BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2CS BMWFS Finance Rate Thread

12-03-2020, 12:21 PM   #67
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I did the Summer Drive On event and that code was valid as any car "ordered and delivered before January 1st" was valid and the CS was not excluded. I went around with BMW on it and because of the conflict in their terms between emails/signup/and final code I had them clarify and discussed with the dealer to make sure that the 1k credit could be used.

Here's what I emailed them about, and they confirmed the first terms applied, not the second:

* Offer is available to prospects who registered at participating dealerships for BMW Summer Drive On, or any family member residing within the same household. $1,000 offer valid on eligible vehicles delivered and retailed 8/17/2020 through 1/4/2021. Eligible models include: all MY2020 and MY2021 BMWs. Offer not valid on pre-owned and CPO units. Offer valid on final negotiated price and may be combined with other applicable BMW offers that are available at the time of purchase. Offer may not be combined with certain other incentive programs. Offer valid towards lease or purchase price of eligible vehicle. Offer only open through participating dealers. Restrictions apply; please see your participating dealer for more details. Current production models shown.

However, after participating in the event, my digital voucher for the $1,000 credit has the following terms:
*$1,000 offer valid on eligible new model year 2020 and 2021 vehicles in dealer stock delivered and retailed through 1/04/21. Models excluded are MINI vehicles and BMW Pre-Owned/CPO vehicles. This offer cannot be used for previously ordered or previously delivered vehicles and is only valid on delivery of in-stock vehicles. Offer valid to customers and their family members residing within the same household, attending the BMW Summer Drive On event at participating BMW Centers and registering by 8/22. Offer valid on final negotiated price and may be combined with other applicable BMW offers that are available at the time of purchase. Only one OL number per vehicle may be used. Offer valid towards purchase price of eligible vehicle. Only valid at participating dealers. ©2020 BMW of North America, LLC. The BMW name, model names and logo are registered trademarks.

This is probably still the classic 500/500 BMW / Dealer Split. or was this was a true 1000 from bmw na,
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 12:33 PM   #68
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

USAA stopped doing the rebates on Oct 1 (Truecar). If you had a certificate prior to Oct one I believe it is still good through 1/4/21. Mine shows $500. But in the incentives section it says the M2 isn't eligible. I can't tell if that applies to both sections or not. I'll try to use it and see what happens. After the APR fiasco I suspect they'd tell me to pound sand.

I was told up front that the test drive certificated di not apply for me because the car was considered pre sold. I inquired in September, and I believe SDtown did his drive in August.
      12-03-2020, 04:46 PM   #69
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 ZCP MPE `17

Quote:
I did the Summer Drive On event and that code was valid as any car "ordered and delivered before January 1st" was valid and the CS was not excluded. I went around with BMW on it and because of the conflict in their terms between emails/signup/and final code I had them clarify and discussed with the dealer to make sure that the 1k credit could be used.

Here's what I emailed them about, and they confirmed the first terms applied, not the second:

* Offer is available to prospects who registered at participating dealerships for BMW Summer Drive On, or any family member residing within the same household. $1,000 offer valid on eligible vehicles delivered and retailed 8/17/2020 through 1/4/2021. Eligible models include: all MY2020 and MY2021 BMWs. Offer not valid on pre-owned and CPO units. Offer valid on final negotiated price and may be combined with other applicable BMW offers that are available at the time of purchase. Offer may not be combined with certain other incentive programs. Offer valid towards lease or purchase price of eligible vehicle. Offer only open through participating dealers. Restrictions apply; please see your participating dealer for more details. Current production models shown.

However, after participating in the event, my digital voucher for the $1,000 credit has the following terms:
*$1,000 offer valid on eligible new model year 2020 and 2021 vehicles in dealer stock delivered and retailed through 1/04/21. Models excluded are MINI vehicles and BMW Pre-Owned/CPO vehicles. This offer cannot be used for previously ordered or previously delivered vehicles and is only valid on delivery of in-stock vehicles. Offer valid to customers and their family members residing within the same household, attending the BMW Summer Drive On event at participating BMW Centers and registering by 8/22. Offer valid on final negotiated price and may be combined with other applicable BMW offers that are available at the time of purchase. Only one OL number per vehicle may be used. Offer valid towards purchase price of eligible vehicle. Only valid at participating dealers. ©2020 BMW of North America, LLC. The BMW name, model names and logo are registered trademarks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
This is probably still the classic 500/500 BMW / Dealer Split. or was this was a true 1000 from bmw na,
The Summer on Drive and BMW Drive to End Hunger are both applicable for the M2 CS.
And yes, the same usual 500 BMW/500 Dealer split.
Appreciate 1
///BYU268.50
      12-03-2020, 05:13 PM   #70
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80_MG View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
The Summer on Drive and BMW Drive to End Hunger are both applicable for the M2 CS.
And yes, the same usual 500 BMW/500 Dealer split.
They weren't applicable for me since it was a Preordered Priory 1 car. If you buy from stock or placed an order after you got the incentives then it should be applicable.

Maybe summer drive was different, but Hunger, accelerate into autumn and G80 M3 event codes don't apply
Appreciate 1
///BYU268.50
      12-03-2020, 06:27 PM   #71
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
They weren't applicable for me since it was a Preordered Priory 1 car. If you buy from stock or placed an order after you got the incentives then it should be applicable.

Maybe summer drive was different, but Hunger, accelerate into autumn and G80 M3 event codes don't apply
Weird, my dealer was able to apply the Hunger promo for a custom order Priority 1 car. (my specific build, not from the lot)
Appreciate 2
F87M2CS77.50
///BYU268.50
      12-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #72
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Weird, my dealer was able to apply the Hunger promo for a custom order Priority 1 car. (my specific build, not from the lot)
Take it an run. Mine wouldn't apply it because it's a pre-order.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 07:37 PM   #73
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Haha, my thoughts exactly!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 10:30 PM   #74
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Quote:
Quote:
Run like the wind. Perhaps they didn't make your car "sold" and just ordered the spec you like? In that case it would show as dealer stock while being "reserved" for you
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:01 PM   #75
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Run like the wind. Perhaps they didn't make your car "sold" and just ordered the spec you like? In that case it would show as dealer stock while being "reserved" for you
That's interesting. Looked at the Vehicle Inquiry Report my SA sent me and it's marked as 3 - Priority Stock with my exact build. Looking back at the VIR from my X7 M50i order earlier this year, it shows 1 - Customer Sold.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 08:11 AM   #76
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Could very well be, the first sheet I received showed it as "1-Customer Sold" but I did make some changes to the build after that.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #77
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

That could be a pro tip to ask your advisor to submit the order at P3 instead of P1.
Appreciate 1
///BYU268.50
      12-04-2020, 04:59 PM   #78
f80_MG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That could be a pro tip to ask your advisor to submit the order at P3 instead of P1.
Very true, but then what happens with P1 options like CCB's on this car?
Or with PCD (which if I understand right doesn't work on cars off the lot)?
Appreciate 1
///BYU268.50
      12-05-2020, 12:05 PM   #79
thxbuff2001
Dictator for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: To many

Bad lease terms. Residual of 35%? BMW doesnt want any returned cars.
Basically finance and lease is the same but bmw makes thesame money.

But for people who lease, youve basically paid most of the car after 36 mos. So why lease?

What does it mean, bmw wants their money, dont want lease returns, and maybe they dont have confidence in the market.

Too many cars in the lot.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 12:21 PM   #80
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxbuff2001 View Post
Bad lease terms. Residual of 35%? BMW doesnt want any returned cars.
Basically finance and lease is the same but bmw makes thesame money.

But for people who lease, youve basically paid most of the car after 36 mos. So why lease?

What does it mean, bmw wants their money, dont want lease returns, and maybe they dont have confidence in the market.

Too many cars in the lot.
I think it's great. It's definitely a way to keep prices from plummeting. There won't be lease resales hitting the market in 3 years. This keeps the buy in price high, which in turn keeps it in the hands of those that believe this car is special. It's an interesting maneuver by bmw. I think it shows that they won't have to offer dealerships incentives to move them. They've done their homework on supply/demand this time around.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13119.00
      12-05-2020, 12:53 PM   #81
I Epic I
Rep
Drives: 230i xdrive / M2CS

Quote:
I think it's great. It's definitely a way to keep prices from plummeting. There won't be lease resales hitting the market in 3 years. This keeps the buy in price high, which in turn keeps it in the hands of those that believe this car is special. It's an interesting maneuver by bmw. I think it shows that they won't have to offer dealerships incentives to move them. They've done their homework on supply/demand this time around.

Leasing is probably only for those who own business and those who plan to buy the car out at the end of the term who like to have that option of turning in the car in case of an accident with a bad car fax. i priced out the m2c and the m2cs, the buyout (around 30k) is the same at the end of the term pretty much for both. interesting for sure... i imagine a m2 cs in 2023/24 with 45000 miles will be worth 45k at least, so you can buy it out and sell it if you want out. i am totaly just thinking outloud so please feel free to chime in.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 01:23 PM   #82
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Even the approach of leasing to allow a return (in the event of an accident or excessive repairs) is a crapshoot with a residual of 35%....you have paid for 2/3 of the car, and have to hand it over. Even "loss of value" after repairs from a significant collision probably wouldn't wreck you that badly.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #83
I Epic I
Rep
Drives: 230i xdrive / M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Even the approach of leasing to allow a return (in the event of an accident or excessive repairs) is a crapshoot with a residual of 35%....you have paid for 2/3 of the car, and have to hand it over. Even "loss of value" after repairs from a significant collision probably wouldn't wreck you that badly.
this might be true, i will leave that to my insurance guy. but i agree with the above folks who said bmw does not want these cars back.

Edit: if you do give it back they will probably make a pretty penny so maybe they do want them back...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #84
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Leasing had many benefits. Usually it as an avenue to mitigate financial responsibility. Bank takes on all the responsibility. If you wreck a rare car its worth much less. If you lease, who cares, not your problem.

With a well organized lease you pay less than actual depreciation. Return car and move on. It's all about mitigating loss. If you own a business, then it's even better. You can also be in a position to offset less favorable lease terms.

Leasing doesn't tend to be favorable if searching for a specific car if you want the best deal. In the right environment it's possible to lease a 150k to 200k car for less 1500 a month. I leased my ftype svr for $840/mo. At the same time I was looking at the Acura nsx for about 1300/mo. (Sticker was roughly 190k).

Leasing with a poor residual is not that bad if you plan to buy in the end if the buyout is not inflated. It can be a good idea because you leave the bank on the hook if an accident occurs and you no longer want the car. However, the car will be worth more than 35% in 3 years, so it would likely be a hard deal to walk away from. Ay 0.9% with nothing down you would pay roughly 60% at year 3. With the lease you are paying 65%. It'll be tough to get a MF that resembles a 0.9% finance rate.

Just be careful if looking to leave that you do not get a 35% residual with a 45k buyout. Then you pay 90k for an 85k car.
Appreciate 3
///BYU268.50
///M TOWN13119.00
      12-06-2020, 01:41 AM   #85
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Those BMWFS rates are absolutely fantastic

I wish I could've got these kind of rates when I bought my M2

II'm literally working on refinancing it now to reduce the interest and monthly