BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Electric/Audio Issue Diagnosis

11-10-2020, 07:39 PM   #1
m3username
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2

Electric/Audio Issue Diagnosis

Hi all, a little background: I had my 2017 flashed up to current firmware by the dealer about 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago I realize that my audio doesn't work.

I took it back to the dealership because the timing seemed coincident and they discover (to my surprise) that there's an aftermarket audio system that appears to have powered a subwoofer at some point.

This setup was working fine before but does not now, there's an AudioControl LC2i wired up to a JL Audio subwoofer amplifier.

I'm a little stumped, it looks like everything is getting power. Anyone have thoughts on how I can troubleshoot this? Should I bite the bullet and goto a good stereo installer to have them remedy this mess?

I'm fairly good with circuits but I'm a bit at a loss here.

Edit: I also should note that all speaker audio is gone including things like warning chimes.

Last edited by m3username; 11-10-2020 at 09:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #2
m3username
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2

I removed the ASD bypass cable which led to audio working again but popping. My guess is that the amplifier is going out/dead which lines up with other findings. Timing is just coincidence.
Appreciate 0