BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > BMW M2 CS Test Drive - Is It Better Than The M2 Competition?

12-02-2020, 01:40 PM   #1
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
BMW M2 CS Test Drive - Is It Better Than The M2 Competition?

Another great review !

Bimmed Out1908.50
Hedoniste3820.50
Jimjamz4565.00
      12-02-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

With each new review (or at least many of them), it seems we learn of more modifications and features that are unique to the CS. I wish someone would tally all of the differences between the M2C and the M2 CS, as there's clearly a lot more to the CS than what was first announced. Thanks for sharing and thumbs up on your new userid.
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4026.50
      12-02-2020, 04:04 PM   #3
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
With each new review (or at least many of them), it seems we learn of more modifications and features that are unique to the CS. I wish someone would tally all of the differences between the M2C and the M2 CS, as there's clearly a lot more to the CS than what was first announced. Thanks for sharing and thumbs up on your new userid.
I agree. It's going to be interesting to hear about all the changes. I'm sure the info will come to light at some point. Very diverse reviews. Some say much better on road and less so on track. This reviewer thought it better on track. It might also be dependent on skill of driver. I need that DD cush.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 04:34 PM   #4
ryem3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB M2 CS

Quote:
I summed them up and approximated the values of each, but nobody seemed to care.
Appreciate 4
Bimmed Out1908.50
CarJunkie2615.50
///BYU268.50
      12-02-2020, 04:34 PM   #5
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
I agree. It's going to be interesting to hear about all the changes. I'm sure the info will come to light at some point. Very diverse reviews. Some say much better on road and less so on track. This reviewer thought it better on track. It might also be dependent on skill of driver. I need that DD cush.
I am really curious when it arrives in US and see what people say !
      12-02-2020, 04:40 PM   #6
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I agree with you. In addition to driving experience and skill set, which is of course quite variable across reviewers, I can't help but think some of these reviewers are in over their heads a bit with respect to their basic knowledge of sports cars and certainly with regard to ///M cars such as the CS. Recently, there was the thread on the reviewer (Steph ABtv) who may have actually gotten more wrong than he did right when describing the CS. Now there is this fellow who thinks the CS manual is really good, though not quite as good as Porsche or Mazda MX-5. And then, in the very next breath, he goes on to say that the manual in the CS is "probably the best modern manual I've ever driven". On the other hand, I did appreciate some of novel information about the CS that this reviewer reported.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2020, 04:44 PM   #7
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
I summed them up and approximated the values of each, but nobody seemed to care.
I appreciate that. And I think it was Supadice who started a similar thread a while back, which is also appreciated. But I believe there have been many additional adjustments, modifications, etc., unique to the CS that have been reported either in reviews or by knowledgeable BP members here that were not included. I wish there were a sticky thread by which we could keep a running tally as new information is revealed.
Appreciate 3
Supadice1027.50
///BYU268.50
      12-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #8
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I saw it....may not have commented. Thanks!
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
///BYU268.50
      12-02-2020, 05:38 PM   #9
TCBavarian
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP, E53 X5

Glad to see he was able to keep it for a few days and try it with a baby seat in the back!

I really want to enjoy this car with my little one.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2020, 07:54 PM   #10
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Squirrel at 06:05 takes a look.
      12-03-2020, 02:08 AM   #11
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Squirrel at 06:05 takes a look.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #12
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure many appreciated it; I for one
///BYU268.50
      12-03-2020, 10:16 AM   #13
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCBavarian View Post
Glad to see he was able to keep it for a few days and try it with a baby seat in the back!

I really want to enjoy this car with my little one.
My Little one is a foot taller than me now and he'll be the first to drive Sonic ..... for a veeeery short time (insert evil laughter)