn't offer Hockenheim Silver touch up paint )

EDIT: BIG SHOUT-OUT to DetailersDomain who recommended a local PPF shop. Talk about selfless move...you are a great addition and benefit to this forum!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 06:18 PM   #408
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post
Not sure if it's feasible in your case, but depending on how big your chips and other paint damages are, you may want to look into Dr. Colorchip instead of a full repaint job (I know not quite the same, but it may save you some $$ towards the PPF job). I bought my '19 M2C pre-owned, so it did have numerous paint chips here and there, especially on the bonnet, front bumper and rocker panels (nothing major like a gash or something). Nevertheless, I decided to do a full body SunTek Ultra within 1 week of picking it up (it was quite a financial stretch since I just purchased the car, down-payment and all - but WELL WORTH it for my piece of mind).

But before the PPF install, I had the PPF shop touch up all of the visible scuffs w/ Dr Colorchip kit - it turned out almost new, and certainly looked exponentially better than when I picked it up (BMW in their infinite wisdom doesn't offer Hockenheim Silver touch up paint )

EDIT: BIG SHOUT-OUT to DetailersDomain who recommended a local PPF shop. Talk about selfless move...you are a great addition and benefit to this forum!
Mine looks good as-is, but I'm a perfectionist, so it'll have to be fully redone. Not the paint, that'll be touched up (properly), but the clear. The hardest part, other than affording all the PPF, will be waiting for the paint and clear to fully outgas before PPF install.

On a side note, PPF prices are nothing short of rape these last few years. Everyone has finally gotten wind of how good it works, and the prices are reflecting that. About 7 years ago I had some paintwork done to my Exige, then had Xpel PPF applied to the entire front, rockers, and rear behind the tires. All custom cut. It was $1200 out the door. Same thing these days with the same film would cost as much a decent used car.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 06:48 PM   #409
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post

Mine looks good as-is, but I'm a perfectionist, so it'll have to be fully redone. Not the paint, that'll be touched up (properly), but the clear. The hardest part, other than affording all the PPF, will be waiting for the paint and clear to fully outgas before PPF install.

On a side note, PPF prices are nothing short of rape these last few years. Everyone has finally gotten wind of how good it works, and the prices are reflecting that. About 7 years ago I had some paintwork done to my Exige, then had Xpel PPF applied to the entire front, rockers, and rear behind the tires. All custom cut. It was $1200 out the door. Same thing these days with the same film would cost as much a decent used car.
10-4!

Part of that price increase is type of car: you relate anything to Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, etc it results in big $$$. Same Remus exhaust is on average twice the price for essentially same muffler as for a bimmer.

Bring a pristine looking Chrysler Le Baron for a PPF job and you get it dirt cheap by comparison.
      08-26-2020, 06:11 AM   #410
Detailers Domain
United_States
Rep

These All-New Compounds Are More Than Just Pretty Packaging

Using the latest breakthroughs in abrasive technology, developed, tested, refined, blended, and packaged 100% in-house by RUPES in Italy, these all-new compound and polish formulas aren’t just a new standard for RUPES, they’re a new standard for the industry. Each of these new BigFoot liquids represent the RUPES commitment to innovation and quality. Improved cutting performance, astounding finishing ability, and a focus on the user experience we are confident that the new BigFoot D-A Compounds and UNO Pure will become staples in your arsenal for paint correction.

BIGFOOT D-A COARSE HIGH-PERFORMANCE POLISHING COMPOUND

Simply a new standard. This all-new, high performance, polishing compound has been formulated by RUPES to expand your expectations for what a coarse compound can do. More defect removal? Check. A better finish? Absolutely. Less dusting? Effortless wipe off? Even easier to use? Yes, yes, and yes! BigFoot D-A COARSE offers incredible performance on all orbital polishers; Gear-Driven and Random Orbital.
  • High-performance polishing compound removes defects and sand scratches up to 1500 grit quickly
  • Durable lubrication system for an extended polishing cycle and longer working time
  • The low-dusting formula reduces post-compound cleanup work
  • One-step moderate-to-severe defect removal and finishing on most paints
  • Offers one-step cutting-and-polishing ability on most paints
  • Formulated specifically for use on all random orbital or gear-driven orbital polishers
BIGFOOT D-A FINE HIGH-PERFORMANCE POLISHING COMPOUND

The result of extensive testing to develop a fine polish that combines noticeable cutting performance with impressive finishing capability. The proprietary formula developed and blended in-house by RUPES is designed to perform with both large stroke random orbital polishers and gear-driven orbital polishers. When combined with RUPES specially designed yellow foam, wool, or microfiber pads DA-FINE delivers a much higher level of defect removal when compared to traditional fine polishing compounds. More cut, yet still provides the incredibly high finish quality and easy wipe off expected from a product formulated for final finishing after a coarse cutting compound. BigFoot D-A FINE HIGH-PERFORMANCE POLISHING COMPOUND is body shop safe and performs well on clear coat, single-stage paint, gelcoat, varnish, and more.
  • Excellent cutting performance relative to most “fine” polishing compounds
  • New micro-abrasive technology and proprietary blend enhances finishing ability
  • Easy wipe-off, for fewer towel marks on soft paints or delicate surfaces
  • Easy application when used with RUPES color-coordinated pad system
  • One-step light defect removal and finishing on most paints
  • Can also be an excellent 2nd step polish following D-A Coarse Compound
  • Recommended for use with BigFoot Random Orbital or Gear-Driven tools
UNO PURE UNIVERSAL ULTRA FINISHING POLISH

UNO PURE is a universally compatible, ultra-fine abrasive polish designed for use on all tool types, including Rotary, Random Orbital, or Gear-Driven Orbital. The proprietary formula developed and blended in-house by RUPES, uses the latest in abrasive technology to produce the highest possible optical clarity and reflectivity when used with RUPES BigFoot polishing system tools and pads. UNO PURE is ideal for very soft or haze-prone paints and can be used in jeweling applications to create a show car finish, even on dark colors. The absence of fillers, ease of use, easy wipe-off ensure the best user experience. The body shop safe formulation makes it the ideal solution for a variety of applications.
  • Universal across all BigFoot Polishing System tool movements, including orbital, gear driven, and rotary.
  • Smooth user experience with easy wipe off
  • Unmatched finishing quality, even on the softest paint systems
  • Validated for all paint types, including single-stage, clearcoat, hard, soft, or “sticky” paints
  • Versatile applications, simply change the pad to change the performance
  • No intentional filling ingredients added
  • No protection properties, leaves the finish “PURE” and ready for application of a protective product
  • For best results, use with RUPES Ultrafine White Finishing Foam Pads

Every Aspect of the Foam Polishing Pad, Carefully Considered

The foam pad is an integral part of the overall performance of any polishing system, especially orbital. The RUPES development team has spent countless hours in the development and testing of all aspects of new D-A FOAM PADS to ensure the most balanced performance, proper heat management, contouring, and versatility. Even the packaging has been developed specifically to protect the foam from UV exposure and degradation. The all-new BigFoot D-A FOAM PADS are constructed using new, proprietary foam formulas and maximized for performance on both large stroke random orbital tools and gear-driven orbital tools. Every pad is carefully designed, manufactured, and packaged entirely in-house by RUPES in Italy to our extremely high quality standards.

LOWER PROFILE

In addition to all-new materials the new D-A System Foam Pads feature a reduced pad height versus the previous generation BigFoot Random Orbital Pads. In conjunction with the new materials this new height has been extensively tested to provide improved stability and allows the D-A Foam Pads to work on both large stroke random orbital tools and gear-driven tools like the BigFoot Mille.

CONTOUR EDGE

The new, unique, contour edge improves pad stability and provides additional control in the curves. This edge shape will be featured on all 3 grades of D-A Foam Pads and in 180mm, 150mm, and 100mm pad sizes.

MORE THAN PACKAGING

The new metallic film flow pack of the D-A Series Foam Pads offers superior protection against accidental rips or piercing to keep your pads as clean as possible until they’re ready for use. The flow pack also prevents UV exposure to maintain the original integrity of the material regardless of where it is stored or how long it remains packaged before use. Clear plastics commonly used in other pad packaging leaves the pads vulnerable to UV damage.

Links to the Rupes D-A Polishing System below:
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 07:30 PM   #411
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

NEW MYSTERY BOXES DROP TOMORROW DetailersDomain
Appreciate 0