BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Black M2 CS badges (poll added)

View Poll Results: Will you keep chrome M2 CS badges or go gloss black?
I am going to keep the OEM chrome badges 39 60.00%
I am going to switch to black gloss badges 20 30.77%
Ew, badges... I am going to de-badge the rear 6 9.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

12-03-2020, 11:03 PM   #23
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
I'd want to, but my OCD would wonder if I could ever get the emblems back on the exact same spot.
It's not hard. Make a frame with masking tape before you remove the stock then place new emblem in frame
      12-03-2020, 11:27 PM   #24
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
I'd want to, but my OCD would wonder if I could ever get the emblems back on the exact same spot.
Easy! make a template from cardboard around the existing one.

The new one can easily be installed using the blank template when you're about to put the black one back on
      12-04-2020, 01:44 AM   #25
M3tallicar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1758285
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
MomoM3984.00
Supadice1027.50
      12-04-2020, 05:11 PM   #26
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3tallicar View Post
That's what I wanted to see! Thank you! IND job?

Awesome car dude!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 12:42 AM   #27
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
My X7 came with crooked badges from the factory.

Dealer put on the gloss black badges for me and did not put them on the same exact spot either ugh but they did offer to rebadge.
At the factory the badge is fitted properly in a 1-movement way. A worker positions a tool that contains the complete badge as one piece. They don't fit it character by character. By doing so, the badge is perfectly aligned.

The pictured badge suggests that it has been removed at some point in time after production and subsequently refitted. No way that it left the factory that way.

Check paint thickness of the boot with a device. Maybe the boot was repainted (requiring removal and refitting of the badge).

See 02:51:42:
      12-06-2020, 10:33 AM   #28
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:

Dealer put on the gloss black badges for me and did not put them on the same exact spot either ugh but they did offer to rebadge.
At the factory the badge is fitted properly in a 1-movement way. A worker positions a tool that contains the complete badge as one piece. They don't fit it character by character. By doing so, the badge is perfectly aligned.

The pictured badge suggests that it has been removed at some point in time after production and subsequently refitted. No way that it left the factory that way.

Check paint thickness of the boot with a device. Maybe the boot was repainted (requiring removal and refitting of the badge).

See 02:51:42:
Wasn't that. X7 was made to order and turned around too fast from the factory to have been repainted/repaired. Match is still perfect in Tanzanite Blue.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2020, 03:06 PM   #29
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Wasn't that. X7 was made to order and turned around too fast from the factory to have been repainted/repaired. Match is still perfect in Tanzanite Blue.
Then what's a sound explanation for the removal and refitting of the badge ? It's hard to believe that the car was 'born that way' with a wonkily placed badge in the factory and not noticed during final quality control at the factory.

If a car sustains minor damage pre-delivery, it's repaired (and fast, normally in a proper way). Usually the customer won't be informed about it. Even serious hail damage gets sorted out, but that's usually reported to the customer (though the car manufacturer will refrain from disclosing the specifics of how bad the damage was).

As commented in my previous post: feel free to check the paint thickness. If you discover irregularities, then that's a tell-tale sign that the car got damaged and was repaired pre-delivery. Could be ranging from a simple scratch or a small dent, to the car being rear-ended or hitting a wall or another car whilst parking or during transport. A lot could happen between leaving the factory and taking delivery.

01-13-2021, 11:33 PM   #30
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Then what's a sound explanation for the removal and refitting of the badge ? It's hard to believe that the car was 'born that way' with a wonkily placed badge in the factory and not noticed during final quality control at the factory.

If a car sustains minor damage pre-delivery, it's repaired (and fast, normally in a proper way). Usually the customer won't be informed about it. Even serious hail damage gets sorted out, but that's usually reported to the customer (though the car manufacturer will refrain from disclosing the specifics of how bad the damage was).

As commented in my previous post: feel free to check the paint thickness. If you discover irregularities, then that's a tell-tale sign that the car got damaged and was repaired pre-delivery. Could be ranging from a simple scratch or a small dent, to the car being rear-ended or hitting a wall or another car whilst parking or during transport. A lot could happen between leaving the factory and taking delivery.
Solid points, I can't argue with any of that. I guess I'd rather not know at this point.

I am still, however, debating chrome or black gloss M2 CS badging. I am going full PPF so I'll be removing badges anyway. Already have the black gloss one's but I need more pics from you guys so I can decide Was thinking about buying the chrome one's anyway just to have/keep down the road.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 11:49 PM   #31
AxM2CS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28 535i >E39 528iT >E39 540i6

Anyone have the black M2CS badge on a MB? Would love to see an image or 2 of it. Recall Supadice got it, so hopefully one of these months he'll get his car and can post the mod. Anything sooner would be appreciated.
Appreciate 1
MomoM3984.00
      01-13-2021, 11:50 PM   #32
2taCoS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

All I can say is be careful - the mounting template the black badges came on was sub-standard. The silver badges were meticulously templated to get these in precisely the same place, but in the image attached, the 'S' is upside down (which has since been corrected) - it came on the template that way. Adhesive was also replaced on the 'C' as it was not sticky enough. Love the black though, think it really pops on AW or HS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 11:56 PM   #33
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Damn Artemis

It's bad enough having to deal with COVID-19, please don't scare me like that my car has already traveled on a 'toasty' ship for part of its journey, the last thing I want to see is a freckled Misano Blue LoooooL

01-14-2021, 12:07 AM   #34
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Damn Artemis
It's bad enough having to deal with COVID-19, please don't scare me like that my car has already traveled on a 'toasty' ship for part of its journey, the last thing I want to see is a freckled Misano Blue LoooooL
Remember: what happens at port and on the boat, stays at port and on the boat.

Well, kind of...
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2021, 12:23 AM   #35
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Wholly batshit Batman!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 12:38 AM   #36
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Damn Artemis
Remember: what happens at port and on the boat, stays at port and on the boat.

Well, kind of...
Omg!! Great, thanks for the nightmares till I take delivery.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2021, 03:31 PM   #37
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

poll added!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 03:46 PM   #38
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
M cars always had chrome badges until only recently for ZCPs. One of the benefitis of BSM is the chrome badging stands out. The new Comp badging detracts from the brand in my opinion.

I will potentially get the iND painted roundels, but will leave the kidney grill and M2 CS badges as chrome.
Appreciate 2
MomoM3984.00
      01-17-2021, 03:50 PM   #39
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:

X to the 7th power! My CS is crooked also. I'll just take it off all together. Gotta keep em guessing
MomoM3984.00
      01-17-2021, 04:26 PM   #40
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I picked up IND black chrome badges for my HS. I've had IND black badges before, so I figured I just try something different. It is hard to get a good photo of it because it is still a dark paint that looks black in photos. In reality, it is more like a metallic black paint with a little more sheen. I don't think anyone would really be able to tell the difference on the road. Figured I'd post it up here for anyone trying to decide which way to go.

Appreciate 4
MomoM3984.00
f80_MG562.50
kyrocks1070.50
      01-17-2021, 06:15 PM   #41
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

A bit ott maybe, but I wanted to do this again, black/grey/white /// in the badge. Can’t find badges, last time round I had small stickers that overlayed the badge, not perfect though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 06:17 PM   #42
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
M cars always had chrome badges until only recently for ZCPs. One of the benefitis of BSM is the chrome badging stands out. The new Comp badging detracts from the brand in my opinion.

I will potentially get the iND painted roundels, but will leave the kidney grill and M2 CS badges as chrome.
Yeah I won't be going nuts with painted roundels but thanks to the ZCP I grew to dislike chrome. Now, I'm just undecided because it's the CS.

If I swap out the back chrome I will need to swap out the front kidney grill chrome too. However, why change the chrome designation to begin with?

I also nixed the cerium grey badges on the wife's X7

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2021, 06:37 PM   #43
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
I picked up IND black chrome badges for my HS. I've had IND black badges before, so I figured I just try something different. It is hard to get a good photo of it because it is still a dark paint that looks black in photos. In reality, it is more like a metallic black paint with a little more sheen. I don't think anyone would really be able to tell the difference on the road. Figured I'd post it up here for anyone trying to decide which way to go.

May you ordered the black chrome instead of the black gloss badges from IND? They sell both. I just checked mine and they look like a jet black gloss. No metallic on mine.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 06:48 PM   #44
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
May you ordered the black chrome instead of the black gloss badges from IND? They sell both. I just checked mine and they look like a jet black gloss. No metallic on mine.
Yeah, that's what I said. I got black chrome badges. I posted a pic so people can see. My point was that they look very similar to the black gloss ones I had for my M4... not a big difference.
Appreciate 0