BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > 2 year service

08-26-2020, 08:24 AM   #1
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

2 year service

Could someone confirm the 2 year service does not include a brake fluid flush? I'm told only oil, filter and cabin filter change. I read somewhere it may be 3 years for the initial change and 2 years for subsequent maintenance, however I cannot confirm in the maintenance manual. 2 year changes seems to be the norm so, if 3 years it appears it's only so BMW can save one change on their dime.

Update: Confirmed BMW extended the first brake fluid flush from 2 years to 3 thus saving BMW a shit load of money.

Last edited by devo; 08-26-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 01:20 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Could someone confirm the 2 year service does not include a brake fluid flush? I'm told only oil, filter and cabin filter change. I read somewhere it may be 3 years for the initial change and 2 years for subsequent maintenance, however I cannot confirm in the maintenance manual. 2 year changes seems to be the norm so, if 3 years it appears it's only so BMW can save one change on their dime.

Update: Confirmed BMW extended the first brake fluid flush from 2 years to 3 thus saving BMW a shit load of money.
Correct first brake fluid change is 3 years, every subsequent change is 2 years.
devo755.00
      08-26-2020, 01:55 PM   #3
CTSean
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LCI BSM MT M2

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...brakes/1WKxpvb

confirms 1st change @3 years, then every 2 years after.

Either way I think BMW would only have to do one change on their dime. With maintenance for 3 years, doesn't that mean the 3 year change should be covered, as long as you schedule it right when it pops up (assuming you haven't exceeded 36k miles of course)?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 01:59 PM   #4
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSean View Post
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...brakes/1WKxpvb

confirms 1st change @3 years, then every 2 years after.

Either way I think BMW would only have to do one change on their dime. With maintenance for 3 years, doesn't that mean the 3 year change should be covered, as long as you schedule it right when it pops up (assuming you haven't exceeded 36k miles of course)?
Thank you for the link.

Yes, they would change one time as opposed to twice when maintenance was 4 years. Consider they recently lessened their maintenance program from 4 to 3 years as well.

Last edited by devo; 08-26-2020 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 0